~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

An overcast day here in Jersey as we head past noon though there have been spots of sun, 46f. Committing to another 24!
    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
    Newbies Nest Roll Call
    Toolbox
    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.
      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], not sure if my little buddy could figure out a treadmill or not! Fortunately we were able to walk our usual route today, albeit in fog. By noon though the fog was gone and the sun came out.

Spent much of the day planning a trip to Mexico next January. We’re treating our kids and grandkids to a week at our favourite resort. Last Saturday my granddaughter told me she was going to Mexico!

Hope everyone is having/had a great af day.
      [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I was going to say nice wheels but guess I’ll have to change that to nice tread!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

30 degrees F this morning, and when I stepped out onto the porch, all I could hear was the wind. Not a peep from the peepers as they are probably covered in snow! Kinda puts a damper on their romance I suspect.

We too, have an abundance of coyote in the area, and many people around here do hunt them. I saw one last week in the same field where the pic of the turkey was taken. He was large for a coyote, probably 60 pounds or better, and very beautiful. My husband does hunt them, and I do understand the need for culling some of them, but still.....sometimes it's hard for me to accept. I want to save every animal, but sometimes you have to be just like nature, which can be very cruel.

Here's to another 24 and thank you very much!

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]......nice ride!
        Last edited by Jude58; April 18, 2018, 04:11 AM.

Comment

The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. Gilbert K. Chesterton

I love the essence of this quote. Sometimes all we see is what we focus on. When we are actively drinking, that is limited to our drinking. And when we focus intensely we can miss important things around us. That's a sad waste. But then focus is sometimes necessary...like when trying to become sober. So, for a time we may become out of balance and miss seeing things around us. But that is necessary and it passes as sobriety is achieved. And then the world opens up again and we can see even more around us than we ever could when drinking! Then we are no longer simple tourists, but travelers!

Jude, you made me think of the saying, "You must to be cruel to be kind." -Shakespeare

24 more, please.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

37F partly sunny this morning, but rain is on the way.
            Feeling a little over whelmed, but then I just realized I've worked 7 days straight. So much for the semi- retirement, lol.
            Working today, then a few days off, finally.
            24 more please.

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Right on the freezing mark this morning, spring is finally starting to win the battle with winter!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

So true [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], we were blind to everything around us when we were drinking!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:08 am in Vegas,another 24 please when they hunt coyote what do they do with it? Don't eat it I'd think
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

No, it's not for eating Pauly. But I guess if you were hungry enough.....lol. Up here there is a good market for the fur. A lot of the fur trimmed hoods on winter parkas is coyote. I don't hunt coyotes, but my son and his friend do. He has a fur buyer that stops by twice through the winter and pays him $20 per coyote.
                    Last edited by abcowboy; April 18, 2018, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We have coyotes around here, I hear them in the night sometimes. They keep their distance during the day when my little buddy and I walk. I think if we were confronted on a walk, she’d jump into my arms! And she weighs 25kgs, 55 pounds.

We’ve seen skunks and we’re told by a neighbour there are badgers in the area. No thanks!

Speaking of unpleasant things, the other day I ran into the manager of the liquor store I used to frequent. He misses me!! More likely he misses the money I used to waste there.

Hope everyone is having/had a great af day!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

You can't just let nature run wild. ~Walt Disney

So much talk about wildlife on the thread that I just had to post this quote!:happy2:

24 more please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

32 degrees and cloudy with an expected high of 40....what the hell??? All quiet on the porch this morning, other than the sounds of the creek.....no peepers.

Since we're on the nature theme this week, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], do you have any moose or bear up where you live? We don't have any in this area, but if you travel a couple of hours north to the Adirondack mountains there are quite a lot of them.

Here's to another 24 hours and thank you!

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks..

Spring is sprung, the grass is ris, I wonder where the robins is?

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

5:05 am in Vegas,another 24 please!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

39F with a flake or two of snow floating around. We hit 72F yesterday!
                                A few hours of sunshine, and I got out and rode my bike 15 miles in the small window after I got off work, then clouds and rain rolled in with a small could front.
                                It will be below freezing tonight, yup, it's spring.
                                I'm sure all our liquor store managers miss us, QW! Mine was a funny personable guy. I'm sure they miss our money more. I'm glad to have mine in my pocket, lol.
                                24 more please.

Comment

Working...
                                X