Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

56F and sunny, another great one today!
    Rode 24 mile on the bike yesterday, and pushed it pretty hard. Feel like I've been hit by Cowboy's tractor this morning, lol.
    24 more please.

Comment

GMAE all! 67f on it's way to 82f here in Jersey on a bright, shining day. Committing to another 24!
      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
      Newbies Nest Roll Call
      Toolbox
      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Hot already this morning, so going to be even hotter by mid-day! I'll finish my plumbing rough-in this morning then head back to the tractor. Someone please send us some rain!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I've always liked that quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], the positive attitude of just one person can be so infectious, and the same can be said for a smile, so smile at someone today and help make their day!

I think the trip home will be good for you [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], this time it's all about remembering the good times! You've got an inner strength that will carry you through anything, just reach inside and use it. If things get going sideways, you know we're here for you! :hug: :happy2:
          Last edited by abcowboy; May 24, 2018, 07:18 AM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:22 am in Vegas,another 24 please and thanks Cowboy
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another sunny, hot day. My little buddy and I were back from our walk by 7, before it got too warm.

Hope everyone is having/had a great af day!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Growth is painful. Change is painful. But, nothing is as painful as staying stuck where you do not belong.
                  ~N. R. Narayana Murthy

I don't think change and growth are always so much "painful" as just plain "difficult", but the essence of the quote is spot on! Sometimes continuing where you are is the most painful option. I know that for a fact!

24 for me too, please.

Another nice cool morning! I am going to sit outside a while and see if the cliff swallows are still here. I saw one on the nest yesterday but this morning, not sign of them. Hmmm. I hope they are successful in raising their clutch. At this point I'm not even sure if there are eggs, or young in the nest. I'll keep you posted!
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

56F and sunny, yes, another nice one.
                    Change is hard, but oh so necessary. Happy not to be stuck in the cycle I was a year ago.
                    24 more please.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Still hot and dry here! Since we're just about finished seeding, we're hoping the rain holds off now until we're done then it can rain all it wants! 5915/6735 acres dusted, less than 1000 acres to go!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

GMAE all! 70f on the way to 88f and the sun is bright. Committing to another 24!
                        “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                        Newbies Nest Roll Call
                        Toolbox
                        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

5:18 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Change - the only constant I’ve found! Like so much else in life, how you deal with it will determine your outcome, imho.

Another early start to the day with a 6am walk with my little buddy followed by cutting the lawn and running the weed eater around the yard. It’s to be another warm day here. Glad the outside chores are done.

Hope everyone has a great af day!!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Off to the farmer's market on this beautiful day!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product.
                                ~Eleanor Roosevelt

An early morning trip to the farmer's market sounds like good fun, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. It's by-product will be happiness.

Being AF is natural for some, but for others it is an effort. The effort and therefore achievement of that goal will bring happiness and contentment. Maybe not right away, but in the long run!

24 more please.
                                Last edited by dill; May 26, 2018, 05:27 AM.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X