Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I was awakened at midnight last night by a thunder storm that continued for almost 2 1/2 hours. My little buddy lay by my side of the bed for the whole night but she wasn’t bothered by the noise.

Mrs QW and I are just back from a shopping trip and lunch. Great to get a bunch of things looked after plus Mrs QW was able to manage her meal without help. I think it was a confidence booster for her.

Hope everyone is enjoying being af on this Tuesday!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Day 4 and craving beer tonight. I know this shall past and the more sober days I have, the better off I will be. I so want to go out Friday night but I am staying home. I may have the funds, but I will not be out for the next period of time until I feel that I can go out and not drink. And if that day does not come, then oh well.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Six am here in N.Y., cloudy and a little muggy. I had trouble sleeping last night, so I got up (2:30 am) and sat out on the back porch. Not much to hear in the woods tonight....just a gentle breeze fluttering through the leaves. The only lights that I could see were the fireflies flitting around outside the screening. Amazing how bright they are for such a small insect!

Drifty.....I don't think that I would go out this early in your quit. I know that I could never do that and remain sober, but I guess that everyone is different. Best to go with your gut feelings.

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!
        Last edited by Jude58; August 1, 2018, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Making a comeback is one of the most difficult things to do with dignity. ~Greg Lake

[MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION], you are doing so well! It is too early perhaps for you to go out and be around drinking, but I believe eventually you will be able to. I managed eventually to go to family gatherings and other occasions where drink was a major part. It does happen. I got to the point where I could forego drink when I went out, but I still have trouble not drinking at home alone on the rare occasion. I'm still working to beat that.

QW and Jude, I was awake a good part of the night last night too. I had the window open right by my head so I just lay in bed listening to the night sounds. I wish I knew what kind of insect makes that funny sound I only hear at night at this time of year. I hear it along with the crickets, but it stops before the crickets stop. Maybe Mr. D knows.

Originally posted by Mr Vervill
          Wish I had a cover over part of my deck too. I had a covered porch on an older house I owned, really miss that, so nice to sit out in a rain shower.
          Oh well, can't have everything!
          [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], According to Mr. D, even the RV awning will not work at that location. There isn't enough height on the wall we would need to attach it to. So, like you [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], I am resigning myself. But, it's ok. Funny thing is, it occurred to me that we actually have a small front porch that has a roof over it! I am just not accustomed to using that part of the house so much! So, no roof for the deck, but I'm ok with that! What kind of a house do you live in? Mine is an old farmhouse built circa 1870.

24 more please.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Making a comeback is one of the most difficult things to do with dignity. ~Greg Lake

[MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION], you are doing so well! It is too early perhaps for you to go out and be around drinking, but I believe eventually you will be able to. I managed eventually to go to family gatherings and other occasions where drink was a major part. It does happen. I got to the point where I could forego drink when I went out, but I still have trouble not drinking at home alone on the rare occasion. I'm still working to beat that.

QW and Jude, I was awake a good part of the night last night too. I had the window open right by my head so I just lay in bed listening to the night sounds. I wish I knew what kind of insect makes that funny sound I only hear at night at this time of year. I hear it along with the crickets, but it stops before the crickets stop. Maybe Mr. D knows.

Originally posted by Mr Vervill
            Wish I had a cover over part of my deck too. I had a covered porch on an older house I owned, really miss that, so nice to sit out in a rain shower.
            Oh well, can't have everything!
            [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], According to Mr. D, even the RV awning will not work at that location. There isn't enough height on the wall we would need to attach it to. So, like you [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], I am resigning myself. But, it's ok. Funny thing is, it occurred to me that we actually have a small front porch that has a roof over it! I am just not accustomed to using that part of the house so much! So, no roof for the deck, but I'm ok with that! What kind of a house do you live in? Mine is an old farmhouse built circa 1870.

24 more please.
            Last edited by dill; August 1, 2018, 06:48 AM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

15C (62F) out this morning, lots of thunder and lightning already, so Hank is up on the couch laying with me. Try typing with one hand a dog's head in your lap lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:21 am in Vegas another 24 please
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cloudy but mild when we walked this morning, the forecast being for partly cloudy with a slight chance of rain. So I decided it would be a good time to cut the grass. Ours done plus the neighbour’s front yards. And I’m tired! Already logged almost 12,000 steps today by 10AM.

I’m really enjoying spending the time with my camera gear. Can’t wait to become more proficient with it and who knows, if I get some good shots I might share them here.

