~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Gosh..Lots of good info on this site + I'm learning how to follow along a lil bit . My neurologist has me doing all sorts of games/puzzles to help me. One thing I've always done is be Honest with my Drs. Alcoholism has been my Only health issue for practically my whole life. If it wasn't for a few pics I would have no recollection of Lots of things. That's sad. But...I'm only 58 so I simply just live in the Now. Some days I bring out my 10 Min Chip that I have a bagful of from stints in rehabs...it helps. Other days I just hide in the house until I feel normal enough to get out in public. That's about all for now. Thank you All for understanding.

Rose

Comment

I want to be done now. I want to be all done now with this toxic poison. Yuck.
      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

I am enjoying my morning. I got up earlier than usual and it is so mild outside that I am sitting outside on the deck having my coffee and posting. It is v dark yet as the sun isn’t on the horizon yet. Even when it does reach the horizon it is very cloudy so it won’t be able to show itself. I am totally enjoying the pre dawn peace. There is a slight breeze and the birds are chirping. What a gift!

:welcome: big welcome to you [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]! You are in good company here!

[MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION], I'm so happy you have chosen to take positive action for yourself! Stick with us and you'll reach you goals, one day at a time!

Gratefully asking for 24 more, please and thank you.
        Last edited by dill; May 4, 2018, 05:13 AM.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] Hey porch sister! :love: I was also out on the porch this morning having my coffee, listening to the night transition into dawn. I have no words to describe it, but heaven it was. I did hear a fox barking, and he sounded a bit like a Chihuahua. (or a cat choking up a hairball.) Like you, I so enjoy my porch time!

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Have a great Friday all!

Comment

5:33 am in Vegas another 24 please hi Slo
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Cloudy but warm here this morning, showers in the forecast, but that won't stop Bubba, Hank, and I from heading to the farm today to open up the camper for the season and spend our first weekend out there!!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I was probably one of the worst drunks on MWO [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION] and [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], my drinking was so out of control. I think I hid it pretty good from everyone save for a few family members. I knew I had to quit, but I didn't want to, I wanted to keep Mr Budweiser around because he helped me through so many of life's problems! What would I do without him? How could I deal with all these problems myself? The answer was quit simple, I didn't have to! I had family, friends, online support, professional support if need be, addiction support groups, and God. But none of them could make me quit, I had to do that, I had to want to do it, not just need to do it, and that thought scared the heck out of me.

But one morning, I'd had enough! I finally gave up the battle with alcohol! I wanted to quit drinking! Period! End of story! And I was going to do everything I had to do in order to succeed. No, it hasn't been easy, but it's doable. Yes, I still think of drinking occasionally, but I accept that as a normal thought, one I don't have to act on. But I never gave up, took it one day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time. And after 3 years of sobriety, I still have thoughts of an ice cold beer. I just have to remind myself that I don't just want one, I want 21! That's the person I am, I accept that, and keep working on my sobriety.

I know it seems that those of us with long term sobriety make it sound easy, but we know it's not, and never will be. Sure it does get easier, but it'll always be something to keep a watchful eye on. Will I ever think I'm strong enough to try drinking again? Nope, because I remind myself that I'm a drunk, and once a drunk, always a drunk. There's no magic words or formula to lifetime sobriety, it's hard work, determination, and being humble enough to ask for help when those drinking thoughts creep in.

And as they say in AA, keep coming back! Check in everyday, read, post, read. Buddy up with someone on FB, get an email address or two, or get a phone number from someone you trust. Do whatever you have to do to push away those drinking thoughts when they creep in. It's almost impossible to do this on your own, the great news is, you don't have to!
                Last edited by abcowboy; May 4, 2018, 09:01 AM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Dill & Jude...I too enjoy my quiet mornings on the deck - rocking in my chair B/4 I get rolling.

abCowboy...you touched on a point that Does leave me perplexed. Long timers do Indeed remember & know the Work involved to get and remain AF. I see this a lot in AA - Lots of folks have Many years AF...and then their's me. Back & forth etc...My one and only traffic stop was a DUI (June 2016). Thank goodness I didn't get hauled to jail - it was a sobriety ck point so they just made us park & call someone to bring us home. I called a taxi. Snuck right back down there 3 hrs later to retrieve my truck - Drunk. That's when I got serious about cleaning my act up. It's just unacceptable for me to keep doing this to myself.

