~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

58 degrees and partly cloudy this morning. It's a little chilly on the back porch but bearable. [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]...so glad that the hubby and I decided on a roof and screening when building the porch. It's nice to sit out there even if it's raining and the bugs are out. Is there any way that you could put a roof on your deck? It's so worth it!

Well, I'm going on vacation in a few weeks with family members that like to drink. Quite frankly, I'm really worried about the temptations that I will be facing, and hope that I am strong enough to say no. Then there's the explanations as to why I'm not drinking anymore. I'm sure that we will have WIFI where we are, so I may be leaning on you guys more than usual.

Another 24 please and thank you very much!
    Last edited by Jude58; June 25, 2018, 05:58 AM.

Comment

The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys
      that will unlock the door to personal excellence.

~Confucius

Continuing on with Confucius. :happy2:

I was out on my deck yesterday [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], looking at the roof lines, etc. I didn't yet mention it to Mr. D but will today. I just have no idea how much it would cost and if we can afford it. I'll let you know what we decide. In the meantime, you keep enjoying yours and sending reports! I hear you on your anxiety about your upcoming trip. I get it, I really do! But I'm hoping you will dig deep and will come up with strategies that will get you thru. Maybe find a place while you are there that can be a substitute back porch style safety zone for you. Some place you can go to get away and get yourself centered when needed. I no longer really enjoy drinking socially so that helps me in those situations. The anxiety of what I might do to embarrass myself once I start drinking (what with having no off-switch) is greater than the anxiety of being in a social situation. I'm not saying it's easy, but I do find I enjoy myself much more in those situations if I am sober. I hope you can too.:heartbeat:

Nice morning here! Placidly asking for another 24.
      Last edited by dill; June 25, 2018, 06:18 AM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Hopefully getting some cooler weather later this week, long hot, dry spell that needs to end soon or the crops and hay are really going to suffer...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

70F overcast, a little humid.
          working today
          24 more please.

Comment

5:30 am in Vegas,another 24 pleaseJude,please use the support here,I didn't when I went on my trip home and it got me in a bad place drinking that I still have regrets over! Dig deep and do whatever it takes!! Trust me you don't want the regret of ruining what was supposed to be a fun vacation
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

That Confucius was a smart old cookie! We need only to look within ourselves to be the best that we can be.

I figure we all know what you're going through Jude. And it all boils down to excuses. Each and every one of us can come up with excuses to drink every day, it's the nature of being an alcoholic! But when we finally realize they are just excuses, it becomes easier to say no to drinking. QDub has a great excuse to drink, but he knows he'll be far better equipped to help his wife in the coming years if he's sober. We can all find that excuse if we want to drink more than we want to be sober, it's neatly wrapped up in Dill's signature line.

I was just pm'ing [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] about that very same thing. There'll always be excuses to drink because we'll always be alcoholics, that's not going to change. So we have to change how we deal with our excuses. I'll be the first to admit that drinking was the easiest way to deal with some things, but we aren't really dealing with anything when we try to drink it away, we're just prolonging it. And yep, a lot of social situations seem more fun with a few drinks, if we could just have a few, but we can't because we're alcoholics. So we need to learn how to have just as much fun without drinking, and as Dill says, it is possible!

And we all look into the future at coming events and convince ourselves that we'll never get through them sober. But hold on, what is our real goal? Just get through today, get through the next 24 hours, one day at a time. It's like I told the bride's to be when I was renting out the Hall for functions, you can worry yourself to death over details! Your wedding day will come and go, nothing you can do about that. It's up to you to make it a good or bad memory, the details aren't really all that important.

We all have what it takes to get through those details, those excuses, just listen to what Confucius says....
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

By 9:30 this morning my little buddy and I had walked our 6km route, had breakfast and I cut the lawn. Nice start to the day.

The sliding shelves we had installed in the pantry yesterday are working beautifully. Previously there were things we couldn’t reach because they were at the back of a shelf - no longer a problem as everything is in easy reach with the shelf out. And because of Mrs QW’s disability, we qualify for a 15% refund next year when we file our income taxes. Hopefully this and some other changes we’re making, like hiring a cleaning service, will allow us to stay in our house for a few more years.

Hope everyone is enjoying an af Monday!

QW
                Last edited by Quit wining; June 25, 2018, 12:15 PM.
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve;
                  and bad things are very easy to get.

~Confucius

Sometimes I wonder if Confucius was a recovering alcoholic!

That's good news that the sliding shelves are done and are going to be such a help to you two, [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! Our pantry shelves slide out too and it is really, really convenient. I hope Mrs. QW has a good day today.:heartbeat:

Humbly asking for 24 more.
                  Last edited by dill; June 26, 2018, 04:01 AM.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Well, you're up early this morning [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Loved the quote.....so very true!

Thanks to all for the advice regarding my upcoming vacation, it really means a lot to me having this kind of support. I guess that I should stop worrying about tomorrow and just focus on today.
                    [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] Glad that the shelves are working out for you; it's amazing how such small things can seem like big ones in the scheme of things. Being able to stay in your home together for as long as you can is so important. It's all about adaptation, and that theory applies to everything in our lives.

Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Have a great day all!

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

5:25 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

8:25 am on the east coast. Another 24 for me please!!! First AF weekend in months! Feeling pretty pumped about that!

Comment

67F and overcast.
                            That Confucius was one smart cookie.
                            Glad the shelves worked out, I might have to look into that for some hard to reach places.
                            I found my first holiday not drinking was really not that hard, more in my head than anything else. And after everyone has a drink or two, nobody gave a hoot about what I was up up to.
                            24 more please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mrs QW found some money in her desk today that she’d forgotten about so we went out for lunch to a small, locally owned cafe. Although she struggled to cut the ham and scalloped potatoes, she persevered and did fine. It was tempting to ask if I could help and likely I would have had we been home. Overall, a good day for her.

Hope everyone is enjoying an af day!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

It always seems impossible until it's done.
                                ~Nelson Mandela

Yes [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], I was up early yesterday. It was coffee shop day. I have to have the shop up and running by 6:30 which means I have to leave the house by 5:30! I don't mind tho. On the way to the shop I had to swerve to avoid hitting a family of raccoons crossing the road. It was close, but none were hit and I was ok too!

Humbly asking for 24 for all of us.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X