Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please. & thank you.

The weather is cool and wet in Canmore but every so often the mountains peak through. Off to Radium Hot Springs for the day.

We had lunch at a pizzeria yesterday, my wife asked if I was going to have a beer. Must have been a test because I DON’T DRINK!

Happy birthday Dill. Sounds like you had a great day!

Hope everyone has a great af day!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Mowed my dogs yard with a push mower today. Sheesh....haven't been able to do THAT for years

24 More for me - Thanks

Rose

Comment

You’re most welcome [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], it’s what friends do! I only wish I knew everyones’s birthday, anniversary, sobriety date, etc. etc! Hint! Hint!

The only thing worse worse than a push mower [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION] is a snow shovel lol.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

""I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.""--Maya Angelou

We all have the power to be aware of how we are treating other people.. and to try our best to do well. This is a good reminder for me..

Happy belated birthday, Dill! I'm crossing my fingers with you.. peaches are my favourite fruit. One of them, anyways.
          QW, Great job on passing that test! We don't drink!
          AB, lovely breakfast and cake!

hope everyone is having a nice weekend. Here's to 24 more af hours.

Comment

Isn't it nice to wake up on the first of May without a trace of a hangover!

I had a great birthday! Thanks for all the birthday greetings. I got my butterfly bush AND Mr. D went and surprised me with something I had mentioned wanting several weeks back: an electric coffee/spice grinder! Can't wait to try it out!

Thanks for a great and true quote this morning, [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]. I know it is a core truth. I will let you know if any little peaches or pears survived the frost.

24 more, please and thank you.
            Last edited by dill; May 1, 2018, 06:34 AM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4:53 am in Vegas,another 24 please
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hope you're enjoying all the beautiful scenery that Canmore has to offer [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! Just another place that proves how diverse and beautiful our province is!

I read your quote this morning [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] and it reminded me of all the people I hurt with my drinking. Some of that hurt will never be forgotten, but changing myself for the better proves just how sorry I am for causing that hurt....

Comment

Hope you're enjoying New Orleans Mr V, and congratulations on your

of sobriety!

Comment

Blue, blue skies this morning, and it's supposed to reach 70 degrees! :yay: It's amazing what this kind of weather can do for people's spirits!

Love the quote this am [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! Like cowboy and many of us here, I have hurt so many people because of my drinking. That's one of the hardest parts to get over, if we ever really do. I'm trying to be a better, more kind person. It's amazing not only what our actions can do to the one's that we love, but our words as well. It's hard to rectify all of my past mistakes, but I try not to dwell on it, and being sober has gone a long way in changing the way I treat my friends and family.

Here's to another 24 please and thank you very much!

Hint, hint [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION].....my Birthday is coming up on June 5th. Some flowers and a cake would be a joy to receive! LOL! :happy2:

Comment

Happy May All - Enjoyed my breakfast on the deck earlier. Fed some to the deer who visit my house a Lot.

Have no idea what I'll get into today - Won't be the vodka bottle though - Retirement from work agrees with me

Another 24 for me too

Rose

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, our part of the world is indeed beautiful but Mother Nature will always have her way. The highway to Radium was blocked by a rock slide so our plans changed - we met with our family in Golden instead. A bit further to drive but overall not a big deal.

I saw this quote a while ago and think it’s relevant. “Don’t let a bad yesterday ruin a good today. Let it go”. We’ve all done things we regret but as you pointed out Cowboy, one of the best things we can do is not make the same mistakes again.

Rose, isn’t retirement the best job ever???

Have a great af day everyone.

QW
                          Last edited by Quit wining; May 1, 2018, 08:37 AM.
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Looks like another gorgeous day on tap today, and I'm soaking it up!

Looking forward to another 24 hours please and thank you very much!

Comment

Spring is in full swing now! Red buds, and other flowering trees are in full bloom. 24 more please and thank you!
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, I'll have 24 please, and thanks...

A bit below freezing this morning, but bright and sunny! I'll keep pumping water over the hill and get more black dirt for the pots in the gh. Hopefully it's not as windy as yesterday!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X