No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." – Confucius

6:30am in Alberta, I'll take another 24 please, and thanks...

It rained a bit here through the night, 2/10's, didn't do much to cool it off though, 17C (68F) this morning heading into another hot day! At least the grass and garden got a bit of moisture.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Last edited by abcowboy; June 23, 2018, 07:32 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for the great quotes you sent me to use this week [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Are you sure you don't want to give it a try next time? I've copied the new set you sent me, but would be more than willing to let you do the honors lol. And that goes for everyone else, if you want to help out with the quotes and/or check in list, just let me know!

I'm headed out to Adam's this morning to finally finish the tin on his new cover-all shed. Got started late last year, then the snow and cold made it impossible to finish. And this is the first weekend that we both have more or less free to get it done. Our farmsite sure shows how much I've neglected it, have only had time to water plants in the solarium and cut the tame grass. The rest of the yard looks terrible! Haven't had time to string trim or spray herbicide, almost need a swather to knock down the weeds now. I think Bubba and her parents are a bit upset with me because I refused to drive them to the city today to attend the birthday party of a some-what relative. I've used up 4 or 5 weekends doing things for them since seeding season ended and it's time I got some of my stuff done. They have to realize I'm not going to drop everything any time they want something done. Should be able to finish the tin today, then I can tackle the farmyard tomorrow....
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It’s a book reading/Netflix day here too thanks to torrential rain. My little buddy is looking sad because she knows when the treadmill gets plugged in it means no walk. Maybe later if the rain lets up.

Another challenging day for Mrs QW yesterday and again today. At supper last night she couldn’t cut her food and had to put her fork in her left hand because her right arm was too weak. F PD.

Great quote today!

I hear you Cowboy. It seems sometimes that what we do for others is easily forgotten. 8 years ago I took early retirement, we sold our house near Edmonton and moved to eastern Ontario to help my in-laws. Sadly they both passed while we were there. According to my wife’s family though we didn’t do anything for her parents. Huh. My sister in law was nasty to her parents, my brother in law would make the long trek from Toronto, all 90 minutes of it, maybe twice a year to see his folks. Yet, in their eyes, we did nothing. We used to shop for them, take them to appointments and we enjoyed many restaurant meals together. We never regretted a minute of the time we had with them.
        When we found out we were going to be grandparents the decision to move west to be closer to our kids was an easy one. And we haven’t regretted it!

Hope everyone has a great af day!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good Morning [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. I would rather stay behind the scenes, but thanks for the offer! Good luck with your farm site today. Hope everyone has a good and sober saturday.

Comment

Finally cooled down enough to sit out on the deck with a good book! I figured I catch up on FB and my cousin posted this, thought I’d share it....

I hired a plumber to help me restore an old farmhouse, and after he had just finished a rough first day on the job: a flat tire made him lose an hour of work, his electric drill quit and his ancient one ton truck refused to start.
            While I drove him home, he sat in stony silence. On arriving, he invited me in to meet his family. As we walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both hands.
            When opening the door he underwent an amazing transformation.. His face was wreathed in smiles and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.
            Afterward he walked me to the car. We passed the tree and my curiosity got the better of me. I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier.
            'Oh, that's my trouble tree,' he replied 'I know I can't help having troubles on the job, but one thing's for sure, those troubles don't belong in the house with my wife and the children.. So I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come home and ask God to take care of them. Then in the morning I pick them up again.' 'Funny thing is,' he smiled,' when I come out in the morning to pick 'em up, there aren't nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before.

Comment

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps. ~Confucius

Woke up to a lovely light fog covering the pasture. Such a peaceful stillness. So nice to wake up in a fog like that instead of the fog being inside my head!

QW, I hope Mrs. QW has a better day today.:hug:

Cowboy, I hope the feathers are unruffled by now up at your place. For what it's worth, I think you did the right thing. I hope that after Mrs. C had time to ponder it she got over her disappointment and appreciated that you needed to take care of yourself. You are a very loving and generous man, but we all have our limits. You simply needed some time to yourself and get caught up. :love:

I liked the quote yesterday and decided to continue with Confucius today. His wisdom transcends time. I almost wonder if he was a recovering alcoholic? :happy2:
                Last edited by dill; June 24, 2018, 09:19 AM. Reason: clarification
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Busy yesterday, an a quick out of town trip, return today.
                  24 more please.

Comment

5:54 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

7:00am in Alberta, 24 for me and anyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Too funny [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], but woke up to fog here this morning as well! Going to make for a hot and humid day....

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

hi Everyone! 3pm here and I'm happy to be in the middle of another 24 af hours.. hope you're all having a lovely Sunday. xx

Comment

It's too durn hot to cook over a hot griddle this morning, so something cool and light for breakfast today...

Comment

Well Dill, things are still a bit tense this morning, but I'm sure it'll improve as the day goes by. Bubba and I have been through too much together to let the little things get to us.

My day yesterday didn't turn out quite as planned, Adam and I got the tin finished, but the weeds got a few more days reprieve lol. As we were putting up the last pieces of tin, I got a call from a widowed farm lady who was having troubles with her septic tank. I went over after we finished the tin and spent an hour or so troubleshooting the problem and figured out it was the float down in the tank. Drove back to the farm, got a new float, changed it out, and problem solved. Too late in the day by then to get started on the weeds, so just went home to relax on the deck. Oh well, I'll get at those weeds sooner or later lol.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My little buddy and I did eventually get out for a walk between thunderstorms yesterday. And today the sunshine and warm temps have returned. We were glad though that it was cool when we walked at 6 this morning.

Our sliding pantry shelves are being installed as I write this. The company is so busy that the installer works 7 days a week. Nice to see a small business thriving!

Hope everyone is enjoying an af Sunday!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning. I am in for 24 more. Hope everyone has a great Monday. I am headed to the beach on my day off today!

Comment

Working...
                                X