~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Truly amazing how well you are doing. I'm so happy to hear it.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]...........we'll all have to descend on you and sign your cast. How are you at one-handed cake eating

Its been like ER around MWO this week.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Glad you’re getting the best care possible Cowboy, both in hospital and at home. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Late check in today as we’ve been busy with our 31/2 year old granddaughter who is spending the night with us. We’re just back from supper at a local restaurant. Our server went above and beyond to ensure that our granddaughter’s peanut allergy was considered in the meal she ate. She even checked the website of the company that made the ice cream she had to ensure there was no risk of peanut contamination. Service like that isn’t seen often these days and our appreciation was reflected in the tip.

Hope everyone enjoyed a great day, af.

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I only need 2 fingers to eat cake [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] lol. By the sounds of it our Dr’s prescribed us the same anti-biotic, these huge orange pills! But we’re on the right side of the grass and that’s what counts!
          Last edited by abcowboy; July 8, 2018, 08:36 PM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

""what is done can't be undone but one can prevent it from happening again.""--anne frank

Here's to another 24 af hours! Time for me to read back a bit.. xx

Comment

Thank s for the quote LC.....simple but so true!

Hope that everyone here at the cafe is doing well today!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

How nice of the waitress to be so caring of your gdaughter's needs, QW. I have had my gdaughter here for the past two days and nights so I know exactly how difficult it is for you to find time to post. But it is such a blessing, isn't it?

We have been fixated on the news of the 12 boys and their coach trapped in the cave. What a huge effort that is being undertaken to get them out. Hoping and praying.

24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:20am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

Going to be a hot one out there today! Good day to spend in the house with a/c!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Last edited by abcowboy; July 9, 2018, 07:38 AM.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:24 am in Vegas another 24 please
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I agree LC, simple but so true. Our past is there to learn from, not to try and repeat. We may always wish for things from our past, worry about how things could have been said or done differently, but what's the use, we can't change it anyway.

You're right QDub, it is hard to find those people who go out of their way to give that little bit of extra attention, but being grateful and showing our appreciation is a way of letting them know that they are appreciated!

I have the day to check into my personal injury insurance and figure out what needs to be done to get a claim started. Then tomorrow it's back to work! I'm pretty lucky that my old helper is available and agreed to help me finish off 2 jobs that I've started. Then I have to phone my other customers that are waiting for work to get done, explain what happened and see if they want to wait till I get the go ahead to return to work, or if they want to find a different contractor. It's amazing how a few seconds can change your life. Kinda like spinning the cap off a bottle and saying to heck with it, or screwing the cap back on tight and saying never again....all it takes is a few seconds....

We've been watching the rescue efforts as well Dill. I can't imagine the ordeal those boys are going through and how it's going to affect them long-term.

Have a great day my friends and let's keep it between the lines eh!
                      Last edited by abcowboy; July 9, 2018, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Good to see Cowboy back in the saddle. (Been waiting on that one haven't you? lol)
                        24 more please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It’s going to be a busy day with our granddaughter. We’re making cookies, going to the lake to fish, play at the playground, go to the splash park and then we’re making supper to take home with her. I’m tired just thinking about it!

Hope everyone has a great day af!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

You're right Mr V lol, I'm surprised it took this long to hear it!

Comment

Good morning cafe! It's really nice out on the back porch this morning, and I'm grateful to be here.

Hope that the healing process will go quickly for you [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. I can't believe that you're going back so soon!

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Another hot one here.
                                Lots of work today, but not as much as QW, lol!
                                Yes we all hope the healing is quick, Cowboy.
                                24 more please

Comment

Working...
                                X