No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must be a holiday back east? I beat the Porch Sisters and Mr Vervill in today lol. No problem, fresh coffee is brewing!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:26 am in Vegas another 24 please
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Cool, muggy and rainy. Must be the reason I'm late.
        Thanks for the coffee Cowboy, needed this morning, lol.
        Got a busy two weeks of work ahead, stressing a little.
        24 more please.

Comment

Really loved the quote this morning [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! The first thing that we must overcome is our physical addiction to a substance, the second, and often the most difficult to conquer, is the psychological addiction. I tend to romanticize alcohol when I'm craving a drink. All I can think about is how good it will taste, and the warm glow of contentment after the first glass. During this yearning phase, my mind conveniently forgets the black outs, stupidity and hang overs. That's when thinking ahead helps me maintain my sobriety, and save my life.

No holiday here cowboy, although I am usually off on Wednesdays. I have been up since 4:00 am, but had a lot to do before I could post today!

Muggy, cool and rainy on the back porch this am, pretty quiet in the woods, but the creek sure was making a lot of noise!

[MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]... I do understand about relapse, and know what you have been through. You are back here trying again and that's what really makes the difference!

Another 24 please, and thank you very much!

Comment

Top of the morning to you! Happy Wednesday. 24 more please and thank you.☺
            Last edited by Ginger999; August 8, 2018, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mrs QW and I saw the new Mission Impossible movie last night. Not her type of movie but she indulged me!

Smoky here this morning thanks to fires in British Columbia. My little buddy and I walked early and I’ve just finished cutting the grass before it gets too hot. Friday’s forecast now calls for a high of 37C or 98.6F, too hot for my liking. I think our son might bring the grandkids here for the day to play at our splash park and enjoy our central air.

Great to see the recent posts! Hope everyone gets through today af free!!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Late check in for me today. Better late than never, eh?

Cowboy, glad to hear you and Hank are both making steady improvements.

Hey Mr. V, try not to stress. :hug: It's only work.
                Last edited by dill; August 8, 2018, 11:26 AM.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], you make a great point in encouraging Mr V not to stress - it’s only work. For far too many years I took work too seriously, coincidentally that’s when my drinking was the heaviest.

My sister is a doctor and has said that not one of her patients on their death bed ever said they wish they’d spent more time at the office.

There is so much more to life than work!

QW
                  Last edited by Quit wining; August 8, 2018, 01:05 PM.
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

68 degrees here in N.Y with a gentle soothing rain rolling off the roof as I sit out here on the back porch. All kinds of night sounds surround me. I can hear the transition from Summer into Fall through the sounds of different insects and other wildlife. I love the lonely calls of both the great horned and screech owls. It's so very peaceful, and I'm grateful to be privy to nature's performance.

I agree with you [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] about the fact that too many people define who they are by the work that they do. Nothing else seems to matter to them, yet they are missing out on so many things. My job is often difficult, but I do love it, and feel that I make a difference in people's lives, but there is so much more in life to enjoy as well. I plan on retiring in a couple of years, and I already have so many projects planned in my head, and can't wait until the day when I have more time to pursue them. Remaining sober has given me clarity of thought and ambition enough to accomplish these goals when I retire, and it's one of many reasons that keeps me from taking that first drink. I know in my heart that I would have spent all of those hours in retirement plopped in my chair and comatose with a perpetual drink in my hand.

Asking for another 24 please for myself and everyone else, and thank you very much!

Comment

Fog here. I love a good morning fog. I could hear a distant call that sounded like an owl, but it was too distant for me to make it out for sure. Lots of insect sounds in between us.

My daughter and grandson from New Orleans arrive today for a few days together. We will have a group birthday celebration for her and my granddaughter who had a recent birthday too. August is a big month for birthdays in our family it seems! I bet that has something to do with the long winter nights of December. :love:

24 more hours of clarity, peace and joy please.

PS- There you go, cowboy! The porch sisters have posted back-to-back. All's right with the world!
                      Last edited by dill; August 9, 2018, 05:39 AM.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"No other road, no other way, no day but today." — Jonathan Larson

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Smoky here as well, we have heat and air quality warnings for the whole week. One can only imagine what it's like closer to the fires!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

:yay:, all is right in the world thanks to the Porch Sisters!

It's a really good quote today [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. We've all faced exactly what it is referring to! So many times I put my sobriety off because I just couldn't face a life without Budweiser. But then I got to the point of knowing that there was no other road, no other way, and today had to be the day! I kept that thought in my head, knowing that I wanted to be sober, wanted to quit living the life that I was living, and started doing it one day at a time!

Comment

5:45 am in Vegas another 24 please
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Much cooler and sunny this morning.
                              Lots of work today, some at home, then off till after midnight.
                              It'll probably be a late check in tomorrow, lol!
                              24 more please.

Comment

Another great quote! Got to say, "no thanks, I don't drink" last night. Felt so good.

Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X