~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I agree 100% with you, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! It's a darn good thing you don't drink. Sorry you had such a bad day yesterday, but I'm really glad you were able to deal with it soberly it and move on! :hug: Thanks again for another good quote. I don't know how you are finding the time what with all the planting duties right now. Appreciated.

It's cloudy and cool here. A great day not to drink! 24 more, please.
    Last edited by dill; May 16, 2018, 01:11 PM.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My walking routine was disrupted so I could have some tests done at the hospital. Should have the results by Friday.

Its another sunny, hot day here. So glad that our nasty winter is just a bad memory!

I was thinking about the driver of the car that almost hit us yesterday morning. I assumed he was distracted but it occured to me that he might have been under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Maybe I should have called police. Anyway, I’m thankful we got out of the way.

Cowboy, hope the equipment got repaired satisfactorily. Having downtime when you’re busy is so frustrating!

Hope everyone is enjoying an af day!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Cowboy....hope that you're having a better day than yesterday. At least you didn't drink. Things would have been so much worse if you had. :eek-new:

Comment

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], whether the driver was impaired or just a rotten driver....I am just glad you had the reflexes to get out of the way in time! I would bet tho that the driver was impaired in some way. I hope your test results come out well. I'll have my fingers crossed.

I woke this morning to the sound of a distant siren, or so I thought. As I continued to listen the sound changed slightly and I realized it was a pack of yipping coyotes. It was ever so faint and didn't even last a minute. The birds were starting at about the same time. I heard it all thru my OPEN bedroom window. So glad winter has let us go!

24 hours please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:15 am and the peepers have been going strong, but soon their voices will be replaced by others, but that's O.K. The sounds of nature are all welcome and soothing to me. Supposed to be a beauty today....75 and sunny!

Asking for another 24 please.
            Last edited by Jude58; May 17, 2018, 05:29 AM.

Comment

GMAE all! Been a bit off schedule lately (completely absorbed by a video game of all things!) but remained committed to being a non-drinker. Rained all day yesterday, looks like more of the same today. Dark and gloomy Thursday morning, 58f and rain. Have to head into NYC this morning. At least this part of my commuting is only once a month now instead of once a week. Committing to another 24! Plenty to catch up on the thread.
              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
              Newbies Nest Roll Call
              Toolbox
              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

66F and partly sunny, thunderstorms all day yesterday, maybe more today.
                Busy with work and other things.
                Not a good week, a former colleague and friend died of desperation Tuesday, he killed him self. Tragic, even more so for his 13 year old daughter.
                So many impaired drivers around here, most high on heroin or other opioids.
                Such desperation out there, glad to off the hamster wheel myself.
                Sorry to be so down today.
                24 more here.

Comment

"Everybody has at least a few areas in their thinking and some attitudes that need to change. If you want to improve your life, you need to go after those areas."
                  - John Maxwell

5:50am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Cloudy and cool here this morning. Got back up and running yesterday by 4, hopefully we'll get some rain out of these clouds even though we missed almost 2 days of seeding.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Last edited by abcowboy; May 17, 2018, 10:59 AM.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:29 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mr. V., so sorry to hear about your friend. Very sad indeed..:hug:
                      Here's to another 24 af hours for all of us, please.

Comment

24 hrs is Heaven. Thanks. Logging some days in over here

Rose

Comment

Well, the equipment seems to be running fine, the local welder did an amazing job on the new hitch so it’s back to the steady grind of round and round then back and forth lol.

You know [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I would be lost if I didn’t check in here every morning! I purposely get up half an hour earlier to read and post, just a part of my plan to stay sober.

And if my memory serves me right, I think [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION] is celebrating one month of freedom today! Congratulations are in order if I’m correct on the date!

Sorry to hear about your friend [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], death in itself is hard to handle and even more difficult when it’s a suicide. Hopefully the daughter won’t suffer any long-term effects from such a tragic event.

Yep [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], yesterday went a lot better than the previous day lol. It’s amazing how things can happen and we think that booze is the solution, when it really only makes the situation worse.

Good to see you [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], not much into video games anymore, but there was a time that I could spend hours playing Command and Conquer! I do tend to get caught up in a good book and forget about things going on around me!

Best pay attention to the field in front of me otherwise I’ll end up in a pickle like I did the other day! Have a great one y’all, and never ever quit on your quit!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yes abcowboy - One month. Don't want to venture out but that's normal for me. Missed my Vivitrol shot because I just didn't want to go. Home is where I feel comfortable.

Rose

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Had a nice visit and lunch with friends from Montreal today.

Cowboy, several years ago I worked for a company that sold and serviced mining shovels. I fielded a call one day from a maintenance foreman asking if the part they ordered which was to be delivered the following week could be delivered immediately. The reason? The part on the shovel failed and downtime cost them $3,000 per minute! We arranged to have the part removed from the truck it was on and flown to the clients location. The cost of $10,000 was peanuts compared to what downtime was costing!

Hope everyone is having/had a great af Thursday.

QW
                              Last edited by Quit wining; May 17, 2018, 09:40 PM.
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Raining something awful here. I knew I should have mowed the pups yard yesterday. Will have to wait now. My dogs are 10 years old but they are pups in My eyes. The rescue pup is 6 YO and rules the house. Ha ! Will go get calibrated tomorrow. Looking forward to having the interlock removed next month. It has served it's purpose.

Rose

Comment

Working...
                                X