~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Morning all! First day back to work today, but I'm feeling kind of sluggish this morning. I guess that a vacation hang over is way better than an alcoholic one!

QW, I think it's a great idea that you get back into photography! One of my worries about retirement is that I will have too much time on my hands, and that the drinking thoughts will take over. Guess I'll have to stick around here permanently, as you guys are so supportive and inspirational! So grateful for that!:thanks2:

Great to see you here Drifty and G, come around to chat anytime!

As I was sitting out on the back porch this morning, I realized just how much I had missed it....as Dorothy said, "There's no place like home."

Asking for another 24 for all of us, and thank you very much!

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Another hot day on the horizon, supposed to get to 32C (96F) today! A/c's will be working overtime lol. Went out on the back deck this morning for my smoke, looks like 2 bats have made a home there, pretty cool to watch them dip and dive in the backyard eating mosquitos.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great to have you both here [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION]! Lots of room, so settle in and make yourself comfortable. No rules on what you want to talk about or share, except for 1 that is, no politics please, I get enough of that on CNN lol.

You back from the in-laws Mr V?

Photography is a great hobby QDub, can't wait to see some of your work!

Back to the grind eh Jude, but it's not a grind if you like your work.

Like [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], I look forward to reading the daily quote. I read your post from yesterday Alison, one from Dill about the Café and Club being about 24 hours, and her quote this morning about perseverance. They all somehow related to me. Don't start overthinking Friday, that's a long way away. Think about today, get through today, then do the same tomorrow. Keep that up, and Friday will come and go. After all, it's just another day that ends in "y".
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Jude,I too have vacation hangover and it was just the weekend! Feels like I've been gone for weeks tho but better than a real hangover anyday! 5:20 am in Vegas another 24 please
          Last edited by paulywogg; July 30, 2018, 07:20 AM.
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Light rain this morning, but it looks like the sun is trying to break through.
            Back home too!
            Got 2 bike rides in this weekend, yea!
            A little stressful for my wife at her mom's. But the bike rides helped.
            Great to see you both, Drifty and G-man!
            Watched the old movie Papillon this weekend and this scene where he is hallucinating in solitary really struck home. Glad not to be wasting my life any more.
            Papillon - A Wasted Life - YouTube
            24 more please

Comment

I'm in agreement with all of you , with regards to the vacation/weekend hangover.. I think I was suffering a bit from that this morning!
              It is 35°C here today.. and with no AC.. tomorrow will/should be 37°C!.. We have hotter weather than in Greece or Spain.. so while it's a bit difficult to handle, I have a bit of schadenfreude.:happy2: I wouldn't have (because I love it here in the summer) and couldn't have afforded it anyway, to fly south for the summer..so i'm forcing myself to enjoy it! We have to change cooking plans this week.. but that's ok.
              AB, I wish I had a pet bat to eat the mosquitoes flying around my room at night! Thanks for the support re: Friday.. after having ben at work today and making a bit more progress, I'm really not worried.
              Dill, I'm thinking you should have a (small) roof built over your deck so that you can sit out there in the rain.. is that a possibility?
              Jude and Pauly, Mr. V, Qdub, Gman, Drifty.. hope I didn't miss anyone.. xx
              Last edited by lifechange; July 30, 2018, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Interesting reading reports from those returning to work after a break. I always figured the sign of a good vacation/weekend, especially long weekend, was when you had to go back to work for a rest! And now, as a grandparent, I find the day after the little ones have gone home to be so relaxing! Case in point, they were only here for 4 hours yesterday and after cleaning up, we slept an extra hour! Didn’t wake up until 6:45 whereas my little buddy and I are usually close to home after an hours walk by that time.

So very thankful to be experiencing everything without a hangover!

The brisket was fabulous! 30 minutes on the top rack of the grill to warm it up was all that was needed. Must thank my butcher today for doing a great job in the seasoning and smoking!

Hope everyone is enjoying a great af Monday. Off to spend quality time with my little buddy and camera gear.

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Not that I'm trying to give Mr D a make-work project [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], but I've used these on a couple of decks I've built where the owners wanted a sun/no sun option for their decks. Would work just as good for the rain as well! Relatively cheap and easy to install!

Comment

Its 8:10pm here and watching Whose line before bed. Enjoyed work today (I am a housekeeper 5 weeks on and I am so far liking my job). I know that drinking would not have been good and will never be an option again.
                    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Failures, repeated failures, are finger posts on the road to achievement.
                      One fails forward toward success.

~C. S. Lewis

Greetings to all. [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] I have talked with Mr. D about a roof or a screened in porch but he says it is not an option due to roofline in that particular spot. But [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], that is a good suggestion! I think I will take the idea up with Mr. D and see what he says. We have one of those on our little camper.

Well done on day 3, [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION], keep up the good work!

24 more please and thank you.
                      Last edited by dill; July 31, 2018, 03:57 AM.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Loved the quote dill. Too many people just give up after their first failure. Many failures often lead to success, but only if we learn from our mistakes. I like cowboys roof idea. You'd be amazed at how much more time you'll spend on your porch!

Another 24 please and thank you very much!
                        Last edited by Jude58; July 31, 2018, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Rainy start here today
                          It's hard to beat a good brisket, QW!
                          Wish I had a cover over part of my deck too. I had a covered porch on an older house I owned, really miss that, so nice to sit out in a rain shower.
                          Oh well, can't have everything!
                          Sorry about the heat, LC, that must be tough where you live. I'm sure there is almost no AC anywhere! Hopefully you've got a fan to move some air through, at least enough to sleep.
                          Stay strong, Drifty.
                          24 more please

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Our butcher offers the same service QDub, we've used him on occasion for when we need large amounts of meats spiced, cooked, and sliced.

The RV awning is just another way of getting a roof on a deck, they actually make a motorized awning specifically for houses, but they can get pretty expensive depending on the size. Both the customers I did the RV Awning roof were very happy with the end result. Not much good for winter up here because of the snow, but it's too darn cold in the winter to sit out on the deck anyway lol.

No such thing as failure when it comes to sobriety, setbacks maybe, but not failure. My dad always said that the only time you fail is when you don't learn from your mistakes. Learn, change the strategy, and move forward with a new plan..

Comment

5:30 am in Vegas another 24 please
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X