No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6:00am in Alberta, I'll take 24 more please, and thanks...

Freedom is the one word I use to describe sobriety [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Loved the quote!
    Thunderstorms and a bit of rain last night, more of the same for today.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Overcast and muggy
      Thought I posted yesterday, but must have gotten lost in the ether.
      Wondering about Ori.
      Hope everyone else is well.
      24 more please

Comment

5:42 am in Vegas another 24 please Mr.V there's been a lot of peeps over the years who got sober,stay sober and just settle into life and just don't feel the need to come here daily anymore,I'm sure Ori is busy jusy living his life,waves to all
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

More thunderstorms and lots of rain overnight but my little buddy and I walked our route and stayed dry this morning.

Mrs QW is having a good day so far and is baking banana bread, one of my favourites! We both appreciate her good days!!

Glad the recovery is going well Cowboy. Let us know how Hank makes out at the vet. Give him a scratch behind the ears from Jessie and me.

Hope everyone has a great af Thursday!

QW
          Last edited by Quit wining; August 2, 2018, 10:51 AM.
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

We are what we believe we are.
            ~C. S. Lewis

Another tranquil morning on the deck.:happy2:

I'm so glad to hear Mrs. QW had a good day yesterday. Wish I could have had a piece of that banana bread. I'm also happy to hear that you and Hank are healing nicely, Cowboy.

24 more please and thank you.
            Last edited by dill; August 3, 2018, 05:15 AM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Cool and cloudy, more rain in the forecast, I'll take it!

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I had to go to our hospital yesterday afternoon to have more stitches removed! I was at the farm doing some clean up in my shop and noticed these 2 tiny white spots on my nicely healed cut. Upon further investigation, I saw 3 of the white dots, and 1 blue thread. I rubbed the area a bit and dang if the dots sprang out more and I knew they were stitches! The blue one was a surface stitch that had got missed and came to the surface and the other 3 were dissolvable stitches used underneath. The nurses couldn't figure out why they weren't dissolved yet, and how they managed to worm their way through the skin to the surface! All fixed up now and have to be watchful for infection.

Way to go [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] on reaching 11 months, the countdown to 1 year begins!
                  Last edited by abcowboy; August 3, 2018, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Cool but muggy, going to warm up today.
                    Young Mr V and roommates got booted from their house, seems the owner wants it back, breaking the lease. They were able to find another place, but it's not ready yet. We live near a university, and it's difficult this time of year. So now my dining room is filled with all his stuff until the new place is ready, and he's back home for a few weeks.
                    24 more please

Comment

5:50 am in Vegas another 24 please

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself.
                        ~Abraham Joshua Heschel

There was a lot of activity on the Gratitude thread last night. That was really nice. I have been struggling lately to find a grateful thought to post. I decided I'm going to post there more often tho, even if I repeat myself. After all the point is not to be novel, but to be grateful! And even reading posts of others instills that moment of gratitude. That's a good thing, as Martha Stewart might say!

Nice cool morning this morning, but it's going to be hot and humid later.

24 more, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I'll take the cool as long as it lasts today.
                          Self discipline is like self care, why do some of us find it so hard?
                          24 more please

Comment

5:39 am in Vegas another 24 please!

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Cool and cloudy again this morning. It's a long weekend up here in Canada and the forecast is much the same for the whole weekend. Might not be nice for the campers and lake-goers, but we definitely need the cooler temps and moisture.

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Thanks for the great quotes this week [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I always have trouble with the word self-respect as I think respect is something that you earn, so how do I earn it for myself? I guess by making improvements to myself and my lifestyle. Kinda like what [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] mentioned about self-care, we need to look after ourselves first, but that's not always an easy thing to do. So if we continually strive to improve ourselves, we are doing what we need to do.

Bubba and I are going out tonight to the 60th birthday party for our friend and neighbour Tommy. Tommy has the shop that's known as the local bar and grill just 1 mile north of our farm. I've spent countless hours drinking in that shop, and now I don't spend as many hours there, and I drink coffee or Coke when I'm there. Anyway, there is a small lake just 4 miles from the farm with a campground, Jackfish Lake Campground, and the organizers of the party have booked the entire campground for the long weekend of partying, and that's what it will be. It's not my kind of weekend anymore, so Bubba and I will go out for the cocktail hour, supper, and gift presentations and to visit with all the friends and neighbours. They are expecting a crowd of about 300, so we won't be staying long lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X