Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We had heavy rain overnight, much needed, but it stopped before 6 and my little buddy and I were able to stay dry on our walk. Speaking of my little buddy, today is her 3rd birthday. Hard to believe she’s been with us for a year. She has been such a good fit with our lifestyle, I’m not sure who rescued who!

Jude, homemade apple pie. Not much better than homemade apple pie warm from the oven. Let me know when you have some pies baked and I’ll be right there!! My fork is already packed!

Hope everyone is enjoying a great af Sunday.

QW
    Last edited by Quit wining; August 5, 2018, 11:24 AM.
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
      Great to see you [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! How are you doing?? I don't get on FB too much anymore and so have lost track of some special friends. xx, NS
      Hi NS! I've missed you. Good here. Just living the retirement dream.

Comment

Wow, lots of stuff to get caught up on!

I was the same as you [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], except it was our youngest daughter who moved in with us. And then I even gave her a job working with me. We didn't know how long she'd be staying as she was job hunting for a Forensic Psychologist position. It was back in my drinking days, came home drunk, said some hurtful things to her, and told her to go live with her mother. Things are pretty much back to normal between us now but it did take a lot of time and forgiveness. What I did learn was to cherish every moment we have with our kids, you just don't know when they'll be gone for good!

Don't feel bad [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I had to Google CRAFT lol.

Hank says Happy Birthday Jessie [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! We're supposed to get Hank's latest test results back on Tuesday, but he did lose almost 15 lbs since he started his thyroid meds!

Homemade apple pie [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]!! Make mine with extra cinnamon please, and 2 scoops of frozen yogurt on top!

Bubba and I got out to the birthday party about 4:45 yesterday afternoon, and by the looks of a few people, the cocktail hour started at noon lol. The food was fantastic and visiting with everyone was great. They had Budweiser Prohibition on hand for the non-drinkers (which there were a few of) but I stuck to my Coke. The drinking going on didn't bother me at all, but the swearing got on my nerves after a short while. I used to curse with the best of them, drinking or not, but never around women! Sure glad my cursing left me when I left the booze behind! We only stayed till 8:30 then headed for home, had about all I could handle of the noise by then.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Just a quick check in.. Here's to 24 more af hours!!
          xx

Comment

Cowboy I forgot to thank you for yesterday's quote and meant to tell you that it really hit a chord with me. It seems that I have some areas of my character that I grapple with all the time and I get tired of having to do so! For instance I can easily be short tempered with Mr. D's poor hearing. I get irritated with having to repeat myself or having to actually shout at times if his aids are out. I have to work on patience each and every day. It never comes naturally it seems. I'm glad each day gives me a new opportunity to improve.

Living the retirement dream here too, Ginger! Wouldn't it be hell if each day was seized by alcohol instead of by ourselves?

24 more please and thank you.!
            Last edited by dill; August 6, 2018, 07:27 AM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another hot and muggy day here, but the nights do seem to be getting cooler. I love Autumn with the changing colors, crisp air, pumpkins, and especially the apple harvest. I'll let you know when the pies are coming out of the oven QW and Cowboy!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!
              Last edited by Jude58; August 6, 2018, 06:35 AM.

Comment

“You are not your past. You are the warrior that rose above it to become the example of someone who didn't survive, but thrived in creating the most beautiful last chapter of their life.” - Shannon L. Alder

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another hot and muggy one here. We are entering the dog days of summer around here, at least another month of temps around 90 or higher. Autumn will be here soon enough, not rushing things.
                  We had five apple trees in our yard growing up, as well as pear trees, cherry, and plum.
                  My mom would make apple sauce with all the apples, and freeze it for the winter. Not too many pies, too many kids! She'd have to make 3 or 4 for one meal, lol!
                  24 more please.

Comment

Patience is indeed a virtue [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. I know Bubba is frustrated at my lack of hearing as well, and I get frustrated too! I've become much more patient, but can still be easily frustrated. Funny how patience and frustration go hand in hand lol.

Comment

5:40 am in Vegas another 24 please
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Slept in this morning! Something so soothing about the ocean sounds. Love the quote this morning. Another 24 please and thank you.

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], do you go south in the winter? Happy Monday☺

Comment

Just back from the farm, 30C (92F) out already! But we got the grass cut, plants and flowers watered, and picked 2 gallons of chokecherries. Bubba’s got her work cut out for her this afternoon making chokecherry jam and jelly. She made 4 jars of Saskatoon jam, and froze 24 bags of the berries to use for pies and tarts through the winter. Lots more chokecherries to pick, by she says she has enough for what she wants to make.

Sitting outside in the shade now with Hank, have to get on Amazon and get 10 Kindle Unlimited books as I’m on the last book in the box of paperbacks that Bubba’s friend gave me.

Comment

Sounds like we'll be having some jam on our toast this winter when you lay out our Sunday brunches, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! YUM!
                            [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], no we don't go south for the winter. We somehow manage to stick it out around here in spite of the snow and cold! Are you being affected by any of the fires out that way or are you further north?
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It was lovely and cool first thing this morning when we walked but it has warmed up considerably, currently 33.7C or 92.6F. Thank goodness for central air!

We went for a drive today to a town about 2 hours away and fell in love with a provincial park and lake. Our camping days are over but “roughing it” in a motor home might work!

Cowboy, hearing loss is a bothersome thing for not only us who have it but for those around us, our spouses especially. Mrs QW can’t tell when I'm wearing mine so every so often, (doing this on a good day is important) I’ll ask her to repeat something she said. Then when she does, in a louder voice, I’ll tell her there’s no need to shout! Yeah, I know, hard to believe she’s put up with me for 44 years!

Hope everyone had a great af Sunday!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

3 years sober yesterday. another 24 for me please. thanks for remembering me Cowboy!

Comment

Working...
                                X