Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My 4 legged buddy got me up before 6 so we walked our 6km route and were home by 7. Saw lots of ducks, geese, a few robins and heard a couple of woodpeckers. I love this time of year - warmer temps, no snow and sooooo much more enjoyable unhung!

Have a great af day everyone!

QW

Update, just after 10 AM. My little buddy has been asleep for over 2 hours! She has a nicer life than I do!!
    Last edited by Quit wining; April 22, 2018, 11:05 AM.
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
      ― Albert Einstein

11:21 here in Jersey and it is a Sunny 60f. Committing to another 24!

Welcome back [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION]!
      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
      Newbies Nest Roll Call
      Toolbox
      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Loved the quote, [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION]! I'm sure Mr. V will too! :happy2:

I like your new avatar, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. Perfect for spring/summer!

Great to see you, [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION]!

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I saw the first epi of FTWD which featured Morgan. It was a really good episode and I enjoyed it up until the end when he met up with the crew from Fear! LOL!

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], the Cafe' has never looked so good! It benefited from Bubba's touch!

Embracing another 24!
        Last edited by dill; April 22, 2018, 11:52 AM.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

30 degrees and the sun is shining. Woo Hoo!

For some reason as the weather finally warms up, I find myself craving a drink more and more often. Yesterday was really tough, but I made it through another day AF. In the warmer months I really used to enjoy a glass of wine while sitting on my back porch. I guess it's just too easy to remember the pleasure of that first drink or two when you had that nice glowing buzz. Sometimes it's not so easy to recall how you felt after 10 drinks, and the warm feelings have faded away to lethargy and depression.

Anyway, glad that I said "no" to those urges, and humbly asking for another 24 please.

Have a great Monday all!

Comment

56F and two days of rain coming.
            Thanks for the quote, Ori, I did get another 20 miles in yesterday.
            If you will indulge me, here's another quote I can across yesterday from Mr. Einstein.

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” ― Albert Einstein

Tell Bubba, thanks from all of us, Cowboy. Yap all ya want.
            Beautiful valley, Jude, I was going to ask if that was home.
            24 more for all of us please.

Comment

“To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.”
              ― Gautama Buddha

A bright Monday morning here in Jersey at 7:39 am, 43f. Committing to another 24!
              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
              Newbies Nest Roll Call
              Toolbox
              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

:hug:@Jude58:hug: Well done to you! Your words made me remember the quote about something that doesn't kill you makes you stronger and in googling to find it's origin (which was Neitzsche) I found this interesting article. I think you'd like it too! It is something we all here can relate to:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Humbly asking for another 24.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I made it to 10pm. Also did it cig free last day. See if we can do 24

Comment

6:20am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Two great quotes Ori, keep'em coming!

Good on ya Jude for powering through! I think back to the last day of harvest last year when I almost went for beer, how bad I wanted to get drunk. I don't know why those thoughts hit us from time to time, but they do. I guess it's just something we have to accept about sobriety, thoughts of drinking will come and go, we don't have to act on them.
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:30 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

5:30 am in Vegas,another 24 pleaseI'm with you on FTWD Dill,I totally skipped last nights episode haha,Jude,good for you for avoiding drinks,certain weather,smells,places can be triggery and really test us,hate that!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

And another early morning walk thanks to my 4 legged buddy. She woke me up at 5:45. We did another walk yesterday afternoon, silly me I thought she might be tired and sleep in. Wrong. Wish I had her energy!

In honour of Spring’s arrival, I’m getting the patio furniture out today! Jude, glad you ignored the temptations yesterday. I used to love sitting on the deck with a glass of wine while barbecuing.

Hope everyone has a great af day!

QW
                            Last edited by Quit wining; April 23, 2018, 11:20 AM.
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Since it’s the Stanley Cup Playoffs and I know you’re not all hockey’s fans, here’s a little clip about the finer points of hockey.

Comment

Thanks, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! LOL Nice to have the finer points explained! Also great to start the day with a laugh.

Joined a local blood drive and gave a pint yesterday. Feeling fine today, altho a bit drained.....

In the mid fifties today with light rain. As long as there's no snow, I'm happy!

24 more, please and thank you.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X