Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Had an early, enjoyable meander with my little buddy this morning. Sunshine and temps in the mid-20’s later on means barbecued steak for supper!

Hang in there Rose and don’t hesitate to lean on your buddies here!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

You folks are so helpful. My meds are good too

Rose

Comment

Visited the chatbox. Nobody is there. It's all good though. We all started somewhere Right ?

Rose

Comment

So Rose, you drank, well we all did. It’s done and over, now we just got to figure out how to prevent it from happening again. Normally I would go into a big long speech about wanting to be sober more than you want to drink and that we can’t do this for you, you have to do the work, but I’m holding all those comments for future reference.

I did bump up a thread I started a while back about relapse prevention, go to the beginning and have a read through, you may find some of the stuff helpful.

And here is a link to a free, downloadable workbook. A much better way to spend your idle time other thank letting drinking thoughts take over lol

Be Ready To Succeed | The Relapse Prevention Plan
          Last edited by abcowboy; May 21, 2018, 06:36 AM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Chilly on the back porch this morning (45 degrees) but I did stay out there long enough to hear a few peepers and the creek chattering. Always a good way to start the day!

Hope that you are hanging in there Rose. No one said this would be easy, but if you can get through the rough times, the rewards are so worth it!

Here's to another 24 hours please and thank you very much!

Comment

Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keeps friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment. ~ Grenville Kleiser

I am generally good-natured and even-tempered but one thing I have had to work at a bit is having fun. I tend to be serious and find that having fun, laughing, etc. are something I have to make an effort at. But I do it anyway. It is important and laughter is a tonic. Looking back, I think one of the reasons I drank was because relaxing and letting go and having fun was just difficult for me. Drinking, in the beginning, was a way to do that. Of course, over time it lost that aspect as I drank more and more and it became an activity that isolated me and made me even more somber. And then of course I'd just drink till I passed out. Not much fun in that!

Here's to 24 hours. Try to find something to have a laugh about today everyone.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 hours please, and thanks...

A beautiful blue sky out there this morning and hot temps forecast for this week! (But we could still use a bit of rain Big Guy)

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Loved the quotes [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], yesterday's about optimism is a good one, I remember a time when I was a glass half empty kinda guy, now I'm a leave the glass empty kinda guy lol.

Fun and humour are things I've always been involved in, course I was the class clown in school and that has carried with me throughout life. There's always something to laugh about if we let ourselves enjoy those moments without clouding them... I'm sure I'll have more than one laugh today over something stupid that I pull off!
                  Last edited by abcowboy; May 21, 2018, 06:57 AM.

Comment

5:30 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Not quite 9:30, the dog has been walked and the grass cut. Nice start to the day!

Hope everyone has a great af day!

Rose, thinking about you, hope you’re OK.

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Me too. Another 24 hrs.

Rose

Comment

Thunder boomers here. I watch out for the falling tree limbs. Sheesh ! One would think a monster was on top of this house.

Comment

Somebodys dog got loose in the neighborhood. Ended up here with me. Bit my leg...still gave him water. Owners showed up.

Rose

Comment

My dogs are very small. This dog was HUGE. Happy he's home where he belongs.

Comment

I think we all have blocks between us and the best version of ourselves, whether it's shyness, insecurity, anxiety, whether it's a physical block, and the story of a person overcoming that block to their best self. It's truly inspiring because I think all of us are engaged in that every day. ~ Tom Hooper

We had a big old thunderstorm here last night. This morning everything is soaked, including the deck! Most of the locust blossoms were rained out of the trees and landed on the deck. Reminded me of snow! LOL But it's cool and fresh and the birds are singing, so all is right with my world!

[MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION], it sounds like you had quite a busy evening!

24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X