Congratulations Bri.:goodjob::victorious:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Congratulations Bri!!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Great to see you [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION]! Stop in more often eh! And congrats again!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Congrats on 3 years, Bri!
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

QW, I had to smile at your story about you asking Mrs. Q to repeat something and then telling her there's no need to shout. Good to know Mr. D and I are not the only ones playing that out! LOL Hearing loss is a serious problem and I feel very sad for Mr. D and for all who suffer it. That goes for you and Cowboy too!:hug::love:

Cowboy, yesterday's quote was really good once again. [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] has a real knack for finding the good ones!

24 more please and thank you.
            Last edited by dill; August 7, 2018, 06:16 AM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Quick fly by this morning, but always time to ask for another 24 hours please and thank you very much!

Have a great day all!

Comment

"The attitude you bring, the determination you have, the goals you set all will result in the type of year that you will have." - Theodore W. Higginsworth

5:55am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Sunny and warm out already this morning, they are forecasting us to be close to the 100's by the end of the week, unheard of up here!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I remember back quite a few years ago when I needed bifocals, thinking I'm too young to start being old lol. Then came the trifocals, and the hearing loss, and the need for dentures, and I started thinking, I'm not getting old, I'm just paying the price for neglecting my body! But not once did I stop and think what all the booze was doing to me. And thinking that I couldn't afford hearing aids or false teeth, but I could afford a $150 per week drinking habit. So no, I'm not getting old, I'm just finally getting around to doing the things I should have done years ago, like quitting drinking....

Comment

5:30 am in Vegas another 24 please Cowboy,I have to use reading glasses now yikes! Got to get my eyes checked here soon too
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Huge Congratulations on 3 years, [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION]!

Heavy rain overnight, probably about 2 inches. Cooler today, but still muggy.
                      Looking forward to a few photos, QW!
                      24 more please!

Comment

Good drizzly morning from the coast! Enjoying the coolness before we head inland this Friday where temps will be much higher.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It’s a scorcher already today and by the end of the week, it’s to be 35C, 95F.

Had my little buddy to the vets this morning for her annual check up and shots. All good except we may need to have her teeth cleaned. Krikey, it’s more expensive than we pay the hygienist for a cleaning!

I hear you Cowboy about all the things we need as we age. I remember a Herman cartoon years ago where an old guy is having a check up and he tells the doctor that if he’d known he was going to live so long he’d have taken better care of himself!

Hope everyone has a great af Tuesday!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Ah, where to start....

My eye exam is tomorrow [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I've been putting it off for too long as I know I need a new prescription. Just tired of squinting and trying to move my head to focus things that just won't come into focus anymore lol.

I love Herman [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!

I concur about the quotes [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] sent me [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION].

I'm happy to see that you posted your story on the Relapse thread [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. I didn't want to say anything, nor did I want to put you on the spot after seeing you log in and then finally start posting again. You're not alone here, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] have gone through the same experience. Stories like the 3 of your's, although sad, are just as important as the sobriety celebrations. They teach us that no matter how much time we stay away from the booze, we're just one drink away from becoming a drunk again. I thank you for your courage and your honesty. Welcome back and we're happy to have you join us! :hug:

The vet called and said we have to wait a few more days for the test results to come back as the lab is swamped. I think she called it right about being one more thing caused by his hypothyroidism as there are no new blisters, and the existing ones are slowly shrinking.

I had my physio appointment in the city today. It was good news mixed with a bit of bad... My mobility progress is doing better than expected, except for the pinky finger. He suspects that one of the repaired tendons healed into the scar tissue as you can see the scar get tugged when I try to move my pinky. He gave me more exercises to try and help the tendon glide, and it's a wait and see for another 2 weeks till I see the surgeon again. I told him I wasn't going under the knife again for that, I'll get as much movement as I can with the exercises and leave it at that. No new splint either because I don't have to wear the first one as often, so that's a bonus! Also got a fancy tenso glove and arm band to help bring the swelling down, hopefully it will work....
                            Last edited by abcowboy; August 7, 2018, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Quick fly by again.. just spent almost an hour in the Nest.. Big hugs to everyone at my favourite Café.. and here's to another 24 af hours!!xx

Comment

"Thoughts become the experiences you live. Releasing old thought patterns clears the way for new patterns of living." - Iyanla Vanzant

5:55am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X