• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:41 am in Vegas another 24 please!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

57F and sunny.
      The quote hit home here too, Jude. Every now and then I think I could have a beer or two, and I probably could, and be just fine. Then one day, who knows maybe the first day, boom, I'd be drunk as a monkee. That's the scariest thing for me. So none for me thanks.
      Hope your well, LC, a hug from across the pond.
      24 more please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, I recall years ago having “guests” who criticized the condition of our house as it looked quite lived in. I commented that our boys would likely remember the times we spent with them rather than having us, Mrs QW especially, keeping the house spotless. It worked out well in the long run as our boys never gave us a bit of trouble. Besides, guests should be coming to see us and not the house.

I bet your grandkids had a blast with you! And who cares if it takes you all week to get the house back the way it was?

Hope everyone has a great af day!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wish I had more sunshine in my yard so I could plant some some tomatoes. Hubs who has passed Loved the trees so I will keep them. Can always buy veggies from the mom & pop stands locally.

Requesting another 24 Hrs for this country gal - Thanks

Rose

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
            I miss [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] as well as [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22328]PanhandleKim[/MENTION]. I hope one day some of these folks return and will see that we are keeping the light on for them!
            Hi Dill! I was looking around at some of the forums recently as I'm about to start taking my SMART facilitator training soon. Its forum based, so it got me thinking... where should I go say hi? So hi!

Sorry to have been gone so long, but life is very busy (and exciting!). I'm involved in ongoing aftercare (from a treatment program in 2015), SMART and taking a refresher program called SRT (Structured Relapse Prevention) which essentially summarizes the material of a much longer program into a bunch of sessions. Just like married couples go away for retreats, recovered alcoholics and addicts can always use a grounding once in a while as poor habits seems to come and invade if we aren't reminded once in a while. Heavily CBT/DBT based therapy programs.

SMART changed my life entirely and its time I can start giving back to what helped me entirely wipe away my grudges of AA, make friends, have a real life and participate in my and others recovery. I have healthy quality friendships now and a crew of us have setup a walk on a weekly basis. Another one of the people in our crew is going to set up a monthly "go out to eat in recovery" group. We are a bunch of like minded people that are taking ACTION very seriously. We all have very unique stories and cover the entire gammut of addiction. We are tackling one of the most commonly mentioned struggles in recovering alcoholics and addicts. What to do and how to start doing normal people things and activities. We have support and venues to host meetings and are working on the grass roots of what I hope to be a sober living lifestyle movement here locally.

I'll stop in from time to time and say hi! Check out SMART Recovery if you haven't heard of it. I don't believe that if you fail at one program, there is no hope. Options!

Wishing everyone a great 24
            "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

I might add. For once in my life post alcohol. I feel freedom. Life is not peachy keen, but acceptance of what is real is much better than struggling against the tide or against the river. I suppose I have filled in much of this...

Maslow's hierarchy of needs
              "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

45F and Sunny.
                Gotta fly, Dentist, then work.
                Hi Empy, glad you're well.
                24 more please.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 for me as well please, and thanks...

Another quick check in for me too! It's cloudy and cool so the farm boss wants to get started early to get the peas finished before it rains!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] abcowboy

Great to see you Empy! Sounds like you're doing great!

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

GMAE all! A bright 52f here in Jersey. Committing to another 24!
                    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                    Newbies Nest Roll Call
                    Toolbox
                    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

"There are people who put their dreams in a little box and say, "Yes, I've got dreams, of course I've got dreams." Then they put the box away and bring it out once in awhile to look in it, and yep, they're still there." Erma Bombeck

@QuitWining....After reading your post regarding the comments made by your guests about your house looking "lived in", I immediately thought of Irma Bombeck. Her humor made me laugh, and she often wrote of her children and the messes that they created. If I were you, I don't think that I'd have those "houseguests" back to visit anytime soon.

Good to see you Empy, glad that you're doing well!

Looking forward to another 24 hours and thank you!
                      Last edited by Jude58; May 8, 2018, 07:30 AM.

Comment

5:34 am in Vegas,another 24 please hi Empry!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings from one of the porch sisters :-)

24 More Hrs - a bit antsy but as the saying goes...This too shall pass

Rose

Comment

Hi Everyone!
                            It's almost 3pm here, warm and sunny.. happy to be done with work and in the middle of 24 af hours..
                            Empy, thanks for the link to smartrecovery! Glad to hear you doing well..
                            QW, I totally agree with you with regards to homes having a lived in state. Cozy!
                            Hope you all have a good day..xx

Comment

[MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION] (fellow porch sister) Quitting the booze is definitely a rollercoaster ride, but well worth going through in the end.
                              Last edited by Jude58; May 8, 2018, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, I haven’t thought of Erma Bombeck in ages. I loved her sense of humour. And no, we didn’t invite those people back. And, a year or so later, I had to excuse myself from a Youth Justice Committee hearing because it involved one of their kids!! I hope their “unlived in house” was worth it!

Hope everyone has a great af day!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X