~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

As I was sitting out on my back porch this morning I could hear two gobblers talking to each other, and I suspect that the conversation was a heated one. Supposed to be 70 degrees today and partly sunny, but rain for the weekend.

I was sorry to hear about your friend [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]. Suicide is such a hard thing to deal with, and even harder to understand. Depressed people are usually in a state of extreme mental anguish, and sometimes ending it all is the only way that they can stop the pain. (or so they think) Hope that you are feeling a little less down, and focusing on all of the positives in your life.

Hope that everyone is doing well. [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], you sure have been busy lately, but it sounds as though you love that type of work!

I'll take another 24 please, and thank you very much!

Comment

67F, overcast. Rain expected.
      Need to assemble a new grill today, hooe to get it done before it rains.
      Congrats on 30 Days, Rose!
      24 more please.

Comment

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], Too bad for those gobblers having to start the day in a snit! LOL! They obviously did not see Cowboy's quote of the day about being in a place of calm and chilling out!

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], I too am so sorry to hear of your friend/colleague. :hug: What a terrible tragedy/loss. We recently lost an old friend/neighbor in the same manner so I know what you must be going thru. My prayers are with you and the family of the victim.

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], so glad to see you!

[MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION], we have one "pup" who is seven years old. She brings so much pleasure to our lives! Oh, of course she is a lot of work and can cause havoc from time to time, but that's what makes her human! I am really glad to hear you will be getting the device taken off you steering wheel soon. :welldoneI must have read that on another thread.) That will be such a burden lifted and a huge step forward for you. Congrats on your month!

Cloudy and cool here. Peaceful and calm. 24 more, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"Don't be the person who passes up an opportunity to take positive action for their life. Be the kind of person who integrates positive change in their life. Be the kind of person who inspires others with their positive changes. Be the kind of person who takes charge of their life now."
          - Sonia Weyers

5:40am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

6F (44F) this morning, a bit of ground fog, but clear blue skies overhead. Going to be another nice day!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

63f at just before 8 in the morning here in Jersey and the clouds are obscuring the sky, rain expected tonight. Committing to another 24!

Congrats on a full month [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION]!:welldone:

So sorry to hear about your friend [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]. I hope his family and friends get the help they need to cope from each other and from the available resources.:hug:
            Last edited by Orimus; May 18, 2018, 07:01 AM.
            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
            Newbies Nest Roll Call
            Toolbox
            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

5:31 am in Vegas,another 24 sorry about your friend Mr.V
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Well [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], I must really enjoy it because I sure don’t do it for the money or long hours lol. But in all honesty, I do love farming but I also enjoy helping the neighbour’s out!

The whole trick to this is just what you’re doing [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION], don’t put yourself in situations where the cravings could be stronger than your resolve.

You going to do the crazy man thing [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] and try the grill assembly without the instructions lol. If you are, be sure to keep those instructions nearby, just in case!

You know [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], the companies that go above and beyond to help out the customer are getting fewer and further between. I know when our local Ford dealership went out of their way to get my truck fixed and back on the road in 2 days I went back there the very next day with 3 dozen Tim Horton’s donuts, 2 dozen for the mechanic shop, and a dozen for the parts department. When you get service like that, it’s nice to show appreciation for it!

Thanks [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!

Guess that about covers my ramblings for the day, so I’ll leave y’all with a farming song. It really does show the state of the family farm all across the countries.

And remember, just because it’s the weekend doesn’t mean it’s a reason to drink!
                Last edited by abcowboy; May 18, 2018, 03:22 PM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

24 more af hours, please!! for all of us..

Comment

Great song Cowboy. I saw Danny Hooper perfom years ago, great showman.

When I arranged for the needed part for the mining shovel to be flown to Edmonton from the US, I called the customs broker to let them know this was a priority item and if they would please let me know as soon as the plane landed. They did. I called the client and told them the approximate time the part would be available for pick up. They had a truck waiting at the customs broker’s office and took delivery of the part as soon as it had been cleared.
                    Two days later I called the maintenance supervisor to make sure everything was OK with the part and to thank him for his business. He was stunned. In over 20 years dealing with my employer and other suppliers no one had ever called him to see if a part was OK or to say thanks.
                    What did it cost me and my company? 15 minutes of my time and a long distance phone call.
                    The maintenance supervisor called my boss’ boss a few days later and told him how impressed he was with our new customer service policy!

Customer service isn't a department, it’s an attitude. And the businesses who recognize they are in a people business, regardless of what they sell or do, are the ones that will thrive and always get my support.

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Twenty four hours is My blessing. Learning how to live is good. This is HARD.

Rose

Comment

Nobody says it’s easy Rose, but they all say it’s worth it, and I couldn’t agree with them more!

Comment

Rainy, cool and windy on the back porch today. I heard what sounded like a sick turkey hen this morning, then realized that it was a hunter trying to call in the gobblers. I think that he might want to work on perfecting his turkey calls, but at least he's out there trying.

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

“We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here NOW with the power to shape your day and your future.”
                            - Steve Maraboli

5:15am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

The porch was wet from last night's rain so I had to rely on the open windows this morning to hear the sounds of nature. Nothing remarkable to hear this morning. However the sound of the birds brought me peace and joy.:happy2:

Thanks for a week of great quotes, cowboy. Today's was spot on! The song yesterday was very descriptive of what's happening to the family farms. It brought a tear.

24 more please and thank you.
                              Last edited by dill; May 19, 2018, 06:59 AM.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

67F with rain.
                                Didn't get the grill assembled yesterday, too much rain. Had nothing to do with the directions, lol.
                                Super long day at work today, so the grill will have to wait until tomorrow.
                                24 more please.

Comment

Working...
                                X