~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

It's a hot one all right! Yesterday was too, but at least we had a great thunderstorm at the end of the day that cooded things off and watered my flowers for me!

24 more please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A cool, wet day here although my little buddy and I stayed dry on our walk.

Singing birds woke us up at 4:45 this morning. Jessie thought it was time to walk then! Thankfully we were all able to get back to sleep for a bit.

Mrs QW is having another challenging day today, frustrated, very tired and cold. She’s making an appointment to see our family doctor for a check up in the next few days. Hopefully that will help.

Hope everyone is having a great af day.

QW
      Last edited by Quit wining; July 3, 2018, 06:59 PM.
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“Be grateful. These feelings, no matter how painful, are part of
        living. Today, we are alive—not anesthetized, not sedated, not passed
        out. Take control of your feelings and through action you can change.
        Today, as every day of sober living, we have a choice.”
        ― Ann D. Clark

Being grateful has been a very helpful tool on my journey to sobriety. It really helps me to see things as they really are, especially when I realize that there are many people who have so much less than I.

Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

I love that whole quote, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and am grateful you shared it here. I especially like this part:
          Take control of your feelings and through action you can change. Channeling your feelings and taking action towards the goal is the key to change. Wishing, hoping, thinking, wanting, none of those will do the trick. The key is doing. I also want to congratulate you on your 10 months. That's a great achievement!

We had a great little 4th of July celebration last night with my son and grandson putting on a grand pyrotechnic display!:thumbsup:
          I am grateful that alcohol played no part in the festivities. In the past it played a central roll. I never realized how that actually took away from the enjoyment by shifting the focus to that internal buzz. It's so amazing how differently I see things now and I am very grateful.:heartbeat:

QW I am hoping that Mrs. Q has a better day today. I know how frustrated you must feel. Just know that your love and support means a lot to her during all this.

24 more please on this Independence Day!
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, I'm in for 24 more hours of AF independence!

Cool, cloudy, and rain expected, and that's just fine!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Last edited by abcowboy; July 4, 2018, 07:03 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cool and wet here too Cowboy but my little buddy and I stayed dry on our walk.

Happy 4th of July to our American friends, hope you have a great af celebration!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Another hot one.
                  Working today
                  Happy fourth to the Americans here.
                  24 more please

Comment

I'm checking in for 24 please. 3 years ago, I got so drunk that I don't remember it all. Last year we watched a woman so drunk that it's a miracle she didn't fall or blow herself up.
                    This year - I am going to avoid all the drunken festivities and enjoy the day.
                    Happy 4th of July
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I do the same thing Nora, use MWO as my crutch if I think I need it! Great to see you doing the same!

Thought I’d better touch base tonight as I don’t think I’ll have time in the morning. I cut my forearm pretty bad on the job this afternoon and I have to be at the University Hospital in Edmonton by 8:00am for surgery to repair the tendons that I cut, can’t move the 3 last fingers of my right hand because of the cut tendons. I’m grateful I’m left-handed! Will update y’all when I know more!

Comment

Cowboy - Oh my goodness. Take care of yourself. How long are you going to be in the hospital? Is it out-patient? :heartbeat:
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hope all goes well tomorrow Cowboy!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Thinking of you, AB, and wishing you a speedy recovery..
                            Hello to everyone and here's to 24 af hours!

Comment

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well." Jack London

So sorry Cowboy! I hope that surgery goes well today, and that you recover quickly!

Good to see you around these parts Nora!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Dang, Cowboy, so sorry to hear of the accident. I do hope they can put you back together again. That's serious. Here's to a speedy, pain-free recovery.
                                Still hot
                                Had to work on the 4th, so no time for trouble, lol.
                                here's to 24 more for all of us

Comment

Working...
                                X