~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

That sounds like a great place to volunteer your time.. café's are great for the interaction with others, aren't they? How nice that you were so warmly welcomed back.. do you live in a small town?
    I painted a light bluish-grey colour.. it's called "borrowed light" and it has really brightened up my kitchen.. which is in itself a bit dark. Tomorrow I will have a friend help me move a cupboard so I can paint the last wall..then I think I'll paint the arch that frames the window a dusty light rose colour.. somehow my whole flat is pastels. The colours are calming to me..:happy2:
    Last edited by lifechange; May 12, 2018, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Yes, I do live in a very small town, LC. Actually we are just outside the village limits on our little farm. The hospital is in a larger town 7 miles away, but still relatively small if that makes any sense to you.

Your colors sound lovely! My kitchen is a dark forest green but I have loads of light in that room so it works well.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I don't know if I live on the prairie Or in the woods. It'a peaceful. Homes are Far apart yet we know each other.

Rose

Comment

It's 9am and a gorgous, sunny day here.. I'm in a bit of a rush now that I spent ages posting in the Nest :happy2:! but I wanted to wish you all a lovely Sunday and Mother's Day.. I was thinking earlier that all of us have been/are care giver's in some way.. whether it's with human kids, animal kids, people we help through volunteering or even at work, our partners.. often to ourselves!! So happy day to all of you lovely Women!
          Here's to 24 more af hours for us all..
          xx

Comment

“When a new day begins, dare to smile gratefully. When there is darkness, dare to be the first to shine a light. When there is injustice, dare to be the first to condemn it. When something seems difficult, dare to do it anyway. When life seems to beat you down, dare to fight back. When there seems to be no hope, dare to find some. When you’re feeling tired, dare to keep going. When times are tough, dare to be tougher. When love hurts you, dare to love again. When someone is hurting, dare to help them heal. When another is lost, dare to help them find the way. When a friend falls, dare to be the first to extend a hand. When you cross paths with another, dare to make them smile. When you feel great, dare to help someone else feel great too. When the day has ended, dare to feel as you’ve done your best. Dare to be the best you can – At all times, Dare to be!” - Steve Maraboli

5:55am in Alberta, 24 for me and anyone else who wants them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful ladies here! Got a bit of breakfast done up for everyone, enjoy!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

47 degrees here in N.Y. with sunshine and a high of 70 today. I slept in today so not much happening on the porch this morning!

Nice quote cowboy! Taking positive chances is one of the many ways that we can improve our lives!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much.

Happy Mother's Day!

Comment

6:06 am in Vegas,another 24 please! Happy Mother's day to all the moms
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote Cowboy!!

Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms here. And for those of us whose Moms are no longer with us, take a few minutes to remember all they did for us. Miss you Mom!

QW
                    Last edited by Quit wining; May 13, 2018, 09:22 AM.
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I loved the quote for today and I am vowing to take those dares. I don't know if I could manage all of them each and every day, but I am going to try to aim for some of them each day. Mother's always preach to their kids not to take dares, but I don't see how you could go wrong taking those! BTW, the pancake lady looks just exactly like me, except for the bloodshot eyes! LOL

24 more, please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Morning, Café Peeps! Today is a day I wish I could meet you all in person.. I've taken the day off work and have lots of time to hang out! I'll be meeting my best girlfriends for lunch, which is nice..
                        Dill, you are so lucky to have a bright kitchen! And to live on a farm!
                        QW, thought of you yesterday as I walked 12km with a friend and her doggie.. we walked to a lake, had a picnic, walked around the lake, went for a swim and headed back.. we were all beat, but what a nice day!
                        So nice you were able to sleep in, Jude! I'm jealous.. for some reason I've been averaging about 6 hours a night, which is nowhere near enough for me. Maybe tonight!
                        AB, thanks for the great quote and yummy pancakes yesterday..
                        Hi Pauly and Mr. V!
                        Here's to 24 more af hours for us all..xx

Comment

65F and sunny, another hot one today.
                          Missed checking in yesterday, out of town for Mother's Day. Happy belated Mother's day to all you mothers!
                          Your quote, Cowboy, reminded me of of a saying my own mother had hanging above her kitchen sink for years;

24 more please

Comment

"Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your Creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday." - Og Mandino

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

We've been having beautiful weather for seeding, but it's been so windy it's actually drying things out too much! Could use about a 1/2" of rain. 2715/6735 acres done!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                            Last edited by abcowboy; May 14, 2018, 06:44 AM.

Comment

55 degrees and partly sunny this am, with a high of 75 today.

Loved the quote cowboy....things always seem to circle back to being grateful! Looks like you have a lot of planting still to do...hope that you get some rain soon!

Looking forward to another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:48 am in Vegas,another 24 plesse,sounds like everyone had a nice weekend,yay!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X