Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Its a beautiful sunny and warm day here. My little buddy thought 5:30 would be a good time to walk! Nope. Made her wait for an hour. We met 2 friends walking their border collies and had a great visit. The dogs look like they could be litter mates!

As Cowboy says, Its a darn good day not to drink.

QW
    Last edited by Quit wining; May 14, 2018, 02:53 PM.
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Late check in for me. I hope you had a nice day off, LC! Thanks for the good quote, cowboy. I'm a big fan of Og Mandino! Mr. V, thanks for sharing the saying your mom had in her kitchen. She was a wise lady!
      Hey Jude, Rose, QW, Pauly and all who check in!

24 more, please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

8:00 am and the sun is shining.. I've got a huge to-do list and am rearing myself up to do everything.. let's see what actually gets done!:happy2:
        Wishing you all a nice day.
        Here's to 24 more af hours for all of us!

Comment

6:20 am and it's already 71F. Hot again. We had a record high yesterday, officially 90F, but it was 93 at my house. August temps. And the pool's not open yet, lol!
          The late spring blooms, which usually last a few weeks, are only making it a few days.
          24 more please.

Comment

Good Morning all! 60 degrees here with intermittent rain expected today.

Where'd ya go Rose? Dill and I need our porch sister back!

Mr. V.....I'd suggest that you get your pool opened up real soon. 90 degrees...Yikes!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much.

Comment

”Right now I am trying to be in a place of calm, a place where I can chill out and then handle the chaos of life better. You don't just get it overnight; you have to work at it.” - Jackee Harry

5:50am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:24 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I agree with Jude, [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION]. We need our porch buddy back! Speaking of the porch tho, mine was kind of quiet this morning. The birds weren't exactly silent, but they were definitely muted. I don't think they like the heat we're experiencing here either, [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! I watched one splashing around in a puddle last evening after a cloudburst here. I think maybe I should get a bird swimming pool up and running!:happy2:

Loved the quote, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. A place of calm starts from within but I think it's easier to find when out in nature. I bet your seeding job is very meditative. :happy2:

Missing [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION]. Hope he stops in.

Hi [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I can't believe I'm saying this, but I have really liked this season of FTWD! Better character development and better story lines. Have you been watching it at all?

24 more please and thank you.
                  Last edited by dill; May 15, 2018, 08:14 AM.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I walked my little buddy at 6:30 this morning in beautiful sunny weather. It’s going to be another hot one today, 35C , 95F yesterday.

As we were crossing a street today, a car driven by a driver I assume was distracted, came within a few inches of hitting us. If I hadn’t jumped out of the way we would have been hit. I wonder if my reactions would have been that good were I hung over! Probably not.

Hope everyone has a great af day!

QW
                    Last edited by Quit wining; May 15, 2018, 09:36 AM.
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Oh Ya'll sound so busy. I s'pose I am Too with the X-tra house friends. Loads of Fun and keeping things in order between them. Not hard really. I just turn the music channel up on and eventually they settle down. Nice to read as much as I can here. Makes a huge difference.

Rose

Comment

6:15 am with a boat load of fog! Once it burns off though it's supposed to be a beautiful sunny day with temps in the upper 70's.

Happy Wednesday all, and humbly asking for another 24 please!

Comment

"What you put into the process of freeing your mind and life from stress, you will get out of it. Change is not easy. Yet it doesn't have to be difficult."
                          - Iyanla Vanzant

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

All I can say is that it's a darn good thing I don't drink! Had a huge bad day yesterday, through nothing but sheer stupidity on my part we had a major breakdown. Long story short, I got myself in a tight squeeze with the air drill, tried to back it out, and tore the hitch off the air cart! Probably about $2000 to repair it, but the money isn't that big of deal, it's the down time from seeding that hurts.

It was 28C (88F) yesterday and there we were taking off all the damaged parts. The farm boss did a quick trip into town to get new parts, and we had it mostly back together by 5 in the afternoon. The big problem is the hitch, no one has one, and the manufacturer doesn't stock one, and it would take them 3 days to build one and send it to us. Our local welding shop said to bring the pieces in and they would work as quick as possible to have a new one built and ready to pick up by mid-afternoon today!

All I could think of was how happy I am that I don't drink anymore. One can only guess how drunk I'd still be! But throughout the day I only thought about how to get things back up and running. Through all the stress and heat, I knew that drinking would only make it worse. And I was grateful, looked at how it could have been much worse. There is always something good in the bad things that happen if we have an attitude of gratitude.

Stress, anxiety, and anger used to be perfect reasons to drink, but now I can handle those things without drinking, and they are much easier to handle! Just another reason that quitting drinking was the best things I did!

Comment

5:34 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

24 more please

Comment

Working...
                                X