24 More Hrs Please

Rose

's

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It was a beautiful morning to walk although I am envious of those who have decks to sit on early in the morning and listen to nature. My 4 legged buddy and I were home from our 6km walk by 7:30 this morning.

Hope everyone has a great af day!!!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW...Walking your lil buddy sounds invigorating to me. I have 3 furbabies and get all tangled up with the leashes, so I just throw a blanket down in their play area & have fun with them like that.

Going to go to the local fields and pick strawberries in a few. Floppy straw hat and all !

24 Hrs for Me - Thanks !

Rose

Comment

Originally posted by TribalRose View Post
                        Dill & Jude...I too enjoy my quiet mornings on the deck - rocking in my chair B/4 I get rolling.

abCowboy...you touched on a point that Does leave me perplexed. Long timers do Indeed remember & know the Work involved to get and remain AF. I see this a lot in AA - Lots of folks have Many years AF...and then their's me. Back & forth etc...My one and only traffic stop was a DUI (June 2016). Thank goodness I didn't get hauled to jail - it was a sobriety ck point so they just made us park & call someone to bring us home. I called a taxi. Snuck right back down there 3 hrs later to retrieve my truck - Drunk. That's when I got serious about cleaning my act up. It's just unacceptable for me to keep doing this to myself.

24 More Hrs Please

Rose

's
                        [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION], I find comfort in the fact that there ARE long timers! Knowing that gives me hope. I've been at this a long time and still have the occasional misstep. I've at least learned not to let it defeat me and lead me back wards to my cycle of daily and escalating drinking. I try not to compare myself to others because that is counter productive and can make me feel like a failure. Instead, I set my course toward the future when I will be completely af.

Quietly asking for 24 more, please and thank you.
                        Last edited by dill; May 5, 2018, 06:20 AM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Humbly asking for another 24 on this beautiful Spring morning!

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Be-u-ti-ful morning out here at the farm! Couldn't be a better day to get the 2018 seeding season started!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] (in absentia) abcowboy

We seemed to have lost [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] somewhere along the way! Get on back here! And thanks for the quotes this week!

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                            Last edited by abcowboy; May 5, 2018, 07:23 AM.

Comment

5:48 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

A couple of things to touch on this morning, then I'll quit blabbing lol. We got to the farm and got the camper opened up, aired out, water and sewer running, stocked with the essentials etc, etc. Then it was time to do some planning, I used to always like things planned out in advance, and if my plans got interrupted, a perfect excuse to get drunk! Anyway, there's 3 things that are like death and taxes in the spring for Bubba and I, tilling the mil's garden, our country cemetery (Bubba's relatives buried there) graves get blessed by the UC Priest, and seeding season gets underway. My plans for yesterday were to get the camper opened up, then Hank and I would power rake the grass out here while Bubba went to the cemetery to put fresh flowers on the 5 graves and clean the headstones in preparation for the grave blessings today, then continue putting the rest of the reflective film on the windows in the gh that we started doing last year. Then this morning we would run to Veg and get the garden tilled and be back here in time for the grave blessing. Well, I remember reading somewhere that plans shouldn't be rigid because God has a way of changing them for us lol. Anyway, just after getting the camper opened up, we were sitting relaxing with a coffee and the farm boss texted, we start seeding on Saturday!
                                So it was change the plans! Load up the roto tiller and head for Veg, get that done first, then when we got back, Bubba head for the cemetery to clean the headstones while Hank and I started on the grass, window film would have to wait! Ooops, change those plans because we didn't bring my farming clothes, lunchkit, thermos, noe near enough food to last me the week! So it was go to Veg, back to Vermilion to pick up what we needed, then back out to the farm leaving no time to get anything else done!

Roll back to 4 years ago, I would be typing this with a huge hangover! Anger would have set in because things got out of my control and I had to change my plans! The perfect excuse to get drunk! This year, laugh it off, accuse God of getting under my skin lol, then just re-arrange things to make it work. The grass and windows can wait, Bubba will go to the cemetery this morning to quickly do the headstones while I head for the seeding rig, then she'll go over to the blessing at 2pm. She'll do whatever grass she can get done with the rest of the day. Sobriety gives me that peace of mind that the world won't end because my plans got changed, laugh it off, go with the flow, and do what needs to be done...

Comment

Working...
                                X