Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Congrats Mr V on your 1 year quit anniversary!! Well done!

Much cooler and raining this morning. Hopefully the forecasters have it right and by noon it’ll stop raining, the sun will shine and it’ll warm up. My little buddy hopes so!

Have a great af day everyone.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good Morning to the lovely Café Crowd..
      Congratulations, Mr. V., on a year of freedom!.. have a lovely vacation!
      I haven't read back here yet, but I hope that everyone is doing well..
      Here's to 24 more af hours for all of us..xx

Comment

Congratulations on one year Mr. V!

Good to see you back LC!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

65f and muggy. Almost foggy.
          On the road this morning, long drive.
          Might not have internet for a few days, so if I don't check in, i'll be fine.
          Thanks for all the well wishes!
          24 more for all of us please.

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

8/10's looks like all we'll be getting, but we'll take it!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for the great quotes this week [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION]! I wonder, are things that come easy for us just as rewarding as the things we have to work hard to achieve or attain. I know it's that way with my sobriety, it was a lot of hard work to get to where I am today, and I'll fight tooth and nail to protect it. I'm not so sure I can say the same about everything in my life...

Thanks for the explanation [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! You had Bubba and I googling all the benefits/drawbacks of green bananas lol

Great to have you back [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! I presume you got my pm for tomorrow?

Not much in store for Bubba and I today, have a couple of plumbing and heating quotes to get out, but going to be a lazy, relaxing day for sure!

How's the porch sisters doing? I see we lost your other partner somewhere along the way.

Your chair at the table is waiting for you [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], hope to see you sitting in it sometime soon!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yes I did, AB!:happy2: See you tomorrow..

Comment

Thank you for a great week of quotes, [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION]. I particularly liked yesterday's because I had just been contemplating that very concept earlier in the day and loved having it put into words for me! Timely.

Ok [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], here is a porch report from Ohio: I sat out two nights ago just after dark. Mr. D went to bed early as he has been under the weather with a virus. Tessa was in the garage in her bed so I was pretty much on my own. I saw a quick movement about 20 feet away from me in the grass so I watched for a moment and realized it was a bunny. Good thing Tessa had been too lazy to get out of her bed and join me! It hopped off and I sat a while longer listening to the bull frogs on the pond. Love that sound!

I am hoping to see you soon [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]. I miss you!

24 more, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Talk about a blast from the past! I was sitting in my chair reading a book and Hank races to the window barking like mad! I guess he heard the bells and I didn’t lol. I haven’t seen one of these since I was growing up in Weyburn! This is an internet pic, but I’ll get a real one the next time he comes around and I go out to buy ice cream for Bubba, Hank, and me! And in all honesty, it looks like my younger brother pedalling the ice cream lol

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thankyou.

After a cool start to the morning (5C when we walked), it’s turned into a warm, sunny day and the AC is running. Gotta love this time of year.

Looking forward to hockey this evening. I know a lot of people want to see Washington win but I really like what Vegas has accomplished this season and would love to see them become champions.

Hope everyone is enjoying an af weekend!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Great pic Cowboy! That could be me in the photo.

You have a very handsome younger brother!!!!!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

67fand party cloudy surfside in the outer banks of North Carolina.
                          Dozens of dolphins in the surf this morning, must be feeding.
                          Got distressing news yesterday on arrival, that a good friend who has been in the hospital has taken a turn for the worse and is now in ICU. Just saw him a few days ago, and he told me he was going home. Frustrating not the be able to help out the family.
                          Hope everyone is well.
                          24 more please.

Comment

Porch is doing great this morning! I just put up the umbrella a swept things off a bit. The sun is up, the birds are chirping, what more could I ask on a Sunday morning?!

I am in the middle of listening to a discussion between Russell Brand and Jordan Peterson on the 12 step model of recovery. Russell Brand is a British comic who recently wrote a rather profane book on his take on the subject. He is also in long term recovery and has a good understanding of what it takes. Jordan Peterson is a clinical psychologist and author and is considered to be one of the great thinkers of our time. Anyway, the discussion is lengthy and in depth and at some points I am hanging on by a thread as a listener, but I thought I should share the link in case it appealed to anyone here:

Russell Brand & Jordan B Peterson - Under the Skin #52 - YouTube

Humbly asking for 24 more, please.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

A chilly 55 degrees on the back porch this morning, with a stiff breeze making things feel even cooler. Not sure where our other porch sister is dill, but I hope that she's just lurking and will be back soon!

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Cross post, [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! I am so sorry to hear the news of your friend. I'll send a prayer.

Dolphins?! Wonderful! I've never seen that sight from the deck here, but thanks to you for the mental image!
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X