~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] sometimes those early morning commutes are the best! The roads are quiet, and depending on where you live, the wildlife is more likely to be active and visible. (hopefully not in your headlights)

Breezy and cloudy here on the back porch this morning, with temps in the mid 60's. It's supposed to be 98 degrees and very humid this weekend, so I guess that I'll enjoy the cooler weather while it's here. Hubby and I are planning to take the kayaks out on Saturday, so it looks like we had better be out on the water very early in the morning!

Does anybody know what happened to Ori? Have not seen him here in a very long time.

Another 24 please with a side of gratitude.

Have a great day al!

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, I'd love another 24 please, and thanks...

Cooled down a bit and rain in the forecast for the weekend!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:43 am in Vegas,another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another beautiful day although cool at 5:45 when we left the house.

Looking forward to a long weekend - Canada Day July 1st - and hope to have our kids and grandkids here for a barbecue.

Hope everyone has a great af Wednesday!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

It is often better to have a great deal of harm happen to one than a little; a great deal may rouse you to remove what a little will only accustom you to endure. ~Grenville Kleiser

This brings to mind "rock bottom" for me. Until you hit your personal rock bottom, you continue to endure the harm you are inflicting on yourself thru drink.

What a glorious morning! I knew the moon was full, but I couldn't see it from my position at the house. I decided I had to walk out toward the pasture so I could see the vista beyond the trees in our yard. There was the moon in all its glory! Suspended just above the horizon line, golden. Tessa was thrilled that I was out and about so early in her territory so she bounded ahead of me barking out warnings to any possible intruders that now would be a good time for them to turn tail and leave! :happy2: Consider this a "beyond the porch" report!

No screened porch in my future [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. Mr. D said it would be too difficult to fortify the deck and to tie the roofline into the house. He said a better idea would be to start from scratch and build a sun room at another spot toward the front of our house. That gave me hope, but we shall see! [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] has been on my mind lately too. He hasn't been here since the last time he was in charge of quotes. He hasn't even posted in the roll call or anywhere else. I hope he surfaces sometime soon and I hope that he is OK.

24 more please.
            Last edited by dill; June 28, 2018, 05:24 AM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your morning with us [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]....I feel as though I was almost there with you! I hope that the sunroom becomes a reality for you, as it's so nice to sit out, even when it's windy and rainy, as it is here this morning. I can't hear anything but the rain pounding on the metal roof covering the porch, but at least I'm dry!

Well, I hope that Ori returns soon, it's kind of quiet around here lately.

Dill, your quote this morning made me think about why I quit drinking. One of the reasons was the abundance of physical ailments which had plagued me for many years, and seemed to be worsening as time went on. I was always at the doctor's with vague complaints of just not feeling well, and it wasn't until my liver enzymes were sky high, that I finally admitted to myself, and my doctor, that alcohol was most likely the culprit. After ditching the booze, most of the physical and emotional ailments disappeared, and I lost 30 pounds in the months that followed. Whenever I get the urge to drink, I try to remember how lousy I felt every morning, and how my cure was to have another drink to temporarily make those feelings go away. I'll have to keep that in mind when I go on vacation....I don't ever want to feel that way again!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you for helping me to find sobriety.

Comment

66F but heating up. Going to be in the 90's for the week.
                Mrs. V is off for the next few days. Fun planned.
                24 more please

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

It's Ori's shift next week, so I'll be pm'ing him today as a reminder...we shall see...

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not too drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:33am in Vegas,another 24 please
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Looks like it may be a wet long weekend but the rain will be good for my recently seeded lawn.

Hope everyone has a great af day!

Hopefully we’ll hear from Ori soon.

QW
                      Last edited by Quit wining; June 28, 2018, 11:00 AM.
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Beautiful morning here, sunny and 62 degrees, but bracing myself for a very hot and muggy weekend. Guess that it's time to turn on the AC!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think.
                          When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.

~Buddha

This is such a good reminder to me. It really makes a difference over time, the thoughts I allow to flourish. I need to be careful or I become full of worries or irritations. What I need to keep in mind to get and stay more centered and more satisfied, is to practice gratitude. Thoughts of gratitude can chase away negativity.:heartbeat:

24 more please.
                          Last edited by dill; June 29, 2018, 06:01 AM.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:35am in Alberta, 24 for me please, and thanks...

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Feeling a bit low today, problems with my best buddy...his fatty tissue lipoma has grown to almost the size of a volleyball and it's making it hard for him to go up and down the stairs. Then he started to get eye and ear infections, then these "skin infections" started popping up between his toes and then one opened up on his lip. Took him to the vet yesterday and she thinks it's hypothyroidism. Sent away a blood sample and we'll hear back Tuesday or Wednesday and go from there. Hopefully like me, he'll just have to take a pill daily to balance out his thyroid and everything will be back to normal, except for his lipoma, nothing we can do about that.

It got me to thinking and preparing myself for the day he'll no longer be with us. He is going on 9 and the breeder told us that 9 - 10 was the life expectancy for his bloodline, time will tell.... I have to start spending more time with him, enjoying his company, and keeping my thoughts on what a good dog he has been and all the good and bad times we've shared together. Our pets really do teach us what unconditional love is all about!

Have a great weekend y'all, remember, no quitting on your quit eh!

Comment

Going to be hot and humid for the next week. We'll be right in the middle of the "heat dome"
                                Glad to have a pool to go to, lol.
                                Keeping my thoughts on moving forward, too easy to get mired in the muck.
                                24 more please

Comment

Working...
                                X