No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Bubba, Hank, and I get to Veg yesterday and I get the garden tilled for the mil. Load up the roto tiller when I'm done and expect to head to Vermilion right away to pick up things we didn't take the first trip to the farm. Hold on God says, I'm changing your plans again lol. Turns out the mil wants the apple trees pruned and the door handle to her cold room is sticking and hard to open. So get the ladder and my sawzall out, get the trees pruned, clean up all the branches, then put ladder and tools away. Go down to the cold room to fix the handle and low and behold, there's a 12 pack of Budweiser sitting on the floor of the cold room with only 2 bottles missing! That case of beer has been sitting there untouched for over 3 years because they bought it for me so I could have a beer when we were over there visiting. Another silent laugh from me and get the handle fixed, the beer has found a permanent home on the cold room floor as far as I'm concerned. Times change, things change, people change, funny how life's just like that some days...
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another nice walk early this morning and now my little buddy is lounging in the backyard in the sunshine.

Cowboy, changes to plans used to get to me too. In raising our 3 boys, we helped them learn that adapting to change , especially things beyond their control, was key to being happy and successful. Nice to see they continue to follow that. As we know, change is the only constant.

I had a call from my son the other night to tell me he’d been promoted to Chef de Quisine at the restaurant where he has been the butcher for the past 2 years. He will be overseeing all aspects of the special event rooms for up to 750 guests. Nice to see his hard work pay off. And in an industry known for people who drink too much, he’s managed to keep his consumption to a minimum. Makes me proud!

Have a great af day everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” – Oscar Wilde

For most of us, especially those with addiction, it takes a lot of work to figure out who we are, and to hopefully, come to love the person that lives within us. I guess it's kind of like having a "live in" friend, always with you, in good times and bad.

Asking for another 24 for myself and for anyone that needs it. Have a great Sunday all!

Comment

57F and overcast.
          Miserable day working Saturday, one of the worst ever. Normally I drink after this event, hard. Start with beer, and finished with bourbon on my two hour drive home. Nope, not this year!
          Hard rain all day long. To top it off, my car leaks a little after being rear-ended a couple of years ago. Usually not much of a problem. It happened in the summer, so it was months later when I discovered the leak, really to late to deal with Insurance, etc, and the car is 20 years old. Came back to the car yesterday and there was well over an inch of standing water on the passenger side. Ugh! Normally this would have set me off, I would have been drinking AT the problem. Nope, like water off a duck's back. Life is full of these little problems, drunk or sober.
          Waves to the porch sisters, waves to Slo, and waves to the rest of yiz.
          24 more please.

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, 24 for me and anyone else who wants them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] (in absentia) abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Breakfast is ready y'all! Might have to get one of you to clean up after everyone is done, time to head to the field...

Comment

5:50 am in Vegas another 24 please and thanks
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It was a beautiful morning walk with my little buddy. Gotta love this time of year!

The neighbours hosted a party last night and this morning I see there’s a truck parked on the front lawn we share. Let me guess... alcohol was involved in this brilliant choice!

Have a great af day everyone!

Awsome looking brekkie Cowboy!!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]....awesome breakfast, I'll do the dishes!

Comment

Jude your new avatar is one that one of our regulars on the daily thread had,she's gone for awhile and I thought she was back haha
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Late check in for me. I'm looking forward to another 24!

It's been a crazy busy weekend with the grandkids and then with an unexpected visit from a long lost relative who was just in the area. So, like you Cowboy we were dealing with surprises and readjusting as we went. Something I too struggled with in the past that would have called for a drink... Not today! The house is a wreck but it was great to reconnect! I have all week to get the house put back to rights anyway, so it's all good!

Thanks for breakfast, Cowboy!
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"Alcohol ruined me financially and morally, broke my heart and the hearts of too many others. Even though it did this to me and it almost killed me and I haven’t touched a drop of it in seventeen years, sometimes I wonder if I could get away with drinking some now. I totally subscribe to the notion that alcoholism is a mental illness because thinking like that is clearly insane."

— Craig Ferguson

I can really relate to this quote, as the urge to have "just one" has been pretty strong and insistent lately. Part of my brain tells me that sure, I can moderate my drinking, but the other part is screaming "No you can't....you're an alcoholic!" Quite the battle at times, but so far I'm listening to the voice of reason.

Humbly asking for another 24 please.....

Comment

Thanks for the quote, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. I could almost hear Craig Ferguson saying it! I heard this Ferguson monologue about his turning point several years ago:

Craig Ferguson's Sobriety Story - YouTube He's a funny man but he knows the struggle from inside out!

24 more, please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

A bit cloudy this morning but warm, just get nicely started seeding, and we'll probably get rained out lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Thanks for taking care of the dishes Jude!

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                              Last edited by abcowboy; May 7, 2018, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Hi Café Peeps..
                                Great quote, Jude.. I love Craig Ferguson and that quote is right on. We shouldn't forget the misery drinking brought to our lives. I definitely have enough regrets.. don't need to add anymore.

I'm sorry I missed a few days of quotes last week.. It won't happen again.. and if it looks like I'm too busy or stressed to do it, I'll ask someone to take over.
                                Here's to 24 more af hours..

Comment

Working...
                                X