X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

53F and raining still.
    Funny clip, AC, I have not seen that movie in decades. lol
    You feel shame, you know, then you get out. Kinda like drinking, lol.
    So many nights, that drink or two on the deck turning into a full blown drunk, yet I still get the urge, too.
    24 more please.

Comment

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal; it's the courage to continue that counts." --Mike Ditka

A bright 43f here in Jersey at 7:40 am. Committing to another 24!
      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
      Newbies Nest Roll Call
      Toolbox
      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Thanks for the great quote, Ori!
        and thank you for the PM, AB.. I'm ok. Was just having some very down days and didn't feel inspired to do much of anything except watch series and hang out with the girls. I did some writing which was good. But any time I'm away, or think I don't have time or can't think of a darned thing to say.. I realise how much you all mean to me and how much I miss the daily check in.
        So here's to 24 af hours for us all..
        xx

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Another beautiful day, right at the freezing mark, but it's going to be sunny and warm!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:12 am in Vegas,another 24 for me and my friends here please
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Geez, lots of good stuff here today and not enough time to comment on everything! I posted that little clip last night as I was watching the Boston - Toronto game and it came to my mind. That clip and the Home Alone movie never fail to make me laugh no matter how many times I watch them. But I never related it to drinking and quitting Mr V! You're right though, it does hold a message. I often find that a lot during my day, I read, hear, or say something that will strike me in just the same way. Why? Because my sobriety is one of the most important things in my life is why.

You know [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], I bet all of us here at the Café feel the same as you from time to time. I know I do, don't have much to say, can't think of anything to contribute, nothing of value to share, etc. But I still check in to my recovery sites everyday. Not so much that I need to anymore, but to show y'all that I'm right here with you. Taking it one day at a time. That's all I have, and all I have to do, take it one day at a time. And Ori's quote this morning was spot on! My success at quitting isn't guaranteed, I still have to do the work. I still have failures, not in my quit, but in many other areas of my life. I learn from them, make changes if need be, make amends if required, then move on. We all have the courage to continue, checking in here daily proves to ourselves that we do. Even if it's just to say "I'm here, I'm trying, and I'll never give up", that can go a long way in helping someone else get their sobriety on the right road...
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for the quote [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION]...another good one!

Loved the movie Slap Shot cowboy, especially the 3 brothers, they cracked me up! In the film they were supposed to be Canadian, but not sure if they really were? Did you know that parts of the movie were filmed at the War Memorial in Syracuse? Other than lots of snow, our only claim to fame.

Driving home from work yesterday, I noticed that a lot of farmers had plowed or were in the process of plowing their fields. So good to see, and looking forward to the green rows of crops which will soon be seen everywhere!

Good to see you back LC!

Asking for another 24 for myself and for anyone else that needs it!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks Cowboy for the Slap Shot video. This movie has always had a special place in our hearts. A little over 40 years ago, a very pregnant Mrs. QW and I saw the movie at our local theatre. Half an hour after we got home she went into labour and two hours later we became first time parents! We still laugh when we see the movie.

On a sad note, in the carnage of the Humboldt Broncos bus crash was a Slap Shot DVD, broken but the label was readable. Nice to know the team liked the movie.

Sunny and 23 C today, 73F. Can i say ABOUT TIME!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

50 degrees here and raining. At least it's not snow! As I stood out on the porch today, I could hear the rain hitting the metal roof, and I found it very soothing. Would love to have sat out there all day listening to it, but unfortunately have to head out to work. The creek was churning below, and I lone coyote sang in the distance.....a very good way to start the day.

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

53F with a light rain. Still too wet to plow, lol.
                      A little down yesterday, Gloomy cold day = zero motivation.
                      24 more please.

Comment

It's cooled off a bit here and we have around 18°C and very mixed weather.. can't quite decide what to do!
                        Hope you're feeling a bit better today, Mr. V!
                        Sounds lovely, June! I love the sound of rain, too.. especially when I'm having a nap.7
                        Here's to 24 more af hours for all of us..

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks..

Ya know how warm it is here? Warm enough that I power raked the front lawn last night in short sleeves! And perfect timing I might add as it supposed to shower today.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

5:17 am in Vegas another 24 please! thank you
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Missed yesterday , In for 24

Comment

“Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent then the one derived from fear of punishment.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

There is a gray veil outside my window here in Jersey at 9:07, 55f with rain expected and it has that look. Committing to another 24!
                                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                                Toolbox
                                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X