~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

GMAE all. Dim morning light here in Jersey at 8:20 am, 62f and supposed to hit 80. Committing to another 24!
    [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], your neighbor's disbelief made me think of the below clip:

Last edited by Orimus; April 13, 2018, 07:23 AM.
    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
    Newbies Nest Roll Call
    Toolbox
    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

5:28 am in Vegas,another 24 place,some kind of bug makes a racket in the trees here all summer long I heard its locusts? But who knows,its a strange buzzing sound,no tree frogs tho
      Last edited by paulywogg; April 13, 2018, 07:30 AM.
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” - Brian Tracy

6:45am in Alberta, another 24 hours for me please, and thanks...

A nice day today instore for us, except for the freezing rain forecast for this morning!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well, ya learn something new everyday, I had no idea that frogs lived in trees lol! Up here we just have the regular on the ground hopping along kinda frogs, and the old wives tale is that you don't put your bedding plants out till the frogs start croaking as that's the sign that the last frost is done. But it is a relaxing background sound as we sit by the campfire in the evenings! Not to mention Hank loves chasing and playing with them!

I've seen blue jays, crows, a couple of gophers, and finally some geese! No robins or hummingbirds yet, but spring is definitely on it's way.

There's a couple of ways to post pics [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], one where you get the thumbnail to click on, and one where the image posts in real size, what way would you like to post your's?
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Toad Update: I just went outside and this time, a mere hour later, the toads are trilling their lovely mating song!:welldone:

Purple Martin Update: Mr. D reports seeing a single martin, a scout checking out the territory. The rest will follow in short order!

Spring is here!:yay:

Mr. V, That from a biology teacher? I worry for our kids, too!

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I am not sure what method [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] will pic, but I sure would like to know how to do the real size method.
            Last edited by dill; April 13, 2018, 08:03 AM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thankyou.

Looking forward to having the grandkids and their nice parents for supper tonight for a barbecue. Can’t wait!

Hope everyone has a great af Friday!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I wish we had frogs here! I don't care what kind, I like them all..
                Thanks, AB! First I have to take a couple photos, then download them to my computer.. and if you explain to Dill, I will pay attention and try to understand, too!:happy2:
                Ori, the Princess Bride is one of my all time favourite movies. I love it each and every time I watch it.. which I think I will today.. thanks for the reminder.

The quotes have been great this week, AB.. very much appreciated.

It's 7:39am and I'm about ready to take a nap! Here's to 24 more af hours..

Comment

59F with lots of rain coming.
                  I have to work outside today and tomorrow, not looking forward to the rain.
                  Loved the vid, Ori, lol.
                  I would love to see some photos of your area, too, LC!
                  There are over 15 species of tree frogs that live in Ohio, they are tiny little guys, which is why most people never see them. Here's a very small one.
                  24 more here please.

Comment

5:22 am in Vegas,another 24 please that's so cute Mr.V!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

"Go boldly for your dreams and aspirations. Let nothing hold you back. Today is the day to get encouraged, get dreaming, and get conquering!" - Aspen Jade

6:35am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have sign in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

That is a tiny frog Mr V!

I'm going to go type up pic posting tips in a Word doc then come back and post it, bbs y'all

Comment

42 degrees F and cloudy. The temps are supposed to drop later on and we are on a winter weather advisory for sleet and freezing rain. I heard more tree frogs this morning, but I don't think that they're going to be very happy with the forecast today. Don't think that there will be a lot of singing tomorrow morning. I'm going to try and post a pic of one, but not sure if it will work.

Thanks for the quotes this week [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!

Here's to another 24 and thank you!

Comment

Okay, I’m sure most of us know how to post the thumbnail type of picture? At the top of the message box is the “picture frame” icon (3rd one in from the right). You just click on that and then select whether the pic is from your device or from the web, browse for the pic you want, select it, then click “upload” and voila, you have a clickable thumbnail!

I used to use that method all the time until I found postimages. It is a free picture hosting site kinda like photobucket. The website is Postimage.org — free image hosting / image upload for those of you interested. You don’t have to join to use the service, but I did because it gives me a handy place to store my pictures, especially the ones I post more than once like my little snow shoveling guy.

So, when you open the website, the 3 main options are in the center… I most all the time use 640 x 480, but sometimes use 320 x 240 depending on the pic. By clicking on resize option, a drop down menu appears with sizes and recommendations.

The next box is expiration, pretty self-explanatory, how long do you want the pic to stay in your post? I just leave it at no expiration.

The 3rd box is to choose and upload your pic, again, pretty self-explanatory once you click on it.

The final step is what link you use to post with after the pic is uploaded. I always use the “hotlink for forums”. You click on the little clipboard on the right hand side and it copies the hotlink for forums address for you. Then you go to your MWO post, paste the hotlink without using any of the icons, just a simple paste, and there comes your image!

I think that sounds simple and I had Bubba follow my instructions, and she said “wow, that was easy”! I think I might have created a picture posting monster lol.

Go ahead and practice right here in the Café if you want, it’s pretty easy and don’t worry if you mess up a bit, we all do that, even with our quits lol.

Comment

In keeping with the frog/toad theme, I have selected a picture we took last year or the year before of a little tree frog that fell out of a tree and onto our deck one windy day. We put him in a specimen box to get a good look at him. They appear to be able to change color to be less visible, so this one took on the beige color of our picnic table top.

Ok, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], here goes:

It worked! And it was very simple! Thanks for the clear instructions, cowboy!

24 more, free and clear please!
                              Last edited by dill; April 14, 2018, 09:48 AM.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Had a great visit with the family and as usual, we were worn out when they went home!

No tree frogs around here although the flocks of returning geese are a sure sign of our long awaited spring. Saw my first robin of the year yesterday too.

Have a great af weekend everyone!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X