~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Reading your porch reports is always a lovely way to start the day, Jude! Thank you.

I enjoyed reading your take on Tuesday's quote of the day, [MENTION=6262]Cowboy[/MENTION]. Thank you for sharing those thoughts. So good you are a comfortable distance away from the loutish behavior of yore! The good man hidden inside has been set free (actually has set himself free), to shine, and shine you have. You have been a light for me and many others.

I liked yesterday's quote, LC. It is worth stopping and thinking from time to time what my own part is in things. When things aren't going well, am I somehow sending out signals that I am not even aware of that others are reacting to?

Another gorgeous day here. The weatherman forecasts returning heat and humidity, so I think I will just focus on today. Nothing much happening except mowing the grass.

24 more please and thank you.
    Last edited by dill; July 12, 2018, 06:13 AM.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Hot and humid is the forecast for today, good thing I'm just headed to the city to pick up material.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Last edited by abcowboy; July 12, 2018, 07:01 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thank you Dill, but I think we're all shining and helping by just being here everyday, for ourselves and for others! I too look forward to the porch reports lol. We all live such different lives and it's interesting to read what goes on around all of us, what we do each day, and how we handle and cope with that daily living.

You must have pulled our rain clouds your way Jude! Hope you get some like we did.

I hear you on not liking crowds QDub! But, there was a time when I used to love being in the center of those crowds. I had a chuckle when you mentioned WEM, I can't remember the last time I set foot in it lol.

Some really good quotes this week LC. And we all interpret and apply them differently, that's what makes reading them so interesting! I don't want to get all spiritual on y'all, but the minute I read this last one, one thought came to my mind; "Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do" And that's exactly how I deal with the meanness around me.....and I have to admit, Bubba is right, I have become a much kinder, gentler person since quitting drinking, but there's always room for improvement!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:34 am in Vegas another 24 please
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Cool today, but right back to heat and humidity next week.
            Gotta mow the lawn too, Dill.
            Jus this morning, as I drove Mrs. V to work, she said I was much nicer (about everything) now that I wasn't drinking. Go figure.
            24 more please

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another sunny, hot day here in southern Alberta. And it’s a day of mixed feelings. The highlight of my day was finding fresh blueberries in our local grocery store. I usually freeze about 18 pounds to enjoy over the winter. Nothing like Mrs QW’s deathwads, er, pancakes, with blueberries on a blizzardy day in January! Plus we share them with family throughout the year. 4 pounds have just gone into the freezer.

On a sad note, I took down the birdhouse, home to a family of tree swallows. They left before I could get any photos of the babies being fed. Oh well. I’m glad though that the babies survived and look forward to seeing them next Spring.

Cowboy, the other evening Mrs QW gave me a hug and thanked me for not drinking. Makes a guy feel pretty good.

Hope everyone is enjoying a great af Thursday!

QW
              Last edited by Quit wining; July 12, 2018, 04:11 PM.
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

""Today I affirm: letting go isn't easy, and change may be difficult, but the only way I will grow the courage to nurture my higher self, is to make room for uncomfortable lessons and to learn from them.""--alex elle

Morning Café friends! Hope everyone has a good Friday.. here's to another 24 af hours for us all!

Comment

Love that quote LC! I will try to keep that in mind as my upcoming vacation draws near. There will be lots of drinking in settings that I have tried to avoid on my journey into sobriety. My siblings (they all drink) and I are having a bittersweet reunion in Ct. where I was born. My parents passed away several years ago, and we had them both cremated. We are going to have a mass said, and then bury their ashes together in a cemetery where many of their family have been laid to rest. Then we are heading to NC to see my stepson and his fiance for a week. They are heavy duty partiers and I'm concerned about the temptations that will be presenting themselves over and over. Not sure if we will have wifi in the cabin we are renting in N.C. but I can always use my phone to reach out to you guys if I need to.

QW...so glad that your wife appreciates the fact that you don't drink anymore. We never realize how our drinking affects others until we become sober.

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!
                  Last edited by Jude58; July 13, 2018, 05:20 AM.

Comment

The air is cool and comfortable and the morning sunlite is playing beautifully upon the landscape! Birds are chirping occasionally, but not the excited calls of late spring, early summer. I don't hear cicadas yet today but likely will as the day heats up. I started hearing them last week and realized that summer is turning. It made me sad.

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], it does sound like you'll somewhat be running the gauntlet. Be confident that you can do it, because you can!

Mr. V, QW, cowboy, thanks for sharing about your spouse's gratitude. As Jude said, we just don't realize what we burden our spouses with until we have left it well behind.

24 more, please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cool morning, but heating up quickly. The Cicadas have already started this morning. I used to be fascinated by them as a kid. So huge and ugly, yet unthreatening.
                      Going to see my old friend in the hospital today, he's been there since may. Thankfully he's getting some of his mental acuity back, and they've moved him to rehab. He'll have to learn to walk again.
                      24 more please.

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Small rain shower when I first got up this morning, but supposed to be sunny and hot today.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; July 13, 2018, 07:31 AM.

Comment

I'm sure your hubby's/family are just as appreciative gals, but you know us men, usually short on the compliments and showing emotion lol.

Have a great visit with your buddy Mr V!

Bubba's got quite the pair of boys to look after lol, make sure I take my pills, make sure Hank gets his thyroid pills and cbd oil, clean up behind us, and keep us fed and watered. Think the 3 of us might take a run out to the farm today, water plants and cut the grass, then hit Tim Horton's on the way back for a salted caramel ice cap.

Last edited by abcowboy; July 13, 2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

6:18 am in Vegas another 24 please
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I love this thread, I get to learn something new everyday! I had to google cicadas, figured for sure it was some type of bird, turns out it's an insect lol.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A beautiful morning but turning into a scorcher later on today with temps in the mid-30’s C, mid 90’s F. So, by 9AM, my little buddy and I had walked our 6km route, had breakfast, cut and trimmed the grass and now the sprinkler is on.

Jude, 8 years ago we had a family reunion in Prince Edward Island and buried my parents ashes. It was what they wanted and it was great to have the whole family there to share in the experience. I hope all goes well for you and your family. I wish you strength in keeping af!

Mr V, I hope your visit with your friend in hospital goes well.

Have a great af day everyone!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X