No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"If you want your story to be magnificent, begin by realizing you are the author, and every day is a new page..."

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more please..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:

pauly
    lloydlady
    dill
    mario
    abcowboy

Okay, where the heck did November go??
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

6:05 another 24 of feeling grateful that I don't HAVE to drinkand something sweet, does this place still serve food?
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other. ~Walter Elliot

And another 24 hours should do nicely.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4:45pm in Sask back for another 24 please

Comment

I may have to hire a new cook Pauly, or take over the duties myself lol. I've been neglecting the Café side of this thread so I guess I better do something about that...
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

So further to my post above, I'll try not to preach "abstinence" here, but just talk about life in general...

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed a small lump on Hank's loin? Kind of on the side of his belly just where the hip joins, not sure if that is the loin or the flank? Anyway, it just kept growing and now it's the size of a tennis ball! He isn't bothered by it, doesn't lick it, and when I examine it he doesn't seem to feel any pain. At any rate, we took him to the vet yesterday and he took a cell sample with a syringe and sent it away. We should know the results tomorrow or Monday.

The waiting and wondering is tough for Bubba and me because Hank is like family to us, a grandchild replacement sort of lol. Amazing how much love we can feel for an animal and how that love is returned 10 fold. Got my fingers crossed and pray each day that it turns out to be just a "fatty growth" as the vet explained. Sure glad I'm not drinking through this, I'd be a basket case for sure!

Comment

Praying for you guys cowboy! Hopefully it will nothing, but boy do I get the waiting and the wondering. We love our little fur babies. A friend of mine lost her beloved dog on Monday. While she was not the healthiest it happen quickly(she was ten)She is heartbroken and we cried together. Gave my little Lucy extra loving since then. How old is Hank?
                Keep us posted?

Comment

Hope it turns out to be nothing Cowboy, hoping for the best

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Sending good thoughts your way, Cowboy.
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Another 24 please.

Hope all goes well abcowboy.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

"If you only ever do the bare minimum, don’t expect anything but bare minimum results..."

6:35am in Alberta, another 24 for me as well please...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:

Pauly
                        dill
                        lloydlady
                        mario
                        abcowboy

Tgif! Another darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes everyone, and your professional reassurance kuya! Hopefully we'll find out today rather than have to wait the weekend. The test was $150, but money well spent to have peace of mind, and besides, that was just one week of beer money not all that long ago!

I forgot to say that Hank will be 7 on the 7th Liz.
                          Last edited by abcowboy; December 2, 2016, 10:05 AM.

Comment

6:49 am in Vegas another 24 hours of actually liking myself please

Comment

6:30pm in Sask, going to Edmonton for the weekend to do Christmas shopping yayyy! Count me in for another AF 24 hours. Sure hope Hank is okay ABC

Comment

Missed you on the x-post LL, tell Joe to limit you to one credit card eh! lol But enjoy your weekend in the bright lights!

Got the results today on Hank's growth, you were right kuya, turned out to be a "fatty tissue lipoma" so we're supposed to keep an eye on it to see if it keeps growing. The vet (he) said that if it grows to where it's affecting Hank's movements we should maybe think about having it removed, but he also said that in a lot of cases they just grow back. Great news for the day anyway!

It's an exceptional day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X