• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:09 am in Vegas another 24 please
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thankyou.

Nice to be home after a short break. My 4 legged buddy is exhausted after a couple of days at the Howliday Inn and has been asleep pretty much since we got home. I bet that changes when I ask if she wants to go for a walk!

Hope everyone has a great af day!!!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm back, y'all. 60F and sunny, highs in the mid 80's today, wow!
          Quick check-in as I have an out of town job today, I'll read back later.
          Booze and temptation everywhere in the Big Easy, I did not succumb. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thinking about it.
          24 more please.

Comment

The beast is loudly calling me...yet I'm relying on my mentality to walk away and ask for...

another 24 Hrs - Thanks

Rose

Comment

Good for you Mr. V. !

Comment

60 degrees this lovely morning with some rain expected later today. As I was sitting on the porch earlier, I noticed the moon hanging above the tree line at the top of the valley. It's edges were hazy and it just looked so gorgeous. It made me grateful to experience moments like these, and to be given the opportunity to stop and really see things as they are. In the past, my eyes would have been so blurry from the drink that I could never be sure if the haze around the moon was really there, or if it was just my vision.

Hope that all are well on this Thursday morning!

Looking forward to another 24 and thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                  I meant to comment on this yesterday but never got around to it. They say you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family, but I don't quite agree. Family is exactly what you all are to me! You are the family I choose. I'm with you on that, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!

We're supposed to be in for some rain today. We need it, too!

24 please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

60F and overcast, with rain expected. Gotta get the lawn mowed before it comes this morning.
                    I have to work out of town this weekend, with a couple of 5am starts, so I probably won't check-in again until Sunday.
                    Asking for the next 72 AF!
                    Talk with you all later.

Comment

Mr. V. Better to have to mow the lawn than to shovel snow!

Comment

""True belonging is not something we achieve, accomplish or negotiate with others--it's something we carry in our hearts. Our wild and messy hearts."" -Brené Brown

I don't completely agree with this, because I think/have found that getting to the point where we know this to be true could be seen as an accomplishment.. in my case, at least! I don't always feel this way, but more and more.

Here's to another 24 af hours..
                        How are you today, Tribalrose? Is that beast out of the house?
                        xx

Comment

6:20am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Last edited by abcowboy; May 3, 2018, 07:22 AM.
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:30 am in Vegas,another 24 please great job on avoiding the temptation Mr.V and Rose
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I kinda agree with you [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], but I guess it comes down to what "true belonging" means to us as individuals or the situation. Does true belonging mean acceptance into something or does it matter? For me, true belonging is something I feel in my mind and heart, no matter what others think, say, or do.

That beast can spring up at anytime eh [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION]! Of course we all know the more experience we get at beating it back down, the easier it becomes to do that. But that still doesn't help right at that moment. What helps is the thought that you can do it! That others have done it and you're every bit as good as the others!

Agreed [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! This is a family that I belong to, a family that cares and shares. It's actually what family is supposed to be all about...

Don't worry Mr V, you look after yourself on that end and I'll take care of things on this end for you!

I get those moments as well [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. Mostly at night when I'm outside having my final smoke of the day. Looking up at the stars, wondering if this is really supposed to be where I should be, and grateful for all of life's experiences. It is where I'm supposed to be, things are the way they are supposed to be, and I'm happy with that...

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A beautiful day here, sunny and warm. My Jeep was quite dirty from the trip so I washed it in my driveway instead of going to the car wash. When we bought the Jeep the sales manager commented on how satisfying it was to wash the car and have a beer. I skipped the beer part and washing the Jeep was still satisfying!

Hope everyone is enjoying an af day!!!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X