~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I only wanna hurt other people when I'm sober Cowboy haha! (Just kidding) 6:09 am in Vegas another 24 please
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

15:40 here and it's a very hot day.. beautiful though.. we should be able to see the moon from 9-10 this evening. Looking forward.
      Here's to 24 more af hours for all of us..

Comment

Quick fly-by
        24 more please

Comment

Originally posted by Quit wining View Post

About 5 weeks ago my neighbour thought it would be a good idea to punch a car after leaving a bar. He broke his wrist and will still be in a cast for another 2 weeks. Chalk up another one for al and the not so smart decisions people can make under the influence. He’s an electrician and not only has he been unable to work, his company shut down after 20 years in business. He hasn’t been applying for work because of the cast. I know he’s mad at himself but he’s 40 years old and has a family. What the hell was he thinking? Oh yeah, al was in charge of his brain.

QW
          Score one for alcohol, but what a shame! How does he even explain that to his kids? Probably makes some lame excuse. I hope he doesn't let this stupid move start a downward spiral that he cannot get out of. I also hope he uses this as a warning of things to come if he doesn't cut back or quit.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It was a very early start for us this morning, 5:30 when we walked in cool and cloudy conditions. Now sunny and warming up.

I hope to spend some time with my neighbour this weekend. The brisket I ordered is huge so we’ll likely share some. I worry about him - nice guy, great family man, hard working, great kids. I know his stupid mistake is weighing heavily but at the end of the day, it was just a mistake and not likely to be repeated. I bet he hasn’t had al since!

Hope everyone has a great af POETS Day!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Late check in...Just got home after a 13 hour drive.

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Cool and sunny this morning, just the way I like it! Enjoy the weather this weekend, Dill!
                Quick out of town trip today to see the in-laws.
                Gonna try and get a bike ride in too.
                Plenty of dumb stuff done here, under the influence, don't think I ever missed work though.
                Glad to see you made it through the vacation, Jude, and are now safely back home.
                24 more hours with no dumb shit thrown in!

Comment

Have a nice trip, Mr. V.
                  No place like home, eh Jude?

24 more please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:00 in Vegas another 24 please
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.”
                      – Lao Tzu
                      When you let go of what you currently are, you can become what you want to become. We all envision the person that we want to become but sometimes it feels out of reach. We must work every day to become that person and start to believe we can. It starts with letting go of who you are today and working toward who you are supposed to be.

6:15am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Here's to another 24af hours for us all!
                        We're dying of heat!!
                        Hope everyone has a good Saturday..

Comment

Thanks for a week of good quotes, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. Today's is another good one. Letting go is easier to say than to do, but I am a firm believer that we can bring about big changes for ourselves (for the better) if we are willing to do just whatever is in reach and doable for that day that moves us toward a proper goal. No step is too small. The payoffs are usually much greater than we can imagine!
                          Dill

Comment

Have a great trip Mr. V! Loved the quote cowboy! So simple but spot on! Hoping that Hank's blood work comes back with good news!
                            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]..loved your porch report from yesterday! It felt good to be back on mine with a cup of coffee this morning!

I'll take another 24 any day and thank you very much!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A beautiful sunny day here, cool when my little buddy and I headed out the door at 6 but now warming up nicely.

In anticipation of the grandkids coming tomorrow, we’ll get the house ready. Cookies will be baked, salads made and the brisket will be picked up this afternoon.

Tomorrow is to be hot, sounds like an opportunity to take the grandkids to the splash park!

Hope everyone enjoys an af Saturday!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Great to see you back home safe and sound [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! I always look forward to getting away for a bit, but towards the end, I look forward to being home even more lol. Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home!

Enjoy your trip and visit [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! I forgot to mention that we stopped at the in-laws Tuesday on our way back from the city, the fil had 2 new melanoma's on the same cheek and it's starting to worry him a bit. He's so worried about his appearance, what he'll look like with getting the 3 of them removed, bandages, stitches, scars etc, but he's also thinking about what may happen if he does nothing. Sounds like he might be a bit more open to the recommendations that he'll get from the oncologist.

Was wondering [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] if this neighbour is the same one who redid his deck and you cooked them burgers? Bet they'll enjoy some brisket as well!

Yup, it was a quote that hit home to me as well [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. No matter how bad we think we are, there's also a certain comfort in staying that person. Change is always scary, especially when it affects us deeply. And nothing can affect us more than a change that we completely transform us. But, I like the new me, and it scares me even more to go back to the person I left behind!

I know what you mean about the heat [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! I'd sooner take cold over hot any day! You can layer up for cold, but there's only so many clothes you can take off for the heat lol.
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X