Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, I collected tools for a long time too. I never told Mrs QW how much I paid for most of them though! But, if I have need for a plumbing repair at 3AM, I probably have what I need to fix it!

When I did wedding photography I had an excuse to buy lots of expensive accessories. When I got serious about fishing I spent a lot of money on rods, reels and lures. Then I got into boating and that made everything else look cheap!

As most of you know, Mrs QW has Parkinson’s. There are a lot of subtle but nasty side effects to this disease. For our anniversary I bought her a large bouquet of flowers. While she appreciates their beauty, she can’t smell them. Today we sold her bicycle because she’s lost some of her sense of balance and she’s afraid of falling. It’s hard to see.

Hope everyone is enjoying a great af Monday.

QW
    Last edited by Quit wining; July 23, 2018, 09:08 PM.
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Cowboy, wasn’t Tony the Tiger the character for Frosted Flakes? They’re Grrrrrrrrrreat!!
      I didn’t Google this, rather relying on childhood memory so I could be wrong.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] I'm so sorry about what you and your wife are going through right now. Parkinson's is such a horrible and debilitating disease. You are correct in that it was Tony the tiger on the frosted flakes ads! ☺

Heading to the mountains of South Carolina today, where we've rented a cabin in the woods. Going horseback riding tomorrow and really looking forward to it. So nice to wake up un hung every morning, ready to enjoy the day!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!
        Last edited by Jude58; July 24, 2018, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Hmmm. What's up with men and tools?! I am convinced that Mr. D did most of his renovation projects around the house and farm specifically so he could buy the power tools to accomplish it! LOL

Jude, I am SO happy for you enjoying your vacation sober! It's the best way to travel!

I was never coo-coo for cocoa puffs, but I have never forgotten that slogan! LOL Was there a fruit loops slogan? And who could forget Wonder Bread: Helps build strong bodies in 12 ways!

Heard the national weather report about record highs out in the Southwest and thought of you, Pauly. Are you being affected by it?

24 more please.
          Last edited by dill; July 24, 2018, 06:03 AM.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.”
            – Jimmy Johnson
            The difference between being ordinary and being extraordinary is by doing a little more. It is by pushing through when most people would quit. It is about never giving up on your dreams no matter how far away they may feel.

5:45am in Alberta, I'm in for 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 yours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Last edited by abcowboy; July 24, 2018, 06:44 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Its always hot in the summer here Dill so I just got with whatever haha,enjoy your getaway QW,that is sad your wife has to deal with all of that,,she sounds like a strong woman tho and you're a strong man too for being there for her 5:42 am in Vegas another 24 please
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Nice day, cool and partly cloudy.
                I got all the tools, just don't want to use them, lol.
                Kinda like quitting AL, I had the tools, just didn't use them, now I'm giving it that little extra.
                24 more please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for the supporting comments about Mrs QW’s Parkinson’s. Bit by bit it steals her ability to live life the way she wants.

Cool and wet this morning although my little buddy and I stayed dry on our walk.

I was happy to find out that our local butcher will smoke a beef brisket for us. Our family will be here Sunday for an anniversary dinner for Mrs QW and me and having most of the work done for us is a bonus.

Hope everyone has a great af Tuesday.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Ya know, I had so much to say this morning, but I just ran out of time cause Bubba and I had to head to Edmonton for my follow-up appointments. So I'm going to try and wrap up all my thoughts from this morning in a few words... Y'all inspire me so much to do better in my own life. The compassion and support shown here everyday never ceases to amaze me...here for each other in good times and bad, in sickness and health, through joy and through sorrow...that's what it's all about and I thank each and every one of you!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hank and I make quite the pair lol. Back from the bright lights with an A+ from the surgeon and occupational therapist! Stitches removed, new splint formed and attached. Got my exercises for the next 3 weeks, then a return appointment with both. If things are going well, I'll only have to wear the splint in bed and when I shower! Hank has got skin lesions growing between his toes, vet took samples today to send away. She's not quite sure what it is, they are just filled with blood like a blood blister. She doctored him up with a bandage that has little tractors on it lol. Bubba’s got quite the pair of boys to look after!

Comment

So happy to hear that you are recovering so well! Keep up the good work. Poor Hank. Hope he feels better soon.
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Glad you’re following doctors orders and are on the mend Cowboy. I do feel sorry for Bubba though having two patients to put up with!

My little buddy Jessie sends Hank a scratch behind the ears!!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Cool and sunny this morning!
                            You make quite the pair Cowboy! Glad to see the healing is going well, wish the same for Hank.
                            Off to work
                            24 more please.

Comment

“Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be.” – Grandma Moses
                              The life that you live is not determined by outside sources. The life that you live is determined by what you make of it. Everybody is faced with challenges they have to overcome. Some people complain about them, some people overcome them and use them to get stronger and better.

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Cool and clear this morning, going to feel good to get back to work even if it's just small jobs I can do with one hand!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

You two are twinsies Cowboy! glad you're healing up so quick,you know if you were still drinking it would probably take twice or three times as long to heal! Winslow sends his love to Hank too haha QW,hubs wants one of those pricey Traeger grills just so he can make brisket,that's awesome they'll do it for you 5:33 am in Vegas another 24 for me and my friends here
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X