Hope everyone enjoys a great af Wednesday!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

I am sorry for the duplicate post. When I realized there was a duplicate I tried to delete it, but couldn't find a delete button anywhere. I think that's odd, because I used to be able to delete a post. If anyone knows how it's done or if it can be done, please let me know.

The insect sound I was listening to last night was the katydids! I should have known that but had forgotten. It's a great sound to listen to on a sleepless night, I must say!

Sounds like you got in quite a workout today, QW!
                    Last edited by dill; August 1, 2018, 02:03 PM.
                    Dill

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]....There should be an edit post at the bottom right of your screen. (under the box you're posting in.) When you click on it, it should give you the option to delete your post. I know, I've had to use it many times!
                      Last edited by Jude58; August 1, 2018, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], that has been how I have done it in the past too. But for some reason, that delete button is not showing up for me this time. It's kind of confusing!
                        Last edited by dill; August 1, 2018, 02:55 PM.
                        Dill

Comment

Cowboy, I’ve been meaning to ask how the healing is progressing, both yours and Hanks.

Hope Bubba is surviving!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Figured I’d do a post in Word, then copy and paste as there’s a few things I should reply to, so it’s just easier this way lol.

Everyone used to be able to “delete” posts [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], that’s now a function reserved for subscribers, that’s why you don’t see the delete button anymore. Besides, I don’t mind seeing your posts twice, sometimes it takes even more than that to penetrate my thick skull lol.

You must be able to read my mind, I was wanting to say a few words to [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] and your quote this morning fit right in with what I wanted to say! I want to thank both you ladies, not for slipping, but for coming back and telling your story. I was almost certain that getting sober again wouldn’t be hard at all. But listening to the both you explain what you’re going through scares the bejesus out of me! Any time I even contemplate having a drink, I’ll remember both of your stories and struggles, and for that I thank you. And by the way, this mornings quote doesn’t apply to you two, you’re making a comeback with all the dignity that you deserve!

The healing is going great [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], it’s the physio and swelling reduction that is frustrating. And I know that I have no reason to complain considering what others like Mrs QDub are facing. So many things could have happened to make my situation worse, so I count myself lucky to be in the situation I’m in. Right now, because of the splint design, I can only move the last two joints on all my fingers, and only the tip of my thumb. I have “stretching” exercises to do 5 times a day to loosen up those joints for now. The funny thing is, the finger that wasn’t affected, my forefinger, hurts the most when I stretch it! When I go back on Tuesday, I get a new splint that will allow me full use of my fingers and thumb with another set of exercises to do. Two weeks after that, the splint can be taken off during the day and start working my wrist. A slow process, but the only way to regain full use again. As far as Hank goes, his foot is all healed up where they took the samples for testing. We have an appointment with the vet tomorrow afternoon to have his blood tested again to check on the proper dosage of his thyroid medication, and to go over the results of this last test. Needless to say, my fingers are crossed!

I figured with this downtime, it was a good opportunity to take care of the rest of my physical problems. My truck is going to see some miles on it in August as I have the physio appt on the 7th, eye exam on the 8th, surgeon follow-up and another physio on the 22nd, and hearing test on the 23rd. The only thing left will be my teeth, which I think will have to wait till after harvest. Time and finances will be a factor in getting all my dental work done.

I tell you, I’m going to owe Bubba big time when I’m fully healed! She’s been doing all the chores, hers and mine, and looking after Hank and I at the same time! I’m doing as much as I can to help out, but it’s quite limited until after my next physio appointment. Tell me again why she puts up with me and has stood by my side through everything I’ve put her through! That alone tells me God is looking down on me with favor!

Think I’ve about covered it for now, and sending a big “high five” to [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], and [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]!
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Rainy and very muggy on the back porch today, but not complaining as soon enough the snow machine will be starting up again.

It sounds as if you're in for a long healing process Cowboy, thankfully you have Bubba there to help both you and Hank make a full recovery. Hopefully, you will have good news about the blood work at the vet's today!

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Freedom is the open window through which pours the sunlight of the human spirit and human dignity.
                                ~Herbert Hoover

Individual freedom is a basic human right. Freedom from alcohol is a choice and gift we give ourselves. This quote aptly describes both.

I stuck my head out to see what the deck was like this morning. I was so enticed by the magical feeling and sight of the thick predawn fog and the sounds of the morning that I had to bring my laptop out and post from the deck. I'm so happy to be free from a hangover so I can enjoy this morning to its fullest.

24 more please and thank you.
                                Last edited by dill; August 2, 2018, 07:07 AM.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X