~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

A little snow here this am, and only a few lonely peepers calling out. At the moment, I'm glad that I'm not a peeper! Light snow in the forecast today, then possibly hitting 79 one day next week. I guess we're going to skip Spring this year and go right into Summer. :egad:

Welcome [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION]....hang around, you'll like us here at the Café.

For whatever reason the last couple weeks have been very difficult as far as being AF, but on the plus side, I am pushing through it. Humbly asking for another 24 and thank you very much!

Comment

5:37 am in Vegas,another 24 please
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:50am in Edmonton, Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who wants and needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I best git the breakfast trolley out before I have a mutiny on my hands! lol

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

""We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.."" - Carlos Castenada

I've spent many a year working on making myself miserable.. might not have admitted it at the time..but as they say, hindsight is 20/20!:happy2:
            Jude, great job keeping on track this week, through difficult times. Strength and love to you.
            Hope you're all enjoying the weekend.. Gorgeous and sunny here, but heading into cooler weather this coming week.
            Here's to another 24 af hours for us all..

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you!

Just about to hit the road to Canmore where the forecast for tomorrow is.....snow. Oh well. Summer was great while it lasted!

Cowboy, how late is brunch served? Might have to detour!!!

Jude, good for you for ignoring the feckits. They got me a few times. Mr V, where are you jetting off to? Hope you have a great time.

Rose, Neo, hope you’re both doing well.

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I think the changing seasons are a challenge, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. I don't know what it is exactly but for me sometimes it is simply the way the sunlight plays on the landscape or comes thru a windo. It reminds me of times I enjoyed a glass of wine at the end of the day back when I was in control of my drinking and could simply enjoy one or two, then stop. I've had a couple mild twinges here too these last few days. Good for you fighting those urges back!!

Great quote, [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], thanks!

It's a gorgeous day here too. I've been out working in some flower beds. It's great to be able to be outside enjoying the weather. I was so surprised this morning when I looked out the window at 6:15 and saw the most gorgeous moonset! What
                a gift!

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], I googled Canmore. It's breathtakingly beautiful! Enjoy, and take lots of pictures!

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] I hope you have fun in the Big Easy! My daughter lives there and owns a neighborhood wine shop. It's always a challenge for me to go there and not partake at her wine bar. But it does get easier each time! Will you go to Café du Monde in the French Market? Maybe stop in at the St. Louis Cathedral? Those are two stops I make each time I go visit my daughter.

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], you make the best breakfasts hands down! I'm stuffed. :thumbsup:

Gratefully asking for 24 more.
                Last edited by dill; April 29, 2018, 12:05 PM.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

35 degrees here with a light coating of snow on the ground. Tomorrow it's supposed to be in the low 60's. This is definitely one of those areas where "if you don't like the weather today, wait until tomorrow." [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]...love your posts about working in your garden and all of the signs of Spring around you. It definitely cheers me up! :love:

Spent the weekend making venison summer sausage, and man is it tasty! Just add a little cheese and a good, hearty German mustard and it's Mmm, Mmm good! [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]..thanks for the wonderful breakfast yesterday, I'm still stuffed!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Mother Nature dealt a blow this weekend. We've had frost the past two nights! The peach and pear trees were both blossoming. It's likely the fruit crop has been wiped out or severely cut back. Time will tell. Fingers crossed.
                    On the positive side: today is my birthday and Mr. D is asking me what I would like to do today! I told him I want to buy a butterfly bush and plant it in my herb/perennial bed. (After all danger of frost is past!) Mother Nature has been cruel over night but she is also being kind in that today is going to be sunny and warm. Perfect weather for cleaning up more flower beds!

Quietly asking for 24 more please.
                    Last edited by dill; April 30, 2018, 06:33 AM.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy Birthday dill! Make a wish when you're blowing out the candles on your cake that Winter will end! :exclaim:

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

We have the same weather Dill, white frost covering the ground this morning! A cooler week ahead, but only two nights forecast to go below freezing.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] (in absentia) abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Birthday you say? It's someone's birthday?? Can't have a birthday without cake!

Comment

Happy Birthday Dill!! 5:23 am another 24 please
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

And a little something to go along with the cake..

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! That's the best cake ever! And that butterfly bush is terrific! I can't wait to put it in the ground!
                                What's so special is that I was waiting..... Once I mentioned my birthday I thought you might do something special for me. I was waiting and you certainly came thru!! :thanks:
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X