~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

dill....love, love, love that quote by Roger Ebert. That was me to a T, but I never could find the words to describe it. It was such a small window, so glad that I'm not climbing through it anymore. Thanks for posting both quotes today!

A friend of mine took this pic not far from where I live. You know that Spring is near when the gobblers are showing off for the ladies! Will have to check out your instructions again [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], then I can post pics larger than a thumbnail!

Comment

6:35am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Freezing rain up here as well Mr V but it just started, so I don't think it'll stay frozen for long as it's already above freezing for temperature.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Last edited by abcowboy; April 16, 2018, 07:47 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Excellent quote this morning [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Serves as a reminder to me that attitude is everything! I also didn't know he was an alcoholic, I used to watch their movie reviews back in the day. Looks like I'll have some good reading tonight, thanks for the link!

Guess I was more like Roger than the rest of you, but that's all behind me now, I closed that window, nailed it shut, and boarded it over!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Those wild turkeys look beautiful [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! That's one of the few game birds we don't have up in these parts. Maybe that's a good thing after what happened to our pheasant population! I despise greedy hunters!

Comment

Good morning [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], hope that you come do some reading here in the Café when you're online. I couldn't reply to your last message as your message box is full. I really hope one day you join us here, we're a pretty laid back group as you can probably tell lol.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We’re getting more snow along with freezing rain here today. Think it’ll be a treadmill day as it’s just too nasty out there.

Hope everyone has a great af Monday!

QW
              Last edited by Quit wining; April 16, 2018, 10:23 AM.
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

We're getting the same thing up here QW! The rain has now turned to snow!! At least I got to check out my new steering wheel for this spring

if spring ever decides to get here that is!

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                  Those wild turkeys look beautiful [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! That's one of the few game birds we don't have up in these parts. Maybe that's a good thing after what happened to our pheasant population! I despise greedy hunters!
                  Many years ago, wild turkeys around here were pretty scarce, but have since made a major comeback. The pheasants however, haven't done as well. It's rare to see one, and when you do, it's usually one that has been raised in captivity, then released. Doesn't make for a very smart bird, and they don't last too long. It's such a shame, as they are so beautiful, and I miss seeing them. I despise greedy hunters as well cowboy....idiots!

35 degrees F with a mix of sleet and snow. I can't do much about the weather, but I can work on having another 24 hours AF.

Happy Tuesday all!

Comment

Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
                    ~Francis of Assisi

There was a time that I thought it was impossible for me to get along without my wine or vodka. Even a single day was a daunting prospect. But I did what was necessary. I got the wine/vodka out of the house. That was the necessary step.

Loved the wild turkey picture, Jude! Mr. D was just commenting the other day that he hadn't seen any in a long time. We used to see them around here, but not lately. We haven't seen a pheasant in years. It makes me sad, too. We actually raised some and released them into the wild, but that didn't seem to help! If it isn't the hunters, it's the fox! It seems the deck is stacked against them.

Wowzers, Cowboy! I bet you are just itchin' to get on board that beast!

24 more, please.
                    Last edited by dill; April 17, 2018, 05:39 AM.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

34f and overcast.
                      gotta run, early dentist appt.
                      24 more please.

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks..

Cloudy here, but it stayed above freezing overnight at least! More snow/rain in the forecast today.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

We don't have a lot of fox up here, there are a few, but near as many as coyotes. A couple of years back, the coyote population got so bad that the surrounding counties put a bounty on them for two years in a row. It seemed to help as they are still around, just not as plentiful. I was talking to our area wildlife biologist when all this was happening and commenting on how culling the coyotes should help the game bird situation. He explained that the death of game birds was more due to food situations, weather, and natural disease. Very few are killed by predators. Since most game birds are ground nesters, the coyote and fox scout out the nests and eat the eggs! The more predators there are, the fewer eggs there will be to hatch! Greedy hunters don't help the situation though...

Comment

5:44 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I watched Sunday's TWD last night and yes! It was good! I quit watching FTWD last season, but I see that Morgan from TWD has crossed over to that program. It makes no sense to me timeline wise, but who am I to question the ins and outs of a TV show based on a Comic! LOL! Anyway, I am going to give FTWD a second chance, which I assume is what the producers were hoping for with that move. I doubt you and I were the only ones that had given up on Fear! Are you going to give FTWD another look?

Cowboy, we have a large coyote population here, too. Way more of them than of the fox! I bet they are the culprits because, as you say, the ground nests are easy prey. I have had folks ask if they could come on our property to hunt coyotes but we have said no. Perhaps it's time to rethink that....I never hear bobwhites any more either.

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], I am picturing you on a treadmill with another dog-style tread mill right beside it!
                              Last edited by dill; April 17, 2018, 09:20 AM.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Yep Dill I like Morgan so I guess I'll be giving FTWD another try,gotta get caught up on why they ended up in TX tho
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X