• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

“Everyone tells a story about who they are in their own head. That story defines you, dictating all your actions and all your mistakes. If your own story is filled with guilt and fear and self-hatred, life can look pretty miserable. But, if you're very lucky, you might have a person who tells you a better story, one that takes up residence in your soul, speaking louder than the woeful tale of which you've convinced yourself. If you let it speak loudly within your heart, it becomes your passion and your purpose. And this is a good thing, the best of things. Because it is the very definition of love, nothing less.”
      ― Mia Sheridan, Leo

GMAE all! 68f here in Jersey and a gray start to this short work week 7:20 am and I'm committing to another 24!
      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
      Newbies Nest Roll Call
      Toolbox
      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

6:25am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

A little shower overnight, but the clouds are hanging around! Maybe, just maybe....

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

What the world needs is more neighbour's like you [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! I was raised in the belief that we should help each other in any way we can. I know that times and attitudes change, and it can be downright scary to think of helping someone you don't know, but I still pick up the occasional hitchhiker, stop and change a flat tire for someone stranded on the side of the road, etc. The satisfaction of knowing that I helped someone in some small way is payment enough. And what about those Golden Knights? History in the making??

When I read your quote this morning [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], it brought to mind my days in AA. As I sat and listened to the stories of successful quits, I wanted what they had! I think at that stage of my attempts to quit, I was still in a bit of denial about my drinking problem. But as I listened to those old timers, and the people here on MWO, more and more I wanted what they had. It was then that I realized in my own head that I had a problem that would be lifelong, that it was up to me to do something about it. I knew I could have what they had, freedom from alcohol, freedom to be the person I wanted to be! We all have that choice, and that opportunity!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Checking in from the coffee shop! Asking for 24 please and thank you.
            Last edited by dill; May 29, 2018, 08:14 AM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

70F with a heavy overcast. Tropical storm Alberto will be moving through later today and tomorrow with lots of rain.
              I'm liking the quotes so far this week, Ori. Thanks
              Busy week.
              24 more, please

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Hope all of our east coast friends are safe from Alberto. Is it just me or are storms becoming more frequent and severe?

Off to see my doc tomorrow to find out if i’m OK to start a new book and buy green bananas!

Hope everyone has a great af day/evening.

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

hot summer day on tap. Going horseback riding with a friend this morning and really looking forward to it! It's my way of unloading stress.

I'll take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

75F with heavy overcast, rain today.
                    24 more please.

Comment

On the way home from the coffee shop yesterday I made a bad choice and bought some wine. Nothing has changed. I still can't stop at two. Lucky for me I live in a dry township and going out to get more would have been a long drive. Thankfully I knew better than that at least.

Humbly asking for 24.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:35am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

It's cool and raining!!!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Have a great ride [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! My cousin's husband asked me to come out and put some miles on a couple of colts he's working with. They live about 45 minutes from us and I think I'll make the drive and spend a day on horseback after the rain quits! Our neighbour dropped off the 3 horses in our yard the other day, so we have the grass mower's back for another year lol. Guess I'd best get the stock waterer flowing, even though we have a dugout full of water, I like the horses to be able to drink our treated well water.

Funny how we always have to check to see if maybe a bit of time away from booze cured us [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. I did the same thing, so many times! Kept telling myself that this time would be different, I'd be able to stop when I wanted to. And the odd time I could, the very odd time. It just makes more sense to quit altogether than worry about being able to stop at one or two. That pull from the wine, beer, or spirits is so strong, it puts crazy thoughts in our head like maybe we can one day be a normal drinker again, but we know that's not in the cards for us. Time to start again with a firmer resolve that being sober is the best option for all of us.
                          Last edited by abcowboy; May 30, 2018, 07:51 AM.

Comment

“All personal breakthroughs begin with a change in beliefs.” ― Anthony Robbins

GMAE all! 70f at 11 am here in Jersey and filtered light is falling through a canopy of clouds. Committing to another 24!

Changes in Storms | National Climate Assessment
                            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                            Newbies Nest Roll Call
                            Toolbox
                            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My doc says I can start a new book and buying green bananas is OK!

Dill, glad you came right back to your friends here. I cant think of anyone who hasn't had a case of the feckits and decided to try a drink or two. As we know, sadly, its seldom just 1 or 2 drinks and bad habits return quickly. We’re here for you, anytime.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Well, it was pretty much a wasted day for me. I felt like crap pretty much all day. No surprise there. And the madness of this disease is that once I started feeling human again around 4:00pm I started craving a drink! The cycle would be so easily fallen into all over again. It's scary! Luckily I had poured out what was left in that bottle this morning when I was feeling so rotten, remorseful, and ashamed. I'm glad to be getting back on track. I'll see you all tomorrow. Thanks for being here. You all help me so much!
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X