~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss

Good Sunday morning all!

Have to put my 2 cents in on the 17 year cicada's. Until a couple of weeks ago, the air around here was full of them, and the sound deafening. Whenever I went outside, they were flying everywhere, and when I went back inside, I would have a couple of them hitchhiking a ride. I didn't mind though, as they don't bite or sting, and are pretty neat to look at when when viewed up close. I live near the Onondaga Nation, and apparently the Indians consider them a delicacy. Ummm....no thanks! They are gone now, and will not be back for another 17 years, which is kind of amazing to me.

QW...enjoy the time with your Grandson today, and try to stay out of trouble!

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

6:25am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Sunny and warm this morning, back into another heat wave, good thing we got 2" of rain last week but it was too little too late for the hay crop.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:35 am in Vegas another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Figured I'd best get the breakfast out then do some talking lol

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cowboy Benedict, love it!
            Didn't get too hot yesterday, yea. Overcast, looking like rain today, We need some.
            Never did acquire a taste for cicadas, lol! My dog, however loved to eat them, couldn't get enough.
            Hope you find some mischief today, QW.
            And hope everyone else finds some peace.
            24 more please.

Comment

Alrighty then, coffee cup topped off and settled in my chair again...

Thanks [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] for those words, I use 3 sayings to live by now; what your quote says (it's how the Club got started), let go and let God, and what Jude's quote this morning refers to..

That quote rings so true for me Jude, I've always been that way and have taught my kids to be the same. Don't hold things back, don't keep things bottled up inside you. Say what needs to be said and don't worry about what other's are thinking about you. But be sure to taste your words before you spit them out because words are more deadly than a knife or gun.

I'm a bit jealous of the time you all get to spend with grandkids, but maybe not ever going to have any of my own is partly my fault. I used to tell the kids that I could hardly wait for grandchildren to spoil rotten, teach them how to wipe their nose on their shirtsleeve, spit when you need to, it's okay to pee outside when no one's watching, that sort of thing lol. But what I'll miss the most is them saying "can we go to Gramp's and Gram's farm today?"

I'm not much for trying different foods, so cicada's is definitely not on my menu lol, but I did try rattlesnake steak once many years ago, it was actually quite good!

Well we're off to Vegreville today to see the in-laws. The FIL has a "growth" on his cheek that did turn out to be melanoma when the biopsy results came back. They got the letter from the oncologist at the Cross Cancer Institute explaining the next steps. Both the in-laws have a bit of trouble with deciphering some English, especially when it comes to medical terms and procedures. I'll have to drive them up the CCI to have the growth removed, and then biopsies done to see if the cancer has spread. If it has, it'll be decision time on where to go from there.

Have a peaceful, relaxing Sunday y'all.....

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, hope everything goes well with your father in law at the Cross Cancer Institute. Mrs QW and I have been there, they do amazing work!

The calm before the storm - only a few hours until my grandson arrives! Cowboy, there is nothing quite like having the grandkids come for a visit and to hear them talk about upcoming visits. They love coming here!

When my granddaughter was here last week she had me laughing so hard when she announced in as low a voice as a 3 1/2 year old little girl could manage, “shiver me timber’s”!

And on a recent visit, our grandson told Mrs QW, “you’re not as smart as my other granny, are you?”!!!

It was a beautiful sunny morning when my little buddy and I walked at 6. We watched a coyote looking for his breakfast, so neat to have nature so close.

Hope everyone enjoys an af Sunday!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Originally posted by Quit wining View Post

When my granddaughter was here last week she had me laughing so hard when she announced in as low a voice as a 3 1/2 year old little girl could manage, “shiver me timber’s”!

And on a recent visit, our grandson told Mrs QW, “you’re not as smart as my other granny, are you?”!!!

It was a beautiful sunny morning when my little buddy and I walked at 6. We watched a coyote looking for his breakfast, so neat to have nature so close.

Hope everyone enjoys an af Sunday!

QW
                  :hahaha::hahaha: Not as smart as my other granny :rotlf: My 1st granddaughter is going to be born any day now. I'm looking forward to this.
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hello fellow travelers, I'm still busy here with the granddaughter. This is her third day here and is leaving later today. But she has had a great time and so have we! I wish I could send her up to see you for a day or two, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! She would dearly love to have a horseback ride.

Poor old Tessa came up to Mr. D this morning walking on three legs. Mr. D asked if he could take a look at her paw and she was happy to oblige. Here is what he saw:

He said it had a pretty good little grip, but that Tessa wasn't indicating any pain....just confusion! LOL

24 more please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]....what is that?

Comment

LOL! I'm not sure, really [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] but I think it is some kind of stag beetle. Tessa was quite befuddled by it! It had a good hold of her paw pad with its pincers! Mr. D got it out intact tho and put it in granddaughter's specimen box. After she got a chance to look at it, she let it go and it did not appear to be worse for the wear!
                        Last edited by dill; July 15, 2018, 11:06 AM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“You can come out of the furnace of trouble two ways: if you let it consume you, you come out a cinder; but there is a kind of metal which refuses to be consumed, and comes out a star.” – Jean Church

I think that we are all stars here at MWO! :star:

Mondays used to be hell on wheels! Much easier to face them with out a hang over!!

Another 24 please and thanks!

Comment

For me almost everyday was hell on wheels, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. I can't say Monday was a whole lot worse than any other. I did start drinking earlier in the day on Sundays tho, so there is that. Loved the quote today!

Going to the matinee today to see the latest Jurassic Park film. Perfect plan for a hot summer day!

24 more, please and thank you.
                            Dill

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

Beautiful morning here, supposed to be hot though...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

5:35 am in Vegas another 24 please
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X