No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another great quote LC! And it includes so many more things than just getting sober. Kids moving away from home, the loss of a loved one or friend, seeing our pets leave us, etc, etc. But in order to move forward we have to learn to let go, as tough as that is sometimes. Letting go or moving forward doesn't mean we need to totally forget, we still move forward with our memories, learn from some of them, cherish others. Our worlds are constantly changing, better to learn how to adapt and accept those changes than to try and live in the past...
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

""Try not to resist the changes that come your way. Instead let life live through you. And do not worry that your life is turning upside down. How do you know the side you are used to is better than the one to come?""--Rumi

I read this this morning after a sleepless (almost), worrisome night. At some point I just began crying and saying out loud (thank goodness I was alone!:love the things I'm sad/overwhelmed/worried/slightly panicked/very sad about and it helped to say that I was afraid and that I felt a great emptiness. As you mentioned yesterday, AB, it doesn't just have to be alcohol! This process of re-learning, changing the way we think about ourselves and our lives, making positive changes can be scary and unsettling at times.

Jude, when are you leaving for your vacation? It's good you know what you're getting into so that you won't be side swiped/surprised. And it sounds like you're mentally preparing yourself.. We will definitely be with you in spirit! You have to think of all us as your shield, circling you to support you and keep you safe.:hug:

Here's to 24 af hours for all of us.. wishing everyone a good weekend.xx

Comment

Thanks LC for your kind words. It means a lot to me knowing that my friends here have my back, as my anxiety is increasing over the upcoming trip. We will be leaving very early Thursday morning, and I sure hope that I can calm myself down. (was on the verge of having a panic attack the other day) The hubby says that I am overthinking things, and he is probably right. I am a worrier by nature, which doesn't help much, but I'll just have to find positive ways to deal with it. It sounds as though you are going through a rough patch yourself at the moment. Not sleeping is the worst as it gives us way too much time to dwell on our given situation, usually in a negative way. Loved the quote this morning!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much.

Comment

5:42 am in Vegas another 24 please
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:50am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Quite the storm we had last night! Marble sized hail and downpours of rain! The hail knocked a few holes in our corrugated plastic deck roof, but no damage to the house or truck. The roof needed replacing anyway, so looks like another project for me when I heal up.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hot one on tap for today, most likely the hottest day of the summer so far, high 90's, 36C +. With lots of humidity.
              Cowboy, There are two types of cicadas, too. Annual, and the 17 year kind. Every 17 years, millions of cicadas emerge in various regions. They are everywhere, and are attracted to any high pitched noise. Especially power tools. You'd literally be covered with the bugs operating a saw outside. They noise the make is incredible. Primordial. The annual ones are bigger, but still make a lot of noise, Much louder than crickets and tree frogs.
              I'm trying to look at change as a positive thing now, as I am other things in my life. An attitude of gratitude.
              My friend was so much better when I saw him yesterday, his mental acuity is coming back, so grateful.
              24 more please

Comment

LOUD!! 17-Year Cicada Invasion (Brood II) -- Filmed in North Edison, NJ on Sunday 6/2/213 - YouTube
                Hank would love eating all those bugs!

Comment

17 Year Periodical Cicadas | Planet Earth | BBC Earth - YouTube
                  This is a good one too. They don't bite of sting, and are not a threat to humans, just annoying.

Comment

That is some crazy Mr V! Think maybe that sound would drive me to drinking if I had to put up with it for any length of time lol

Comment

I got to thank you again LC for all the quotes this week! I've had quite a bit of downtime lately and have been able to read and absorb a lot of what everyone is saying, and not just on our thread, but lots of the other threads as well. The dialogue between LC and Jude this morning, as well as the concern and sharing we have all been doing with each other makes me feel good inside. The friendships we have found in a virtual world, as well as the all caring and sharing with each other, show me that face-to-face isn't really necessary to form strong, lasting friendships. Just wanted to thank y'all for sharing my journey with me, y'all make the ride so much easier!

Comment

Mr.V., the first time I saw that bbc video about the 17 year cicada cycle, big tears came to my eyes.. such an amazingly beautiful (you know what I mean!) wonder.. Mother Nature!!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Lots of rain and very strong winds last night. I was sad to see several large tree limbs down at my favourite park this morning. Hopefully the trees can be saved.

Mr V, so glad your friend is improving! I hope his recovery continues!!

Mrs QW and I are kid proofing the house today in preparation for our grandson’s arrival tomorrow. Three years ago I got a hearing aid, something I should have done 20 years earlier. I told everyone I got it because I didn’t want to miss hearing my grandson say “Hey Granddad, let’s get into mischief”! And we somehow manage, every time we’re together.

I hope everyone has a very enjoyable af Saturday!

Great poem Cowboy!!!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I'm given to understand that cicadas are a great protein source and are delicious. However, I have no first-hand experience with that! I truly have heard that they are considered a delicacy in some parts of the world and that they taste a bit like shrimp. I'd sooner listen to them than eat them! LOL But I am pretty sure that both of those scenarios would drive me to drink, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!

Hope you and your gson find some delightful mischief to get into, QW!

24 more please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Saw this today & liked it - thought I would share with the 24 hour crowd.

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

It's a beautiful, breezy and warm morning in Berlin.. I'm looking forward to a whole af Sunday..
                                wishing you all a lovely day.

Comment

Working...
                                X