~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@paulywogg

Last edited by abcowboy; July 1, 2018, 08:42 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

"When the road looks rough ahead, remember the 'Man Upstairs' and the word H-O-P-E. Hang onto both and 'tough it out." John Wayne

Gotta love John Wayne!

Comment

[MENTION=6262]Cowboy[/MENTION], a picture is worth a thousand words!

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], you've had to great rides offered to you. Now which will it be? The red motorbike or the American Quarter Horse? (at least I think it's a quarter horse) Or perhaps this would be more to your liking:

Perfectquote, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]!
        Last edited by dill; July 1, 2018, 01:05 PM.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians! In the neighbourhood where I live, every lawn has our flag displayed. Ever look great! In my opinion we don’t do enough flag waving the rest of the year though.

I got to try out the electric lawn mower I bought last week. So much easier to push than the old reel mower and this will enable Mrs QW to continue cutting the lawn, one of her favourite outdoor activities, when she feels up to it. Hopefully this, along with the other changes we’re making will allow us to stay where we are for a few more years.

Hope everyone is enjoying a great af day!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

LOL. I’m still here [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. I had my grandson this weekend and little time to be on line. SOBER I AM THO!!! 2nd weekend down without the booze! Hope you have a good Monday!!!

Comment

“We can't be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don't have something better.”
              ― C. JoyBell C.

Yesterday, the hubby and I went to a family get together where I knew that the booze would be flowing. Of course, I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation to drink. I'm happy to report that there was no desire to imbibe whatsoever! I spent the day in the pool with the kids and had a blast! I really didn't think that I could have so much fun with out a drink in my hand! This is a year of many firsts for me, and I'm slowly learning that life is so much better with out the booze. [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]...my vacation with the outlaws isn't for another few weeks. After yesterday's success, I feel much better prepared to handle the upcoming temptations to drink, and I am truly grateful for that. :untroubled:
              [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]...so glad that you are able to make the necessary adaptations to keep Mrs. QW active and at home. You both rock!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much.

Comment

Good morning all! I looked on the porch today for any signs of the fledgling I saw there yesterday. I didn't see it but will keep my eyes peeled today because there is just somehow so magical to see. It's such a transition time for the baby birds and full of peril. They are still "trusting" because all they have ever known is the care and devotion of their parents. They don't realize danger. I was able to get pretty close to it and did so, but did not try to disturb it. I hope to see it survive. It has a good chance here because we have no cats. And mighty Tessa will protect it!

Leaving the nest is such a delicate time for a baby bird, full of unseen dangers. I don't know why but it reminded me of the early stages of sobriety. Magical but tenuous; a time of awakening, yet full of dangers in the form of triggers.

24 more please and thank you.
                Last edited by dill; July 2, 2018, 06:49 AM.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Still hot.
                  Went for a bike ride yesterday with Mrs. V, and everything went to shit. A brake caliper locked up on the car, and was smoking when we pilled into the parking lot. Decided to go the bike ride anyway. Not a cloud in the sky when we left, and like an idiot I left the top down on the convertible car, so it wouldn't be too hot when we got back waiting for a tow. Of course it started raining while on the ride. Some kind soul actually covered the seats of the car with a tarp he had in his!
                  Got the car towed.
                  Came home and the washer was broken, didn't want to spin the clothes.
                  Then took a shower, and the faucet broke, stuck on, of course. That was a fun one!
                  Normally this would have set me off, but I was cool as a cucumber. And I'm sober today to deal with the aftermath.
                  24 more please!

Comment

6:35am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Cool and cloudy here, a bit of rain over the weekend with more in the forecast.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You're right Jude, you can't beat the Duke! I have a framed "portrait" of him on the wall, my kind of art lol. The change that sobriety brings can be a bit scary, but as we all know, it is a good change!

Loved the comparison to the birds and getting sober Dill, we all have to take that leap of faith if we ever hope to better ourselves and grow..and yes, it's a quarter horse lol

Did you get the battery powered lawnmower QDub? They are supposed to be the cat's meow! Guess it's be almost like a walker for the missus, handle to hang onto, get some exercise, and the grass gets cut! Nothing like the smell of fresh cut grass or freshly mowed hayfield!

And I thought I had a "Murphy's Law Day" Mr V, yours's tops mine by a country mile lol. But getting through days like that without drinking shows us we never needed the booze, we only thought we did! By the way, what kind of convertible? That's something I've always wanted to own. Wait, I guess I already do when I saddle up lol.

It's a holiday Monday up here Rava, but I'm going to go to work for part of the day. I should be able to finish that new RTM job I've been working on between today and tomorrow.

Have a great day y'all, let's git'er done!
                      Last edited by abcowboy; July 2, 2018, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mr V, hope you didn’t waste money on a lottery ticket yesterday! Having everything turn to poop all in one day really makes you appreciate the days when things go as expected. And, you didn’t drink! Well done.

Cowboy, I bought an electric mower that requires an extension cord. Mrs QW and I have a bet as to who will run over it first!
                        I did have a battery operated mower when we lived in Ontario. I loved it. It would do the entire yard, was quiet and easy to operate. Our lawn here is about a quarter of what we had so we sold the battery mower to the people who bought our house.

Mrs QW is making pancakes (affectionately called death wads!)and bacon for breakfast. She joined us for the last part of our walk this morning.

Hope everyone has a great af Monday!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

"After the first glass, you see things as you wish they were. After the second, you see things as they are not. Finally, you see things as they really are, and that is the most horrible thing in the world." — Oscar Wilde, on absinthe

I so remember those feelings.....one minute you're floating on top of the world, the next, you're drowning at the bottom of the bottle.

Hope that everyone has a great AF day!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I think for me, it was like that mid-way through my drinking career Jude, but at the end, when I picked up that first drink I already saw how things would end up! The sorry thing is, I just didn't care. I actually welcomed the oblivion that booze gave me. How can a person live his life in a fog? The answer is, they can't, because that's not living....

By the way, congrats on hitting double digits today!!

Comment

Still hot
                                Working nights this week, and it was still in the eighties when I returned home after midnight. No complaint really, just sticky.
                                24 more please

Comment

Working...
                                X