~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

42F and partly cloudy, light rain expected later.
    I love salmon on the grill, I cook it just like you, QW. But instead of barbeque sauce, I just use a light dry rub.
    Great quotes, Ori, thanks.
    Headed to New Orleans on Sunday with Mrs, V. She got a convention, and I decided to tag along. Just a couple of days, should be fun.
    24 more here please.

Comment

6:25am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:32 am in Vegas,another 24 please thanks,great quote Ori:love:
        Last edited by paulywogg; April 27, 2018, 07:36 AM.
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I agree with everyone else Ori, great quotes this week!

I think the bottom line is just what Dill said, we have to believe in ourselves, believe that we have the strength and courage to do what needs to be done. That's not to say we have to go it alone though, everyone needs a bit of help now and then. Reaching out for help when we need it most is the key to most successes in life.

Yep, I'm hungry too after reading all the cooking going on! I can smell the deer in the smoker from here Jude! I'm not a big curry fan Dill, actually not much on trying many spices, but I do like "hot" spices. Not so hot that you can't taste what the spice is on, but just enough to give it that extra kick!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My little buddy took me for our usual 6km route this morning in absolutely gorgeous weather. We’re supposed to warm up to 20C or 68F later on today so that means barbecue! NY steaks thawing as I write this. Can’t wait!

Have a great af day everyone.

Hey Neo, hope you’re doing great!

Mr V, I’ll have to try salmon with a dry rub. Sounds delish. As a kid growing up on the west coast, we often had salmon but it was always boiled, very bland and as a result, for years I avoided it. Now, done on the grill, it’s one of our favourite meals.

QW
            Last edited by Quit wining; April 27, 2018, 10:40 AM.
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

My tummy's grumbling, too, as I read what you're all cooking! It's 11 am here though.. I'm going to make a tuna salad with cucumbers, peppers, pickles, red onions, yogurt and mustard.. and I'll see what else I have in the fridge..
              I went on youtube to listen to Peepers 'cause I didn't know what they were.. thought it must be a bird.:happy2:
              Berlin is quite a green city so we do have a lot of bird activity.. right now I hear blue tits, sparrows, crows, black thrush/blackbird (this one I love!), starlings. I guess those are the main ones.. They make me very happy!
              Hope everyone has a nice weekend.. Here's to 24 more af hours..
              Last edited by lifechange; April 28, 2018, 04:13 AM.

Comment

45 degrees here in N.Y. and cloudy. The weather forecast is calling for some snow tomorrow. Gee whiz, give us a break already!

Not sure if I'll hear the peepers in the morning or not. (they might be covered in white stuff.) [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]...I think that it's a great idea to record the sound of the peepers! They only sing for a short period of time, and then everything gets quiet again. Great idea to record them! Awesome sound to play year round, especially just before you go to bed at night!

Went out to dinner with some friends last night, and everyone had a beer with their meal. Man, did it look good, and the temptation to have "just one" was very strong. I just tried to remember how I would feel afterwards. To lose everything that I have worked at for the last 8 months just wasn't worth it. So glad that I said no.

Hope that everyone has a great Saturday!

Comment

Oops, forgot to ask for another 24 hours!

Comment

6:35am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

5:37 am in Vegas,another 24 please,Jude,good on skipping the beer! What's one anyways?waste of time
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

8:30 A.M in Central NC

Another 24 Hrs for Me Too ! Please

Rose

Comment

:welcome: to the Club and Café [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION]! We're a pretty laid back group here, only 2 posting rules, respect the opinions of the other members, and no talk of politics. Pretty simple eh. I see where you've already got through the first week and thinking you're working on Day 11, that's all we do here, just work on today and beat this thing one day at a time!
                          Last edited by abcowboy; April 28, 2018, 10:28 AM.

Comment

50F cold, cloudy, and windy.
                            No bike riding today. Went 20 miles yesterday, fought the wind the last 5 miles, felt like 15, lol.
                            I'll probably miss tomorrow's check-in as we're leaving town. 5am to the airport.
                            Asking for 48 please

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

The steaks were wonderful if I do say so myself. Looking forward to many more barbecues this summer.

We’re off to Canmore tomorrow for a couple of days, close to the mountains. Since we’re treating the family to a week in Mexico next winter, we’re just doing a couple of short, local escapes this summer. Looking forward to mountain air!

Welcome Rose! Nice to have you here.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

This day just seems to be moving along a lot faster than I am!! LOL! I won't let it worry me tho.
                                :welcome: [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION]!

Humbly, asking for 24 more.
                                Last edited by dill; April 28, 2018, 11:58 AM.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X