No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:45am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Woke up to thunder, lightning, and rain, but still warm out. Hank hates thunder, he becomes a 130lb. "lap dog" up on the couch with me lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

cooler today, low humidity.
      You got this Jude! You don't drink.
      24 more please.

Comment

Love the quotes about friends and how our attitude can affect others Jude! As far as the holiday coming up, what are you worried about, you don't drink and that's that. Try not worrying about if you'll maintain your sobriety, and keep reminding yourself that you will! Besides, you've got a roomful of friends here to reach out to if need be! Stay strong my friend, you didn't come this far to start over again...

EDIT: x-post Mr V, great minds think alike, but then again, simple seldom differ lol.
        Last edited by abcowboy; July 18, 2018, 07:01 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

A little something for all of us to keep in mind, especially when doubts creep in!

Comment

5:32 am in Vegas another 24 please
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, where are you going on vacation? I’ve relapsed twice while on holidays so please be prepared with a solid plan and know your friends are here if you need us.

I love holidays, sadly the next big one is not until January. Mrs QW and I celebrate 44 years on Friday, think we might do a day trip somewhere close and stay over.

We too awoke to thunderstorms this morning Cowboy. My little buddy doesn’t react at all to the noise, as a matter of fact, she didn’t even move during the storm.

Hope everyone has a great af Wednesday!

QW
              Last edited by Quit wining; July 18, 2018, 09:12 AM.
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

"Ignoring a temptation is far more effective than fighting it. Once your mind is on something else, the temptation loses its power. So when temptation calls you on the phone, don't argue with it -- just hang up!"

RICK WARREN

Thought this might be an appropriate quote for the start of my vacation. Thanks all for your supportive words, it means so much to me, and I will stay close by over the next week!
                [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]....We are leaving for Ct. this morning where I will meet with all the sibs. My parents died several years ago, and we had them both cremated with the intent to have the ashes buried together. Finally, we are getting around to it, and will be having a small ceremony and burial in the town where they both met and eventually married. It will be a bittersweet reunion, but I think that it will bring a sense of closure to all of us. Then we are off to N.C. to visit my stepson and his fiancé. We have rented a cabin in the mountains set on a large river. I think that when the partying starts, I'll take my seltzer water and go for a walk in the woods. [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]...loved the words that you posted earlier, and I'll read it everyday! Not sure if we'll have WiFi at the cabin or not, but I can always use my phone as long as there is a decent signal!

Especially asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Safe travels, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and enjoy the vacation and reconnecting and sharing memories with family members. Good advice from Rick Warren! Ignore and move on. Whenever one engages in thought battles, it gives strength to the thought one is trying to defeat! It's kind of funny that way. But it's like Moms and Dads thru the ages have always said, "Just ignore it!"

My granddaughter is back again and the grandson too! This has been a summer of lots of quality time with the grandkids and it is wonderful! Grandson will help with the mowing today! Lucky me!

24 more, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Safe travels Jude 5:40 am in Vegas another 24 please
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another cool morning.
                        Congrats on the anniversary QW!
                        Headed out of town today for a family reunion. Lots of drinking Irish. I will be OK, I've managed a few of these sober.
                        Just go for a hike in the woods, Jude if things get too tough.
                        Enjoy the grand kids, Dill!
                        If I don't check in for a few days, don't worry.
                        24 more for all of us

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Safe travels Jude. Enjoy the time with your family.

Thanks for the anniversary wishes Mr V. I used to tell people that I got married when I was 6 - had to - but now it’s a lie not even I can believe!! And where did 44 years go? Wow.
                          Mr V, my Dad and I had a favourite saying. After three days, fish & visitors both stink! Enjoy the reunion and travel safely.

A beautiful day here. It was warm, 16 when we walked at 5:45, but with a nice breeze. Came home, cut the grass and I’m just back from grocery shopping. Mrs QW is experiencing low energy this morning and I think stressed because she has to have a medical this afternoon in order to renew her driver’s license. She’ll do fine I’m sure.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hope your trip was good and you got there safe and sound [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. Repeat after me “I don’t drink and I can do this!” Now go and enjoy your vacation and mini-reunion!

Comment

“You have power over your mind―not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” ―Marcus Aurelius

Made it through day one sober....not easy, but i'm here! It's amazing how boorish people become when they are drunk! i'm grateful for waking up with a clear head. Short post this morning, but thank you all for your support.
                              [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION].....hope that mrs. QW does well on her driver's licence test!

Another 24 please!

Comment

Wow, [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], 44 years! Congrats! We hit the 40 year mark this past June and we are still scratching our heads as to how that happened so fast... Fingers crossed for Mrs. QW.:heartbeat:

Well done on day one, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Thanks for the Marcus Aurelius quote; wisdom thru the ages. We have power over our minds to make correct choices and you used your power yesterday to good effect! You are right about how boorish people become when drunk. When everyone drinks tho, they can get away with it! I guess maybe that's part of the reason why there is such peer pressure by drinkers to keep everyone in the fold.

Back to the quote of the day: I think there can become a point in a drinker's brain (and other addictions) where they no longer do have the power over their own minds. Thank goodness none of us reached that point. We have a dear friend who needs a liver transplant. He has been told that he needs to successfully complete 3 months of rehab before he will qualify for a transplant. He is otherwise fit for it. He did not go. I don't think he controls his thinking anymore. Talking to him is like walking in circles. I wish I could help him somehow.

Day 3 with the grandkids. I think they will want to go home today, but we shall see. For the most part Mr. D and I try to have them when they want to be here and we feel honored that they want to spend time with old Nana and Pop Pop. When school resumes we will not have the ability to see them so often. I pray they would move closer to us.

Have safe travels [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] and enjoy the family reunion. I feel perhaps I would blend right in with you and your family if I got the chance.

24 more please.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X