No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I laughed at your quote today [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], kind of an oxymoron me thinks! I wonder if old Walt was smiling when he said it!

There are quite a few varieties of wildlife up here [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. We have mule deer, whitetail deer, moose, elk, and bear. I've only ever seen 1 cougar, those sightings are few and far between. Of all the big game we have, only the whitetail and bear are on a general license, the rest are on a draw basis. I got drawn for moose last year so it will be 5 - 6 years before I get drawn again, but Bubba should get drawn next year. Our hunting season is Nov 1 to Nov 30 and my son and I look forward to it every year, not just for the hunting, but the father-son time we get to spend together. We have been putting in the draw for antelope for the past 12 years and we're thinking we might be successful this year. It's only a 3 day hunt in late October, so harvest better be done by then!

I run into my old liquor store owner from time to time as well. She always says she misses calling me when she gets in her supply of JD single malt. I'm going to bet her yearly sales are down 5% since I quit drinking lol.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
      I laughed at your quote today [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], kind of an oxymoron me thinks! I wonder if old Walt was smiling when he said it!

I run into my old liquor store owner from time to time as well. She always says she misses calling me when she gets in her supply of JD single malt. I'm going to bet her yearly sales are down 5% since I quit drinking lol.
      Yes, the quote made me chuckle too, Cowboy! Glad you liked it!

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], and Cowboy, I am sure that your old suppliers do miss your cash, but I can't help but think some other poor schmo has probably already appeared and is taking up your slack. No end to the supply of customers I'm afraid!
      Last edited by dill; April 19, 2018, 08:38 AM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A busy day today. Mrs QW has been looking after the grandkids this week. She’s bringing our grandson home with her for a couple of days this afternoon so I have lots to do - shovel out the kitchen (only kidding, it’s not that bad!), get supper ready (slow cooker roast) and plan what mischief we’re going to get into. Somehow it always happens!

Sure glad not to be hungover!

Have a great af day everyone!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

10:30 here at the bunker and it's pretty gray out there with rain on the way. Committing to another 24!
          “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
          Newbies Nest Roll Call
          Toolbox
          Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Meant to comment on [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]’s quote this morning.

I used to facilitate a management course for budding entrepreneurs. I would ask the group if they considered Walt Disney to be successful. Everyone did.

Then I’d tell them that he bankrupted 6 companies before he struck it rich with a mouse. Invariably they would be stunned.

And then I’d tell them that he was afraid of mice!

He persevered and overcame his failures and his fears. Kind of like what we’re doing here, right?

QW

24/7/365

Comment

30 degrees and windy today with a chance of snow flurries. It's supposed to warm up to near 60 on Sunday with actual sunshine! Woo Hoo!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

If there were no night, we would not appreciate the day, nor could we see the stars and the vastness of the heavens. We must partake of the bitter with the sweet. There is a divine purpose in the adversities we encounter every day. They prepare, they purge, they purify, and thus they bless.
                ~James E. Faust

I am not happy with the time I wasted when I was drinking every day, but I do feel it shaped me in some ways and made me ever more appreciative of the things we have in sobriety. Things that I took for granted before are more precious to me.

54 degrees for us today with lots of sunshine! I'll be hiking with a friend today and will have you all with in my thoughts.

24 hours please.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

34F with sunshine. High 50's today.
                  Hoping to get a bike ride in.
                  I try not to think of my failures too much, and keep moving forward.
                  24 more please.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Well spring broke through with a fury yesterday! 13C (58F) and the snow really started to melt! Which in turn cause the water to run, overtop the roads in some cases! A fast runoff is what we need though if we want to get seeding season back on track.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Everything we go through in life teaches us something, it's what we do with the lesson that counts. There will always be hard times, times we fail, but as Mr V said, learn from those failures and move on. No need to dwell on them unless you're trying to learn from them.

Comment

5:28 am in Vegas,another 24 for me and my friends here!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I had to wait till I turned my phone on to post this pic this morning. It’s the road leading to the farm!

Comment

11:42 here in the bunker and we've got 45f and sunshine with a beautiful weekend ahead expected. committing to another 24!

https://weather.com/storms/tornado/n...ma-record-2018
                            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                            Newbies Nest Roll Call
                            Toolbox
                            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Got to spend a very enjoyable day with my grandson, made so much better because I was af! Now we’re watching hockey after a busy day.

Hope everyone is having/had a great af day!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Forget like a child any injury done by somebody immediately. Never keep it in the heart. It kindles hatred.
                                ~Swami Sivananda

I think this is very important to remember. A small, unforgotten injury turns into resentment. Resentment is a lesser form of hatred and is a very negative emotion. We all know where resentment can lead.

That looks like some serious erosion there on that roadside, Cowboy. But what a beautiful drive you have!

QW, today is my day to enjoy some time with my grandchildren. Like you, I will enjoy it af. Looking forward to it!

24 more please.
                                Last edited by dill; April 21, 2018, 05:22 AM.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X