~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Sorry to hear about Hank, Cowboy. It's been almost a month since I lost mine, and i still look for her around the house.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, I hope you get to spend lots of time with Hank. Domesticating dogs was one of the best things man has ever done. And as you said, pets teach us what unconditional love is all about. Can you post a pic of Hank?

My little buddy and I got soaked on our walk this morning. I’d forgotten that “wonderful” aroma of wet dog!

Mrs QW is having a tough day today. Might be time to have the meds tweaked again.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who,
        instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather
        to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand.

~Henri Nouwen

Wow, this heat is suffocating! I'm keeping in mind that "this too shall pass". :happy2: Still, this morning is sweet, with a temperature of 67 degrees which feels great after yesterday's 90! I'm so happy to be greeting the day alcohol free. It's a gift I wish I would always and forever give myself and one which is always precious.

I know how you feel, [MENTION=6262]Cowboy[/MENTION]. Mr. D and I have had many dogs over the years and each one was special to us. It is so sad that that their life cycle is so short. Tessa is getting old at 7. I think it is something about her breed(s). She started taking thyroid meds a year ago and it made a huge difference in her, so maybe it will help Hank, too. I hope so!:heartbeat:

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], I hope it's a better day today for Mrs. Q. :hug:

24 please for me and all of you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good Saturday morning all! Expecting 95 degrees today and even hotter tomorrow. Glad that I don't drink anymore as I can remember how lousy alcohol made me feel when the weather was hot and muggy.
          [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]....I sure hope that Hank's condition can be treated with thyroid meds. It's amazing how such a small gland can control so many functions in the body. Where is the lipoma located? Most of these tumors can be removed easily, depending on where they are, even if they are rather large, like Hank's. I have had many dogs over the years, and each one has given me something special. No two are alike, but that empty feeling when they are gone, is always the same.

Here's to another 24 and thank you very much!

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Not quite as hot today, going to try to finally get at those weeds!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for the great quotes this week [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Today's is especially meaningful for me, just look at all you guys replies to me over Hank! Thanks y'all!

I tried pm'ing and emailing Ori, but haven't heard back. With it being summer and all, could be many reasons why he hasn't checked in, hopefully all is well with him.

The lipoma is just ahead of his right leg Jude, I guess you'd say haunch or flank? It started out about the size of a tennis ball when we noticed it, had a biopsy done to find out exactly what it was. Vet recommended against surgery because of it's location and how hard it would be to keep the incision from opening up. He said in 90% of cases, they just grow back anyway. Wishing now I wouldn't have listened to him and went ahead with the surgery. I think the thyroid issue is probably the other problem, hopefully that's what it turns out to be and the meds fix up those problems. We ordered pet CBD oil and treats from Amazon and started him on them yesterday, hopefully that will help with his anxiety and joint pain.

Last edited by abcowboy; June 30, 2018, 08:08 AM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hot and sweltering.
                Sure don't miss a hangover on days like this! Used to make life miserable. Why did I do that to myself.
                24 more please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for the pic of your little buddy [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. He’s a good boy, you can tell just by looking at him and you can tell he’s well looked after.

My little buddy and I had a great walk this morning. Jessie is mostly border collie with some lab we think. She was quite interested in a gopher and went into stalking mode, first time I’ve seen her do this. The gopher let her get to within 5 feet before running into a hole in the ground. I think Jessie must be reliving the moment as her paws are twitching as she naps in the living room.

Hope everyone has a great af Saturday!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy sober Sunday everyone! While sitting on my porch early this morning, I heard a screech owl in the distance. They have the neatest call, and it always amazes me how loud such a small bird can be. Very cool!

Another hot day here with a high of 98 with lots of humidity thrown in. So very glad that I'm not hungover today! :sohappy:

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

I'm feeling somewhat groggy this morning and I have know idea why. But I am really glad it's not a hangover! Things should clear up after a cup of coffee or two!

Just for fun, I looked up the origin of the word "groggy" and here's what I found:

'Groggy' - the meaning and origin of this word

Lovely porch report this morning Jude! I'm not sure what a screech owl sounds like, to be honest. I'll give it a google! When do you see the outlaws? Is it this week?

Humbly asking for 24 more, please and thank you.
                      Last edited by dill; July 1, 2018, 06:19 AM.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:35am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Something special for breakfast this morning! Happy Birthday Canada!

Comment

Still hot, lol.
                            Thanks for the breakfast Cowboy, and Happy Canada Day to some of yous.
                            My little buddy used to "run " in her sleep, QW, So funny to watch.
                            No screech owls here, have not heard one in years. Maybe I don't get up early enough, lol.
                            24 more please.

Comment

Well, I had hoped to hear something from [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], but it was not to be, sure hope everything's good in his world! Anyway, I logged in and had a pm from someone else, so yes [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], I'd be grateful if you could do the quotes this week, please and thanks!

I guess that means a change in the weekly rotation, so it's time for anyone or everyone to get in or get out if they wish lol. Or maybe someone has a new idea they'd like to try out for a daily post? I was trying to come up with an idea to spark things up around here, maybe one of you has an idea? Or maybe our thread is just the way we want it?

So, I have [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] (behind the scenes), and myself on the schedule, anyone want in or out? Don't feel bad if you don't/can't do it as it does take a bit of time and commitment, and don't be shy if you want to give it a try! Any lurkers/guests out there that want to join us, please do! Our thread is just about staying sober for today, we'll deal with tomorrow, tomorrow!

Comment

We have screech owls up here as well Jude! Only hear them late nights or early morning though.

Hank does the same thing in his sleep, paws just a-goin', we say he's chasing rabbits lol.

Interesting definition for groggy Dill! Guess that means none of us should feel groggy ever again!

Where did you get to [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], do I need to go hunt you down and drag you back lol.

Have a great day y'all!
                                Last edited by abcowboy; July 2, 2018, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X