No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the week's end, we're finally going to be well above freezing for daytime temps, and just below freezing overnight! So today it's time to open up the greenhouse, turn on the heat and exhaust, and let things thaw out so I can maybe get seeds planted on Thursday!

Edit: It's true in many ways Jude, we all had our own reasons for drinking, our own reasons for quitting, our own ways of quitting and staying quit, and our own amount of sober time. But we're all just one drink away from being a drunk again, and that's what keeps us together!
    Last edited by abcowboy; April 9, 2018, 07:42 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

The loss of lives in that horrendous accident is hard to take in. I can only imagine the devastation. I'm sending prayers for strength and comfort to all their loved ones. And to the poor truck driver.

Good quote, cowboy. We are all shipmates on the good ship "Sobriety"!

24 please.
      Last edited by dill; April 9, 2018, 10:47 AM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Hard to comprehend what the families of those involved in the horrible bus crash Friday night are going through. And more sad news, the identities of two players were mixed, one young man reported as dead was in fact alive in hospital and another young man reported as surviving the crash was dead.
        The community of Humboldt came together last evening at their community arena to show support for the families. The event was televised nationally and a Go Fund Me page that had been started Saturday with a goal to raise $500,000 at last report was well over $4 million.
        So heartwarming to see good wishes pour in from around the world. Lots of good folks out there!

Update - just saw on the news that 80,000 people from 65 countries have donated over $6 million so far! Amazing! The families of those directly impacted, the Humboldt community and hockey all over the world need the support!!

It’s very springlike here today, 8C, 47F. About time!

QW
        Last edited by Quit wining; April 9, 2018, 07:00 PM.
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

34F with a light overcast, just a hint of orange in the sky as the sun rises.
          I saw some of the Humbolt memorial on our national news last night. So tragic.
          Working today, but might try and squeeze a bike ride in if it gets warm enough.
          Hope everyone else is well.
          24 more please.

Comment

4:58 am in Vegas,another 24 please
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

"You see, success isn’t a list of goals to be checked off one after another. It’s not reaching a destination. Success is a journey." - John Maxwell

6:15am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I was looking at quotes this morning and found 2 I thought were good. But for some reason the one I used reached out to me. You see, success comes day by day, month by month, year by year. We never really reach the end, we reach towards success and measure it by personal goals and milestones. Success for us isn't a destination, it's a lifelong journey. Sometimes we hit road blocks, take the wrong turn, but we just have to get back on the right road and continue our journey...
                Last edited by abcowboy; April 10, 2018, 08:14 AM.

Comment

32 degrees F and the sun is shining! The weather guys are predicting temps in the 50's later this week, and after a long, hard winter, it's very uplifting to say the least!

Loved the quote cowboy....I truly believe that success is very different for each of us. For all of us here, one measure of success is getting through each and every day sober, and while our methods for doing so may be different, the end result is the same. Maintaining sobriety leads to many success's in our lives, and while it may be difficult at times, it is so worth the effort! [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]... As you mentioned yesterday, "we are only one drink away from being a drunk." What a great inspiration for not taking that first drink. I've always loved the saying that "One drink is too many, and a thousand isn't enough." So true....

Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Spring might actually be here! We’re into the thaw during the day, freeze overnight but hey, it’s better than what we’ve had for what seems like 6 months. My little buddy seems to enjoy the warmer temps although her coat gets quite wet and dirty from the melt.

Good quote Cowboy. Success is a journey!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Late check in for me today. I don't usually get in here after QW! lol Better late than never.

24 please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Great quote, AB.. thanks for the reminder!
                        It's 6:55am here and I'm looking for another 24 af hours..:happy2:

Comment

6:15 am and another cold morning here in NY. Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

32F and sunny, might get up to 60 today!
                            24 more please.

Comment

"We are the only ones responsible for what goes on in our lives. We can make excuses and blame others, but we are responsible to and for ourselves." - Iyanla Vanzant

6:05am in Alberta, 24 more please and thanks..

Looks like I got me a date with the snow shovel this morning, and it's still snowing!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                              Last edited by abcowboy; April 11, 2018, 07:20 AM.

Comment

5:33 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X