~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Really good to see you [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION]! Thanks for popping in! Also, thanks for the links. I'll follow them later this afternoon when I get time. I am glad you are doing well.:happy2:

I too loved Erma Bombeck! She was a hoot!

Gorgeous day here both on the porch and off it! And, I got a call from the volunteer coordinator at the hospital saying she has an opening if I would like to rejoin the auxiliary. I'm really glad to be able to get back to it. I had to quit a while back when my son and grandkids suddenly and unexpectedly needed to come stay with us. I had to take care of family which I was glad to do, but it meant having to leave my volunteer gig. Anyway, things have smoothed out here and I have more free time once again.

24 more please.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Gosh...I so enjoy reading of others lives. It doesn't matter if one has a houseful of support Or by themselves. It's doable.

Rose

Comment

Howdy y’all! Sorry I haven’t been around much, but been busy with learning the functions of the controls/GPS/electronics in the new tractor and then long hours in the field! But I’m pretty confident in the auto-steer function so I can type out a post while seeding now.

Your quotes have been great [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Going to have one comment that covers a couple of them lol. My drinking normal dreams have been put in a box and set up on the shelf forever! I know when I got offered a drink I used to tell people that maybe I could have one or two today, maybe even tomorrow, but sooner rather than later that one would turn into 21, so I can't have 21 if I never have the first one. I don’t say that anymore because it isn’t true! One will always lead to 21 because I don’t drink to be social, I don’t drink for the taste, I drink for the buzz and the drunk! The last few times I thought about drinking I just wanted to get drunk. That will never change for me, so I don’t even entertain the thoughts of having just one.

As far as a spotless house, you’ve got to be kidding me! Having Hank is like having a houseful of kids lol. Toys everywhere, dog hair is a constant battle! Our house is neat and tidy, but far from spotless, and if people don’t like it, too bad. I’m just fine with the way things are and I’m not about to change to please somebody else.

I promise to be around a bit more now that I trust the tractor and the operator lol. Have a great one y’all, and remember, no quitting on your quit eh!

Last edited by abcowboy; May 9, 2018, 06:29 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

“Develop an Attitude of Gratitude. Say thank you to everyone you meet for everything they do for you."– Brian Tracy

That's some ride [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! It sounds like you are really enjoying the farming life, and I can't say that I blame you. I agree with you 100 % about never being able to have just one drink. I drank to get drunk. Period. I like a good wine, and always enjoyed that first glass, but after a few everything just started to taste like vinegar, so I would switch to the cheap box wine. I would usually throw in some vodka with each glass to get a quicker buzz, until I passed out. Sad days indeed.....

I have 3 dogs (long haired) and 3 cats which has the word "spotless" running scared. I sweep and vacuum everyday, but it's a losing battle. I love my animals dearly, and wouldn't trade them for a "picture perfect" house ever. To each his own I guess.

It's supposed to be a beautiful day here, sunny and near 80 degrees. Love it!

Another 24 please and thank you very much!
          Last edited by Jude58; May 9, 2018, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Ditto for me on the drinking to get drunk/pass out. I think long ago I maybe used to drink in a "controlled" way, not to the point of passing out, but definitely more than a normal person. I realize now that I never drank like a normal person. I pretended to.

24 more on this glorious day!
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Ya know what [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]? That Brian Tracy is a pretty smart fella! I am truly grateful for everyone here at the Club and Café! Thank y'all for being on this journey with me, for helping me when I'm struggling, and for being in my thoughts everyday!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:27 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

56F and sunny.
                  Thanks all!
                  24 more here please.

Comment

Pardon me if I ask and/or request 24 Hrs again. I get lost a Lot. Drove to grocery for a bag of ice. Paid for it & got home...with no ice. Forgot it.

It'll be there tomorrow. Was really wanting to fix a strawberry pie. My ice maker doesn't work.

Rose

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My little buddy and I are bagged after a long walk this morning in cool temperatures. Hopefully it’ll be warmer tomorrow.

Tribal, sounds like you had one of my senior’s moments! I do stuff like that quite often. I have a license plate on my Jeep that says Of all the things I’ve lost I miss my mind the most!

Hope everyone remembered to have a great af day!!!

QW
                      Last edited by Quit wining; May 9, 2018, 05:40 PM.
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW..Indeed I forget the basics. But it's OK because I kind of giggle about it :-) Once I make my way back home and start yet another list I kind of know all is gonna be OK.

Rose

Comment

Tribal, one day I walked into a hardware store owned by a friend of mine. He greeted me and asked if he could help me.

I told him I had a list. He said “ Great, let me have it and we’ll get started.”

I replied that the first thing he could help me with was to find the list!!

QW
                          Last edited by Quit wining; May 9, 2018, 06:28 PM.
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW - I know one thing...sticky notes rule my world. I try to put reminders in my phone but I can't remember where they are. I just laugh. Then I wander around trying to figure things out. So independent. I am I am. It gets frustrating - Trying not to jump into the future and imagine myself being able to live without the booze. Long timers have my utmost appreciation. Skipping back/forth is hard. Sometimes I wonder about simple things. Retraining my mind is what I learned from Rehab. Whatever it takes I'm willing.

Rose

Comment

“The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.” ~ Anthony Robbins

So many years that I put off that journey, unwilling to change, and remaining stagnant in my little booze filled world. Can't believe how much my life has changed since giving up AL, and I truly never want to go back to that existence. Thank you all for your encouragement and support!

60 degrees and raining this morning. (good thing that the porch is covered) The rain never stopped the birds from singing though, and I guess that there's a lesson there.

Another 24 please for myself and for anyone else that needs it.

Comment

Loved the quote, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! So true! Anything is possible if you are willing to try. And I envy you your covered porch. Is it screened as well? My deck has no cover, but it does have lots of shade, and we bought a really large umbrella too that is good enough cover for our long picnic table. So it is possible to sit out there in a gentle rain.

Originally posted by TribalRose
                                Retraining my mind is what I learned from Rehab. Whatever it takes I'm willing.
                                I read this and at first reading I missed the second 'r' in 'retraining'. So I read it as "Retaining my mind" which I could really relate to! LOL!!

24 more please.
                                Last edited by dill; May 10, 2018, 06:12 AM.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X