• Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I came to visit Mr V!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :yay:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]....I hope that you're feeling better today. I think that most of us here yearn to be a "normal" drinker, but we all know that will never happen. We're just wired differently than most people. Well, you tried to drink moderately, and that didn't work out so well for you. All that we can do is move on and learn from our mistakes. Thank you for being so honest with us. It will help you in the long run.

Had an awesome ride yesterday, and kicking myself for not taking my camera as the views were spectacular! [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]....you should definitely spend a day in the saddle; it's good for the soul! :horse:

Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

70F with light overcast, muggy.
        Glad you're well, QW!. Took me a minute to get the reference, lol. I'm slow sometimes.
        The horseback riding sounds great, have not been on one in years, I need to think about changing that.
        Interesting storm data, Ori.
        Thanks for the visit, Nora! Give a hug to all in your parts!
        Glad you're still right here, Dill. Just wondering what might have triggered you the other morning.
        Sad day yesterday, we said goodbye to our 18 year old dog. I already miss her. Drinking thoughts did cross my mind, but I knew I would not stop at one or two.
        Wishing peace to all of you.
        24 more please.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

3/10's of rain yesterday, need more, and it's supposed to come over the next 3 days!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Gratefully hangover free and happy to be here with you all. I watched a ruby throated hummingbird this morning feeding from the pink petunias on my deck. Thought of you all, of course!
            [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard that must have been. As you so wisely know, drinking would not have helped. You would have the feelings of loss, plus a hangover the next day!

Glad you enjoyed your horseback riding, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! It sounds like it recharged your batteries!

Thanks to all for words of encouragement, and your patience!

Humbly asking for another 24.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks for stopping by [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]! I usually get over to the Steppers hangout daily, but mostly just read the going's on over there.

Okay QDub and Mr V, I know my brain isn't what it used to be and I still haven't caught the inside joke!

Sorry to hear about your 4 legged buddy Mr V, I'm trying to prepare myself for the day when Hank crosses that rainbow bridge....

Yep Jude, definitely going to have to spend a day or two in the saddle! Sounds like you had a fantastic time!

Speaking of riding, great to have you back in the saddle Dill!

Your quote yesterday hit home to me Ori, my biggest downfall is that I had no faith in myself, I didn't believe I could get and stay sober! We can move mountains if we just believe in ourselves!
              Last edited by abcowboy; May 31, 2018, 07:04 AM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Mr. V So sorry about your loss.

Congratulations on 365 days of 24 more hours. :goodjob:
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

“If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.”
                  ― Bruce Lee

GMAE all! Room temps here in Jersey at 9:43 am and the clouds are circling the wagons. Committing to another 24!
                  “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                  Newbies Nest Roll Call
                  Toolbox
                  Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mr V, so sorry for your loss. Dogs aren’t our whole lives but they make our lives whole! And as tough as it is saying goodbye, there are, thankfully, so many happy memories. 18 years for a dog is amazing!

Cowboy, in saying I can start a new book and buy green bananas implies that there is no medical reason why I won’t be able to finish the book and I’ll live long enough to eat the ripened bananas!! The first time I used that line on a doctor, she laughed, slapped me on the shoulder and told me to quit wasting her time!!

Have a great af day everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good Friday morning all! Hope that it's an AF day for everyone.

Mr. V I'm am so sorry about the loss of your pup. Eighteen years is pretty long lived for a dog, and it's never easy to say goodbye....they really do become a part of the family.

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Cloudy and cool, I like it! For now lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink eh Mr V!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; June 1, 2018, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Today is a special day in the Café and Club, actually all across the boards in this home we call MWO. Today our own [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] celebrates his one year of sobriety! Now, I don't want him as ornery as this fellow

and I'd like to keep the Café standing, so I figured I'd best whip up a cake!

As you can see, my cake baking skills are no where near those of [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], but I'm sure she'll be around with one of her special creations!

CONGRATULATIONS MR V!
                          Last edited by abcowboy; June 1, 2018, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Cake! I got cake, yea! LOL.
                            Thank you, Cowboy!
                            And a true heartfelt thanks to everyone on the boards for all the amazing support, you're as big a part of this as me.
                            And thanks for the kind thoughts on my dog as well.
                            Loved the quote this morning, Ori.
                            I'm working today, and then leave for a week out of town tomorrow morning. I'll try and craft a few thoughts together about what it means to be a year sober.
                            Certainly problems don't go away, I can just deal with them much better.
                            24 more hours of peace, please.

Comment

LOL! I loved the joke, Mr. V! Ha ha! Who needs alcohol!! Have a good time this weekend. I assume it's a celebration of sorts. It's a year for Mrs. V as well, isn't it? You two are the dynamic duo!

Humbly seeking 24 more.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today.”
                                ― Pope Paul VI

GMAE all! 10:15 am on another cloudy day here in Jersey, 67f. Committing to another 24!

Congrats on the 1 year milestone [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]!
                                Last edited by Orimus; June 1, 2018, 09:19 AM.
                                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                                Toolbox
                                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X