~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

What a bunch of adorable frogs-- thanks for sharing!

Comment

You will never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks.
      ~Winston Churchill

I did find wild bloodroot on my walk, day before yesterday! Two of them.:welldone: They are endangered, so I did not pick them. I just l enjoy the hunt! The root has medicinal qualities and is dark red or orange and can be harmful to skin.

Bloodroot Information and Bloodroot's Historic Native American Uses

24 more please and thank you.
      Last edited by dill; April 15, 2018, 05:37 AM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

32 degrees with sleet and freezing rain. Good day to stay inside!

Good quote dill!

Have a great AF Sunday all! Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who wants them please, and thanks...

It's just below freezing this morning, but going to get well above freezing again today! Lots of snow melted, but 3 days of snow/freezing rain in the forecast starting tomorrow. Winter just won't let go this year!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:55 am in Vegas,another 24 please
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Breakfast is ready!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

62F and raining
                off to work toady
                24 more please

Comment

Just saw your breakfast feast this morning [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. Looks delicious.....would trade it for the granola that I'm eating in a heartbeat!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We thoroughly enjoyed seeing our first professional lacrosse game last night! And, unlike what we’ve witnessed at hockey and football games, we didn’t see anyone overindulge. A very refreshing change.

And then this morning we had brunch with our grandkids and their nice parents.

Great to enjoy it all af!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Love the quote, Dill!
                      and the brekkie looks so delicious, AB.. thanks!
                      It's 6:26 here and time for me to wake up the kids.. another Monday.
                      Looking forward to 24 more af hours for all of us.

Comment

43 degrees F, windy and rainy here in N.Y. but the peepers are still peeping and the birds singing, so who am I to complain? Here's to another 24 and thank you very much!

Comment

"Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet."
                          ~Roger Miller

I think this quote, tho simple, says a lot! I also think it would work to change it to say, "Sometimes I walk in the rain and other times I just get wet." We get to choose how we react.

It's cold and wet here with 40% chance of rain or snow showers. April! :happy2:

Committing to another 24!
                          Last edited by dill; April 16, 2018, 05:59 AM.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Sorry I got my timing off, Jude! I try to get on early enough to catch you and have my quote posted for you, but I got up "late"!:happy2:

Yesterday when I was looking for quotes, I came across this one from Roger Ebert:

"Why do alcoholics begin down the same hazardous road day after day? They are in search of that elusive window of well-being that opens when you drink your way out of a hangover and aren't yet drunk all over again. The alcoholic's day consists of trying to keep that window open." ~Roger Ebert

I thought two things: First of all, I'm glad I reversed my course before that became my life. I fortunately managed to keep my drinking limited to nights and weekends. But I still could relate to what he was saying. Second of all, I didn't know Roger Ebert was an alcoholic! (He was a well known and popular film critic and for a while had a TV show called At the Movies with Ebert and Roeper) Apparently he managed to stop drinking as a young man and stayed sober for the rest of his life. I came across his blog after finding the quote. Here is a link to his blog post telling about his realization that he was an alcoholic and how he got sober:

My Name is Roger, and I'm an alcoholic | Roger Ebert's Journal | Roger Ebert
                            Dill

Comment

36F with light snow mixing with rain.
                              Who knew Roger Ebert was alcoholic? Not me.
                              While I was never a day drinker, and never one to use the "hair of the dog' technique to cure a hangover, not appealing when sick, I could barely wait for the evening to come so I could open the window.
                              Thought I had a day off today, but a job came in, so off I go.
                              24 more please.

Comment

5:12 am in Vegas another 24 please,Dill I didn't know he was an alcoholic either,I'll have a ready in a bit TWD was good last night BTW
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X