~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

6:00am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Lots of grey clouds flying overhead, warm still, but maybe a little rain today...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Last edited by abcowboy; July 20, 2018, 07:00 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Mr & Mrs QDub!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy Anniversary QW 5:56 am in Vegas another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I always wonder about the "powerless over alcohol" saying in AA [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. I refused to believe I was powerless over anything, that I controlled my own destiny. Looking back now, I think I was pretty much in control, until I had my first beer, then the booze took control. That's what I used to tell people when they asked why I wasn't drinking, that alcohol started to control my life and I wanted that control back. Now I just tell them that I was a drunk, 1 always turned into 21!

Way to go Jude! Keep rockin' it eh!

Hope you're enjoying the reunion Mr V! An Irish reunion, one can only imagine lol.

How did Mrs QDub make out yesterday QDub?

How far away are your grandkids Dill? Do you go visit them as well?

Had to laugh Pauly about the "fuzzy necks", I hate that on my neck! Speaking of which, time for Bubba to give me my 1/4" LBR lol.

TGIF! Let's keep it between the lines eh!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for the anniversary wishes! We’ve heard from friends and family across the country today. Ever nice.

Mrs QW made out well at the doc’s yesterday and we’re just back from getting her drivers license renewed. A whole lot of stress is gone!

Marcus Aurelius. I used to collect Roman Imperial coins and have a few of his. Very impressive Caesar he was, not like his son Commodus.

We’re off to supper at a local restaurant to celebrate 44 years.

Hope everyone is enjoying a great af Friday!

QW
            Last edited by Quit wining; July 20, 2018, 05:22 PM.
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, “I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

Spent the day at the beach yesterday body surfing the waves...what an awesome day!

Short post today as we have a 12 hour drive ahead of us! Not sure what the Wi-Fi situation is where we are going, so may not be able to check in for a couple of days.

Short post but I'm still sober!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

7:00am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Late getting here this morning! Not sure if it's my tablet or Edge acting up!

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Last edited by abcowboy; July 21, 2018, 08:03 AM.

Comment

6:03 am in Vegas another 24 please

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:03 am in Vegas another 24 please

Comment

Safe travels today, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! 12 hours is a long time!! Body surfing in the waves....so much the better because you were not hungover!!

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], my grandchildren live 45 minutes away. It's close, but not close enough! If they had a two parent home I probably would see them less often and I would probably worry about them much less. But they only have my son and altho he has stepped up to single parenthood to the best of his ability, I know there is a lack in the children's life not having a mother present. So, Mr. D and I try to have them over frequently for them to have a bit of the feminine touch in their lives for one thing, and also for the general enrichment that grandparents can offer. And of course because we enjoy their company! But, it is a long haul to make that trip frequently. We also have a 3rd grandchild that lives in New Orleans. He and his mom are coming up in August for a visit. We are looking forward to it!

I am in agreement with you, Cowboy. We here are all powerless over alcohol but only after the first drink. The dear friend I was talking about has lost power over his mind and his ability to make sound choices. He is cognitively impaired now I believe due to his physical illness brought on by the drinking. His liver no longer works to clear ammonia from his bloodstream efficiently. I think there has been damage. He often repeats himself now and has these conversational loops that he consistently reverts to. His major problem is that he never accepted that he was alcoholic. Even after 3 months in rehab and thru all the counselling, he still denied that he had a problem. He ended up in rehab because he nearly died from cirrhosis. He had an emergency medical treatment and thencompleted 3 months in rehab and was mentally competent and relatively healthy at the end of the 3 months. But he was still in denial. He was only in rehab because his liver team said he must go there. After he left rehab he continued to drink. He never made it thru step one of the 12 steps. We have been very sad for him, watching his struggle. There but for the grace of God go I.

Wonderful news about Mrs. QW, [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! And fascinating news about your hobby! Thanks for sharing that.

It rained cats and dogs yesterday which was much needed. Looks like we are in for a few more days of rain but after such a long dry spell, I'm looking forward to it.

24 more, please and thank you!
                      Last edited by dill; July 21, 2018, 08:24 AM.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Yikes! Double post think I got greedy haha!X-post Dill,that's really sad about your friend
                        Last edited by paulywogg; July 21, 2018, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another beautiful day, cool when my little buddy and I walked at 5:45 but when we walked to a show & shine around 10, it had heated up considerably.
                          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I’ve had a few interesting hobbies, RI Coins being one. I also collected fossils for a while and have a snail that is about 325 million years old. As I said to Mrs QW recently, I know a bit about a lot of things.

Last night at our anniversary supper, I ate more than I usually do. This morning after I walked my little buddy, I read this and thought it appropriate “Exercise is a CELEBRATION of what you can do, not a punishment for what you ate”!

Hope everyone is enjoying an af Saturday!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Got to take a moment and thank [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] for the wonderful quotes this week! And today's is spot on for what you were worried about! We all face or faced those moments when we wondered if booze would win out again, that's why that first year is so important, to battle through all those firsts. And each time we do it, we prove to ourselves that we can. Sure, not every difficult situation or person may not confront us in that first year, and thank goodness for that! The first year is hard enough to get through without adding any more tough situations. But as time goes by and we continue to prove to ourselves that we are stronger, more powerful, than the need to drink is, we are setting ourselves up to be able to get through that family re-union, that death, that wedding, or that person, and being able to look back, smile, and say "take that you devil, I don't need you!" Well done my friend!

No such thing as being greedy when it comes to our sobriety Pauly! Take as many hours as you need!

Dill, I have a couple of friends that were in AA with me that are in similar situations, their health, or in trouble with the law. Sometimes there's nothing more we can do for them except pray... Sounds like your grandkid's are going to grow up knowing what love and family is all about!

Pretty lazy Saturday here for this cowboy, sitting on the deck, reading, and just enjoying life. But I'll be darn happy after Tuesday is over and I can start back with some light work!
                            Last edited by abcowboy; July 21, 2018, 08:12 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], funny you should mention the phrase 'or in trouble with the law'. That is one of the conversational loops my friend often goes into when denying his problem. He insists that he is not alcoholic because he never got into any kind of trouble with the law nor had any kind of public incident due to his drinking. Meantime, his liver was being destroyed by his daily intake which I am going to assume was much higher than he allows himself to believe. Anyway, enough on that subject! It is what it is. How are you doing? Is your arm healing up? Are you feeling any better?

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], it's about time for FTWD to come around again. I am planning on watching it. At least giving it a try. Some parts of last season were actually pretty good. But have you heard that Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) is quitting TWD?!! I can't imagine the show without him.

QW, a 325million year old snail?!! That is AWESOME! I love things like that! How did you come across it? Did you find it (if so, where, when and how) and have someone take a look at it or did you buy it?

Hey [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], hope you are having fun!

The porch is quiet, cloudy and cool this morning with a slight breeze. Birds are quieting down at this point but the crickets have begun. Love that sound!

24 more please.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“It’s time to start living the life you’ve imagined.” – Henry James

Enough is enough. There is no need to be living a life that you hate anymore. Nobody is going to get you the life that you want, it is up to you to work for it and achieve it. It is time to start living the life that you see every time you close your eyes.

6:05am in Alberta, 24 for me and anyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

1/2" of rain last night, sun is shining this morning!

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Working...
                                X