~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Cowboy, I’d forgotten about taking burgers to our neighbour when he and his family were building their deck. Yes, it is the same neighbour. And last winter, he shovelled our driveway a few times for us. Good neighbours are special!

And I was right. He hasn’t had any al since he broke his wrist and he plans to stay quit.

Mr V, hope the in-law’s visit went well. Jude, glad you’re safely off the road!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Maybe the cast is on the arm that he drinks with QDub lol. Good time to slow down or stop the drinking altogether then!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
        ~Walter Elliot

That's pretty much the underlying philosophy here in the café! One day, then another, then another...

It sounds like your neighbor learned his lesson well, QW. And I agree with you that good neighbors are special and something to be grateful for. We have a good neighbor right across from us. It's like Mr. Rogers says: It's a good feeling, a very good feeling."

Fingers crossed for your FIL and his visit to the oncologist. I can sure understand his fears.

24 more for all of us here, and our neighbors, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:01 am in Northern NV and too early zzzzz! Another 24 please!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:50am in Alberta, 24 for me and anyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Comment

Mmmmm.....breakfast looks delish Cowboy! Thank you!

Asking for another 24 for all of us please and thank you very much!

Comment

I see you made it back home safe and sound [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], how's the family? How long you staying for?

Yep [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I think if we try and tackle sobriety all at once, we're bound to fail, but 24 hours at a time is doable!

Good friends and neighbours make life a whole lot easier!

Last edited by abcowboy; July 29, 2018, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It was beautiful walking this morning - full moon setting in the west as the sun was rising. Wish I had a camera lens that would capture both in the same image!

I haven’t done much with my camera gear the past few years but recently I’ve discovered I have too much time on my hands somedays and I’m afraid that might lead to drinking. So I’m revisiting my camera gear, buying a few accessories and look forward to getting out in the field with my little buddy to photograph nature. Can’t wait!

The calm before the storm - the grandkids arrive in a few hours!!!

Hope everyone is having/has a great af Sunday!

Off to brekkie Cowboy. Thanks for the suggestion of eggs and potatoes!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Hi Everyone!
                      Hope you're all having a nice Sunday..
                      Here's to another 24 af hours..

Comment

I made it 24 hours without drinking. Day 2 here and doing good. Just beating the urges to drink. I want to remain sober and the AL mind is already working on my mind for Friday. I will not drink. I got stuff to do and need to be sober for them.
                        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Great to see you here Drifty! Welcome!!!

The Cafe is my favourite part of MWO and the only place I post now.

Hope you enjoy our company and I look forward to reading about your success!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Gidday all. Monday 6.10 a.m. here. Another 24 hrs coming up. Loving the sober life.

Keep it going Drifty. You know the more time we put between now and the last drink reduces cravings more and more as we go along.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Happy Un-hung Morning, Café Peeps.. this morning I was wishing I could head over and meet some of you in person for a nice Cuppa and a cinnamon roll.
                              Here's to another 24 af hours for us all.
                              I'm looking forward to the quote of the day.. I appreciate them so much.. and all of you who keep this place going each and every day..xx
                              Last edited by lifechange; July 30, 2018, 01:49 AM.

Comment

The key to success is action, and the essential in action is perseverance.
                                ~Sun Yat-sen

QW, Thanks for your morning report yesterday of the moon rising and sun setting. I had enjoyed the moon setting too and didn't mention it in my post. It was beautiful.

Originally posted by lifechange
                                I'm looking forward to the quote of the day.. I appreciate them so much.. and all of you who keep this place going each and every day..xx
                                Lifechange, the feeling is mutual!

:welcome: [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION]

Hey, Mr. G great to see you to stopping in! The café is open 24 hours and breakfast is served any time! Great to see you. stop in for some joe.

It's dark and peaceful out on the deck with a gentle rain falling. The crickets are chirping like mad. I do wish there was a roof over my deck so I could sit and listen to the rain!

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                                Last edited by dill; July 30, 2018, 06:19 AM.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X