Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

15F and sunny
    The coffee maker is not working, arrrgh!
    First world problems
    24 more please.

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
      Dill,did you watch TWD? It was so sad
      Hey Pauly, we didn't watch it last night but recorded it to watch tonight. I will comment tomorrow. But now you have me worrying.....Is it Carl? (Don't answer that!!!)

QW, I decided to try your crockpot recipe. I've got a cheap roast in the crockpot. I didn't have the Au Jus packet but had a brown gravy packet I used instead. I hope it works out!

Originally posted by Mr Vervill
      The coffee maker is not working, arrrgh!
      Mr. V, you have my utmost sympathy!

[MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION], I do hope you are still with us today and on into the future. Knowing you is like having a bit of myself in the great northwest! I don't know if that makes one bit of sense, but it's how I see it! LOL! Plus, I found this really amusing:
      Originally posted by Wildflowers
      Thank u sweet @dill I see it in yours, but not Ori's..
      Never heard of "sweet dill" before!

Count me in for another 24, please.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] - What time is supper?

The gravy mix should work well. I’d suggest checking the roast at about 3-4 hours. Depending on how well you like your beef, you may find it’s already cooked by then.

We found the peppers were amazing!

Hope you enjoy.

Another 24 hours please and thank you. I’m off to freezer dive after reading about the meals being cooked!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

How soon can you get here, QW?! LOL! It's smelling pretty good and we'll probably be eating in about an hour or so. I had a slight variation on mine. Instead of putting the roast in the crock pot whole, I decided to cut it into stew size bits. We'll be eating it over mashed potatoes, of course!

Jude, I loved your quote today about the lighting tomorrow with today. Doing what's right today makes a better tomorrow, or at least makes a better tomorrow possible. I too used to drink heavily on Sundays. Without the structure of having to be at work or anywhere else for that matter, the day stretched out before me and the alcohol seemed like a really good idea. looking back, I'm not sure why really. My Sundays are so much better af. I don't know why I didn't see that then!
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] Man that dinner sounds good.... I think I can smell it from here!

One of the many reasons that I quit drinking is due to the fact that I will be retiring in a couple of years. My Sundays of the past would have been everyday in the future. I truly didn't want my retirement to be one drunken, lost day after another. What a tragedy that would be.

Comment

"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call ‘failure’ is not the falling down, but the staying down."

— Mary Pickford

28 degrees and cloudy here in N.Y. Another 24 please and Thank you!

Comment

35f here in Jersey and the sun has deigned to grace the sky. Committing to another 24!
                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                Toolbox
                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

it's 1:42 here and I am a bit late checking in.. happy to be in the middle of 24 af hours..
                  Pauly/Dill, what is TWD?

Jude, such great quotes.. thank you.

I am home sick from work today and I can't even enjoy it because of this damned cough!:happy2: Haven't had one like this since the 5th grade as far as I can remember. Just trying to stay calm.. it can't last forever, right?

hope everyone has a good Tuesday..
                  xx

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, count me in for 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Darn it all, the cooking 'round here always makes me hungry lol!

LC, do they have "Fisherman's Friend" cough drops in Germany? It's my go-to cure for a cough!

Mr V, you'll probably laugh at this, but we keep an extra coffee maker on hand lol. When one burns out, we get the new one from storage then immediately replace it. Between here and the farm, we've been through a few of them haha.

I'm going to play a bit of the devil's advocate on today's quote Jude, but running out of time this morning so stay tuned lol
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:28 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

LC....can't the docs give you anything for the cough??? Hope that you feel better soon! :hug:

Comment

Yes, Jude, my doctor gave me something that sort of works.. I have had a bit less coughing than I had yesterday.. thanks.xxx

Comment

4F and a bluebird day starting in the mountains, beautiful.
                              Glad I'm up to see the sun rise, not hungover in bed.
                              There was a spare coffee maker here, yippee! lol
                              24 more please!

Comment

Originally posted by lifechange View Post
                                it's 1:42 here and I am a bit late checking in.. happy to be in the middle of 24 af hours..
                                Pauly/Dill, what is TWD?
                                LC, Pauly and I are Dead Heads! LOL (that used to be Grateful Dead fans, I know, but I refer to it now as Walking Dead fans) TWD=The Walking Dead. It's cult tv series. You either love it or hate it! :happy2:

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I loved last Sunday's episode but you were right: it was sad. You may laugh, but I teared up in a few scenes, lol. I am holding out hope that it's one of those deals where it was just a dream Rick was having and that Carl didn't actually die. lease: I buy the comics for my grandson and he tells me that in the comics, Carl does get bitten, but he does NOT die. I know the show and comic story lines are not always consistent with each other, so it's possible of course that Carl really did die off....but I don't want to believe it!!! Put me down in the "in denial" column! LOL

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], the recipe was so good! Mr. D though he had died and gone to heaven! lol!

Look what I found yesterday:

24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X