Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My 4 legged buddy didn’t get me up this morning, I had to wake her up at 7:15. Just back from our 6km walk, it was cool, windy but dry. Back to shorts weather tomorrow. What to barbecue?

Hope everyone has a great af day!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Barbecue, [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]? Sure!! I'll bring the potato salad!

Great quote, [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION]! For some reason the Harry Potter series popped into my mind when I read it! LOL

Seizing another 24. :sohappy:
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

42 degrees and cloudy this morning, but the peepers out back are practicing for the choir. It is indeed music to my ears; love to hear them every Spring!

Hope that everyone has a great Thursday, and here's to another 24 please.

Comment

I went out to listen for peepers [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] but at only 38 degrees, they were dead silent! :exclaim: Can't say as I blame them! I did see a pretty pink sky in the east and heard lots and lots of birds. A couple of geese were honking out on the pond. Very spring like!

Joyfully asking for 24 more!
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Another beautiful day coming up in God's country! Started yester on getting the camper opened up and the water well flushed after sitting dormant all winter. Can't wait for our first overnighter at the farm with our first campfire of the year!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

What did you decide on to barbeque QW? So many choices out there, but I still love home made burgers and potato salad! Pork tenderloin rates in there as well!

Spent most of the day at the farm yesterday opening things up for the year. Looks like today will be spent pumping water over the hill down to the dugout. Looking more like a weeks worth of pumping.

I did slip over to the neighbour's yesterday to repair the underground power line feeding his shop. He hit it with the backhoe last fall and the way last fall went, I didn't get a chance to repair it till now. When I was done, I joined them for coffee and a bit of gabbing. We talked about the water problem this year, and how the beaver are contributing to the flooding by plugging off the culverts. I don't like shooting creatures just for the sake of shooting, but we're going to have to do something soon with the beaver population or there won't be a tree left standing!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:30 am in Vegas,another 24 please thanks
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

It's a cold and stormy/rainy day here.. hard to get motivated to go outside again..
                  Happy about being in the middle of 24 af hours..

Comment

50F and sunny.
                    I did get out on the bike yesterday, 30 miles, sore. Lol.
                    Might try a short ride again today.
                    I love cooking outside!
                    24 more please

Comment

“Invest in yourself or no one else will – stop being afraid of what could go wrong & start getting excited about what could go right.”
                      – Tony Robbins

A sunny 58f here in Jersey at 10:17 am. Committing to another 24!
                      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                      Newbies Nest Roll Call
                      Toolbox
                      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote Ori. I know lots of people who would benefit from following that. I’ve seen people in their 40’s who act like they’re 80. And a good family friend who is 93 is still alive, I believe, because of his attitude. Every time I see him I ask if he’s decided what he wants to do when he grows up! He laughs and says it’s probably too late for him to grow up!!

Salmon on the grill, one of my favourite meals. I put the salmon skin side down on aluminum foil, baste it in canola oil and generously apply my favourite seafood barbecue sauce. About 15 minutes later on indirect heat and it’s ready. The skin sticks to the foil which makes serving easy.

Hope everyone is enjoying an af day!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Gosh that sounds delicious, QW!
                          Running off to work on a crisp and sunny morning.. Looks like we're going to have a gorgeous weekend, which feels very lucky since it's also a 4 day wkend..
                          Here's to 24 more af hours.. xx

Comment

5:30 am and the peepers are still going strong, even if it is only 35 degrees outside. [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]....NY peepers must be hardier than their Ohio cousins. LOL! The stars filled the sky this morning, and as always, left me with a sense of awe. Kinda makes you feel very small indeed.

O.K. guys, all of this talk of barbeque is making me really hungry for a good steak on the grill! The hubby and I are going to smoke a lot of venison this weekend to make summer sausage. It's a long process but so worth it. YUM!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you! Hope that everyone has a great Friday!

Comment

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], I'll be trying that recipe very soon! Sounds great!
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], your peepers must be hardier indeed! LOL! You'll laugh at this: I made a recording of the sound so I can play it off my iPhone whenever I like! I just wish I had made the recording a little longer! LOL!

Yesterday I made a beef curry in our electric pressure cooker. The recipe was in Urvashi's, Indian Instant Pot Cookbook. It was really delicious! I made a side dish of curried cauliflower and carrots and home made pocket bread. I should have made naan bread, but I was itching to try this pocket bread recipe. It actually turned out! Those little round breads popped up like magic in the oven right before my eyes! None of that wouldn't happened if I were drinking. I kept my dinners simple so I could 'relax' with my friend, chardonnay.

Another great and true quote, [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION]! So many of us find it impossible to believe in ourselves and yet it is critical to success. Some of us are lucky enough to have others in our lives who believe in us and that can spark the flame inside. But the flame must be inside for it to take hold. Sometimes we have to search for it.

24 more, please.
                              Last edited by dill; April 27, 2018, 06:31 AM.
                              Dill

Comment

“Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity.” ― Carl Jung

The sun is hidden behind a wave of clouds promising rain at 7:50 am, 57f. Committing to another 24!
                                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                                Toolbox
                                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X