No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Agreed Mr V, QDub stays busier than I'll ever want to be lol.

I'm not supposed to be using my right hand for anything this week Jude, and I don't plan to. I'll just let it hang around in the sling lol. It's a good thing my old helper, Mark, is coming to my rescue! He'll be the boss and I'll be the gopher! The job I got hurt on only has about 2 - 3 hours of work and then it's done. And it's all work he has done before. The other job is simple replacing old plumbing fixtures with new ones, again, work he has done before. By the end of this week or early next week, jobs started will be finished, so I'll be able to let Mark get back to the work he loves, professional gaming.

I had 3 other jobs quoted and accepted, and all 3 customers said not to worry, they want me to do the work and are prepared to wait. I'm wondering about harvest now, I need my right hand to operate the joystick that runs all aspects of the combine. Hopefully by the time harvest comes around my arm is healed enough that I get the go-ahead to do that. We shall see, it will be what it will be. Not much I can do to change the healing process except follow the physio guy's instructions to the tee.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:21 am in Vegas another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

""Owning our story and loving ourselves through the process is the bravest thing we'll ever do.""- Brené Brown
          I'm also wishing you a speedy recovery, AB!
          Here's to another 24 af hours for all of us..

Comment

Loved that quote today, LC. It does take guts sometimes to see ourselves clearly.

Humbly asking for another 24.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We were so bagged when we got back from returning our granddaughter last evening, we crashed before 9PM! We had a great visit with her - baking cookies was the best part - although we didn’t get fishing. We opted instead for extended time at the playground. Our granddaughter is a very affectionate 3 1/2 year old and several times she said “I sure love you”!

And I was sure glad not to be drinking as I would have missed out on so muchfun. Mrs QW was particularly tired but she did very well I thought.

Next up is a visit from our grandson next week. Hopefully we’ll get fishing but we also plan to take him to see the dinosaur museum in Drumheller. He’s never been and we never tire of seeing the displays.

Hope everyone is enjoying a great af Tuesday!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another beautiful day on tap today, but we really do need a bit of rain!
                [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]...hope that you're feeling OK today, just don't over do it!

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

An inch and 2/10's of rain last night! Cool and cloudy here this morning, and expecting more rain, come'on rain!!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Last edited by abcowboy; July 11, 2018, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Mark and I finished up the RTM yesterday, and even had time to stop at the country Church and install an outside lawn service so they can water their flowers! No need for an Advil at all, so that's good!

Last night I reflected on your quote LC. I'm not sure if that's what making amends to others is all about, or is it making amends to ourselves? We always found excuses to drink, yet we couldn't seem to come up with reasons to quit. We just accepted our drinking and our behaviour as who we were. I'm sure I was just plain scared to really look at myself and who and what I'd become! I can look back on that person now and feel ashamed. I can't blame all my problems on drinking, I have to accept the responsibility that I let myself get to the stage I was at. Not an easy thing to do, but something that must be done. Accept who you were, let that person go, and feel good that you're making the effort and taking the responsibility to become who you were meant to be....

Yep, taking it easy Jude. Left my arm in the sling all day and never used it once lol. Easy day today, the plumbing fixtures I need for the ball diamond bathrooms are being delivered. I'll meet Greg from B & G there, and the Village Foreman is also coming over to help with the unloading. Then head to the farm to check things out (a week since I've been there) and water plants in the gh. Hopefully the rain we got in Vermilion also hit the farm!

Meant to ask you QDub if you take in any of the Stampede festivities?

Have a great day y'all!

Comment

Cooler here today, for a couple of days. Temps below 90.
                      A cold front came through last night, but no rain here either, Jude.
                      Might have to water soon.
                      24 more please.

Comment

6:24 am in Vegas another 24 please!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

""I wanted to be free of any meanness shown to me. and perhaps I could only do that by rooting out any meanness within myself.""-- Marianne Wiliamson
                          here's to 24 more af hours for us all!!!

Comment

Late check in for me today! Oh well, better late than never...

24 please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My little buddy and I missed our usual morning walk yesterday, first time in a few months because I had an early morning dental appointment and then it rained. Today we were both glad to get back to routine! She did a happy dance for about the first kilometre.

No Cowboy, we don’t join in Stampede activities for a few reasons, the main one being my dislike of crowds. Plus dealing with everything at the grounds is too much for Mrs QW. Also it’s kind of like northern Albertans not going to West Edmonton Mall!

Hope the rehab continues to go well Cowboy!

Hope everyone is enjoying an af Wednesday!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning all! As I sat on the back porch this morning, I heard a couple of mourning doves having a conversation. I just love the sound of their gentle calls to each other. No wind today so I could really hear the creek splashing away down below. Always a good way to start the day!

Hope that the rehab is going well cowboy, and glad that you got to take your pup for a walk yesterday QW!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                                X